Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Offering English Lessons?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 n0tepad

Hello everyone.

Is there any English teacher in Cork for 3-4 hours per week?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dizart

Can anyone recommend a good private teacher for Business English (particularly for Marketing use) privately one-to-one. Please PM the details. Dublin west area preferably.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jozefina

Looking for an English teacher with Callan method of teaching in Co. Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kierah

Hi all,

I'm a native English speaker with four years' experience. I've taught in Qatar, Hong Kong and Spain, so I'm used to students from all different backgrounds! I'm available to teach during the week, and my regular rate is €15/hour, with discounts for longer sessions. I am based in Dublin city centre, and can teach spoken English, reading, writing and exam preparation. I am also available for Skype classes for €12/hour.

You can contact me at kiera.healy@gmail.com if you're interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EFL

Hello.
    I'm a fully qualified and very experienced native English teacher from Dublin.

I offer private tailor made English classes and

Cambridge FCE/CAE/CPE exam preparation
    Pronunciation classes
    Conversation
    Where? city centre ( Dublin 7 )
    Monday to Saturday :Flexible hours
    Excellent Prices! Only €20/hour

Feel free to send me an email

kingpab@hotmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 alt4grads

Hi,

I am a fully qualified English teacher based in Cork city. I have experience teaching group classes and private classes.

I tailor my classes to the needs of students.

Feel free to PM me for further details or email me at alle@corkenglish.com .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 I AM SOUND

English tutor (B.A., M.Phil.) available in Dublin to provide 1-to-1 tuition for those seeking to improve their English. I hold a TEFL qualification, a first class Degree in English (DCU), and an M.Phil in English Literature (TCD).

All levels and ages provided for. Skype lessons are also available.

Individual lessons €30 and group lessons for €25. For more information or to book a lesson, contact Paul via the email provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ticar79

I am a qualified secondary school teacher of English and History. I also have a TEFL qualification. I have over 6 years experience of teaching at secondary level in Ireland and abroad.

I also have quite a lot of experience of TEFL and TESOL.
    I am based in the Kilkenny area and would travel to a certain extent.

Rates are very competitive and available on request.

If you're interested, private message me please.

Caroline

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Yire

Hello. I explain my situation. We are a Spanish couple. We have come to work in Dublin and while learning English. The problem is that we need more English skills to find work. My boyfriend has basic level and I have pre-intermediate. How much are the classes?. We want to help with the above speaking.Write me a private message and I give you my email if I´m interested. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 a_grok

Hello everyone !
    I am an international student and I am looking for an English tutor from Galway to help me improve my fluency, pronunciation and writing skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

a_grok wrote: »
    Hello everyone !
    I am an international student and I am looking for an English tutor from Galway to help me improve my fluency, pronunciation and writing skills.

You could contact Englishinthehome they have a list of tutors in your area
    info@englishinthehome.eu
    www.englishinthehome.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 1 soramame

Hello everyone, after teaching English in Japan, Tokyo, and UK for over 9 years so I understand the difficulties all students, particularly Japanese, have. I obtained my CELTA in London in 2002. I am confident that I can help you improve your English too.

LESSON TYPES:
    Conversation
    Proofreading
    Essay Writing
    General English
    Business English
    Exam Preparation (FCE, CAE, CPE, TOEIC, IELTS)

LESSON TIMES:
    Daily
    7 am - late evening

LESSON LOCATIONS:
    Dublin

LESSON FEES:
    15/60 min.
    20/90 min.

NOTE:
    Fees include lesson material, transportation and lesson preparation. Discount is possible when purchasing several lessons in advance.

I look forward to meeting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nbcsuper

-Over 3 years’ experience teaching in a language school.
    -CELT / ACELS qualified.
    -Native speaker.

Located in Dublin city centre. Classes can be arranged in your home or mine.
    Group / 1-to-1 lessons catered for.

One student: 20 euro/ hour
    Two students: 15 euro/ hour

Email me for more information :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sch_111

Hi,

I'm a 32 year old professional who is also a qualified TEFL teacher with a degree in English.
    I have experience teaching both adults and children.

My rate is 25€ for 1.5 hours, however rates for friends and/or groups can be agreed.
    I'm located in Dublin City Centre with classes available in your home.

If you’re interested please private message me.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Stacy Hamilton

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wera

hi;)

I am looking for an English tutor from Galway to help me improve my fluency, pronunciation and writing skills ; wera_sop@o2.pl

• Registered Users Posts: 9 desirejadeh

Experienced ESL Teacher for Adults in CORK
    University educated and TEFL Certified Teacher with over two years experience teaching English as a Second Language to Adults currently offering private and group classes in Cork City Centre.

Flexible times
    Help with Speaking, Writing and Grammar.

Lessons are 20 euro for a 2 hour class.
    Discounts available for multiple classes paid for in advance.

Contact via Email at Eslcork@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shadowqueen

Native English speaker and published writer with four years TEFL experience and an honours degree available for private lessons in Dublin. I have taught classes in language schools to children and adults of all ages, taught and been responsible for immersive summer camps for children aged 6-18 and have many years’ experience of teaching one-on-one classes to adults. It is extremely difficult to get a start in Ireland without an excellent grasp of the English language and it can be hard to commit to language schools when you have work and family commitments! I cover everything from conversational English to exam (IELTS and First Certificate) preparation.

€20 per hour, group rates also available.

I also offer an English language proofreading service for letters, CVs, essays etc. Scientific and medical language a specialty. CV’s €10. Essays €10 per 1,000 words (a discount can be agreed for long essays). PM for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jplopez42

Hi,
    I’m writing in response to your post on www.boards.ie offering private English classes in Dublin.
    I’m from Barcelona (Spain) and I’m 39 years old. I’m interested in improving my spoken English as well as writing and grammar. My level could be defined as advanced but not native at all ;)
    I would be interested in having 2hour lesson per week. It might be also useful to me to spend part of the time preparing job interviews (I’m a freelance computer programmer and I thinking about looking for a job in Dublin). I could also be interested in the CV proofreading. I suppose we’ll discuss the content of the lessons and the rest of the stuff more in depth when we meet in person. I would like to know how much it costs per week, and I would prefer starting from the beginning of September onwards (without a specified end date).
    I’m currently living in Cork but I’ll arrive at Dublin the 27th August. I’m going to be living close to Lucan, but I can catch the bus in order to go to the City Centre. Where do the English classes usually take place?
    My timetable is flexible, but I’d prefer to have classes in the evening. For example, on Mondays from 6pm to 8pm (but I’m open to different weekdays).
    Hope to hearing from you soon.
    Regards,
    Juan

Native English speaker and published writer with four years TEFL experience and an honours degree available for private lessons in Dublin. I have taught classes in language schools to children and adults of all ages, taught and been responsible for immersive summer camps for children aged 6-18 and have many years’ experience of teaching one-on-one classes to adults. It is extremely difficult to get a start in Ireland without an excellent grasp of the English language and it can be hard to commit to language schools when you have work and family commitments! I cover everything from conversational English to exam (IELTS and First Certificate) preparation.

€20 per hour, group rates also available.

I also offer an English language proofreading service for letters, CVs, essays etc. Scientific and medical language a specialty. CV’s €10. Essays €10 per 1,000 words (a discount can be agreed for long essays). PM for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shadowqueen

Hi,

Thanks for your response :) I'll PM you later or tomorrow morning.
    jplopez42 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I’m writing in response to your post on www.boards.ie offering private English classes in Dublin.
    I’m from Barcelona (Spain) and I’m 39 years old. I’m interested in improving my spoken English as well as writing and grammar. My level could be defined as advanced but not native at all ;)
    I would be interested in having 2hour lesson per week. It might be also useful to me to spend part of the time preparing job interviews (I’m a freelance computer programmer and I thinking about looking for a job in Dublin). I could also be interested in the CV proofreading. I suppose we’ll discuss the content of the lessons and the rest of the stuff more in depth when we meet in person. I would like to know how much it costs per week, and I would prefer starting from the beginning of September onwards (without a specified end date).
    I’m currently living in Cork but I’ll arrive at Dublin the 27th August. I’m going to be living close to Lucan, but I can catch the bus in order to go to the City Centre. Where do the English classes usually take place?
    My timetable is flexible, but I’d prefer to have classes in the evening. For example, on Mondays from 6pm to 8pm (but I’m open to different weekdays).
    Hope to hearing from you soon.
    Regards,
    Juan

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭PurpleBee

English lessons available from Trinity graduate with honours degree. Qualified with ACELS approved CELT certificate. Have experience teaching English to small groups. 20 Euro per hour. Willing to travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Momo26

Callan Method Rulez!
    gordon and gordon Dublin best rates! best results..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ilaria

Hi,
    I'm looking for a kind of course that can in 6 months upgrade my actual level.
    I'm trying in a English school, but the lessons weren't made for a long term course. I improved my vocabolary, but nothing else.
    I'm living in Dun Laoghaire.
    If you are avaiable, we will organize meeting.
    Contact me in a private mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

Ilaria,

Perhaps the problem is with the school you are studying in? There are many good EFL schools in Dublin, many of which have long term students and are used to teaching courses over 6 or 12 month periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ilaria

CiboC wrote: »
    Ilaria,

Perhaps the problem is with the school you are studying in? There are many good EFL schools in Dublin, many of which have long term students and are used to teaching courses over 6 or 12 month periods.

you are right.. I don't know why, but I thought that this situation is similar in other schools and the solution was private course!
    I will try new schools
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ric.inline

amali wrote: »
    Hello,

I have just moved to Ireland with my boyfriend and want to hold English classes. I have 3 years+ of experience in teaching English in Japan, to both adults and children. I've also spent 1 year teaching elementary school in China, so plenty of experience! Please let me know what goals you have in the language, and we can talk from there! I live in the south of Dublin, so those in the Blackrock/Dun Laoghaire area are welcome to private message me.

Lisa

Hi. Are you teaching english in Blackrock/dun laoghaire still? How much are the classes? Thanks. My number is 0899779099. Ricardo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 galway18

I'm based in Galway City and am available for English tutoring.

Qualifications:
    • CELT/ACELS Qualified
    • Undergraduate degree
    • Over 3 years teaching experience
    • Native (American) English Speaker

Rates:
    • €15/hour for 1-1 or group lessons for €12/pp

Other information:
    • Available for 1-1 or small group lessons
    • Experience with Beginner to Advanced levels
    • Experience teaching children and adults
    • Customized lessons to fit your needs

Feel free to PM me for further details! I look forward to hearing from you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 worldservices

frany wrote: »
    Hi, I'm running a Korean internet club

and someone in Dublin asked me to find a nice private tutor.

He(She) is working in day time,

so the person is not able to go to a language school here.

So the person wants the tutor has time in the evening or weekend.

Is anybody to teach English for the Korean here?

About 20 euros for an hour should be fine.

The person is living near UCD. Thanks for reading.

English Private lessons:
    PHONE: 0876666750 - 016588707
    Improve your English, pronunciation problems, writing, grammars, learn industry-related vocabulary, practice interviewing or have your errors analysed and corrected at lower costs.
    Our prices start from 9-15 € per hour ... More lessons hours entitle you to discounts.
    WORLD SERVICE
    3 FLOOR, 6 WESTMORELAND STREET, DUBLIN 2

Ilaria wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a kind of course that can in 6 months upgrade my actual level.
    I'm trying in a English school, but the lessons weren't made for a long term course. I improved my vocabolary, but nothing else.
    I'm living in Dun Laoghaire.
    If you are avaiable, we will organize meeting.
    Contact me in a private mode.

English Private lessons:
    Improve your English, pronunciation problems, writing, grammars, learn industry-related vocabulary, practice interviewing or have your errors analysed and corrected at lower costs.
    Our prices start from 9-15 € per hour ... More lessons hours entitle you to discounts.
    Very flexible according to your time management. Morning, evening, Saturdays classes
    WORLD SERVICE
    3 FLOOR, 6 WESTMORELAND STREET, DUBLIN 2 IRELAND

CiboC wrote: »
    Ilaria,

MShort English classes:
    Cheap, private, mini group English classes are available to suit your needs at World Services. Need to improve you English pronunciation, improve writing skills and vocabulary at low prices in short time? No need to look further! Our company provide you with what you need at flexible hours. Contact us today to benefit from our great services.
    WORLD SERVICE
    3 FLOOR, 6 WESTMORELAND STREET, DUBLIN 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

Cheap, private, mini group English classes are available to suit your needs at World Services. Need to improve you English pronunciation, improve writing skills and vocabulary at low prices in short time? No need to look further! Our company provide you with what you need at flexible hours. Contact us today to benefit from our great services.

If this is an example of the quality of the tuition on offer I would suggest that you take an English course yourself, perhaps at a reputable and recognised school with qualified teachers?

Advertisement