Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The serious thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You have to change the amount of threads you see by changing the display length at the bottom of the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

OK boards that was way too many tweets and retweets
    you've sloshed my little birdbath
    might I suggest a link to the daily board news page
    rampant tweets might make one hit unfollow (which apparently isn't a word)

272470298.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1302296255&Signature=2n%2FBA9JBugIN75B7o%2FJ9FbdJWBE%3D

http://twitpic.com/4i7zfe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

What the f*ck are you talking about? This is a rhetorical question. I do not actually care because your... whatever it was you posted, has nothing to do with this forum.

Now I might have the wrong end of the stick here, but are you actually trying to give feedback for Boards.ie through TCN? Seriously? Have you COMPLETELY forgotten the Feedback or Help Desk forums? Are you somehow, after all these years, still unaware of the purpose of each forum on this site?

Hang your head in shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Sarrrky.... baaaaaaabe. I'm hearing unconfirmed reports of TCN beers that have taken place in the past (opposite to the future and present). Is this true? Why aren't there anymore? I think I remember someone started a thread for one ages ago and you locked it.

It is true, though I never had the time/money/inclination to attend.

There aren't any now because nobody organises them. Also, I don't know if I want to allow an event to be organised through this forum that could drag Boards.ie to court over some creepy stalker taking advantage of someone too stupid to take sensible precautions with their personal details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Would be nice though. Or we could gatecrash some other beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

YES! Gate crash like the non drinkers non-alcoholic beers, or another tame affair.
    But wait til after June.

Sarky would you be inclinded to attend a beers, if one was organised, that nesters would be at?

Probably not. I'm very busy, and I dislike travelling to Dublin.

can me and fago organise a tcn one?

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote: »

:(

:(
    can me and fago organise a tcn one?

Yeah can we?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Sarky wrote: »
    What if I promise to attend?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

sNarah wrote: »
    Would be nice though. Or we could gatecrash some other beers.
    Bring it on:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056276876

Most interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

As this is the serious thread, I'l like to just like to say:

RIP Rozabeez, who gave us much happiness and lols here in tCN.
    She'll be greatly missed. :(

Indeed, she contributed more than her fair share of lulz in her time. She will be sorely missed.

RIP Roz. :(

Fago! wrote: »
    RIP Roz. :(

Where's rozabeez gone

She died earlier this week in Indonesia :(

• Advertisement

What? Are you joking? I only spoke to her a couple of weeks ago. Omg

Nope, wouldn't joke about something like that. She was meant to be coming home soon too. :(

In other news though, congratulations are in order I believe! Hope you and baby are happy and healthy :)

That's really awful. Wasn't she home recently enough? That's so sad. She was such a great girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Can I be an absolute "newfag" here and ask why posts in TCN don't count towards total posts? Just out of pure interest.

Oh, and my condolences to anyone and everyone who knew Rozabeez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Because the post count is serious, while TCN isn't. I think

That's pretty much it. Back in the day, when legends like amp and woosaysdan and OLDYELLAR yet walked the earth, people had this crazy idea that the higher one's post count, the worthier their opinion. On paper, it is an idea with merit- A high postcount generally meant a poster had been around a good while, had posted many opinions and was still alive to tell the tale, so they would surely know how Boards.ie as a whole worked, and they might be considered "wise" in the ways of bulletin boards.

In practice it was a terrible concept because too many people just posted any old sh*t in order to have the bigger number of posts in a retarded case of oneupmanship.

Things would have gotten far worse with the addition of The Cuckoo's Nest, as posting any old sh*t was encouraged, or even mandatory. So post count was turned off for this forum.

Of course it doesn't really matter now because with the massive influx of HERP DERP LOLNOOBZ over the last few years, posting any old sh*t has, much like real life, become the norm.

Still, post count will remain off in TCN as a sign of respect for the good old days when people on the internet knew how to use the internet.

And may it remain ever so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

And may it remain ever so.

AMEN

21/25

Get SMAK back in here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

I just looked at the ancient threads on the last page of After Hours. They actually make less sense than this forum

Advertisement