Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Curling frizzy hair

• 30-11-2019 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Hi

I got a ghd hair curler for soft curls in the Black Friday sales.
    I have very fizzy hair . Should I straighten my hair with the straightener before I curl it or would the curler remove the frizz?

Any advice appreciated
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Straighten first, for sure. In my experience, if your hair is thay way inclined and you don't straighten it first, it intensifies the frizz and the curls don't hold properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I have curly hair, and in order to get the curl I want I have to straighten it and then curl it again. Madness :pac: You’ll get a much neater and sleeker looking curl if you run the straighteners over it first. Maybe use some kind of a serum first too. I love the L’Oréal stylista one, in the purple bottle. I got mine in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Thabk you both do much for your replies. My ghd curler is due for delivery on Monday so I am excited to try it out and hopefully by straightening the hair I will get less frizz .... also will get that serum in Dunnas tomorrow

Thank you

Thabk you both do much for your replies. My ghd curler is due for delivery on Monday so I am excited to try it out and hopefully by straightening the hair I will get less frizz .... also will get that serum in Dunnas tomorrow

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Id be in the same boat, very frizzy hair and would need to straighten before curling.
    My hairdresser suggested I get a shampoo and conditioner for curly hair - only use the conditioner mid way to the ends and then use a leave in moisturising conditioner for curly hair, leave it in for 10 or 15 minutes and rinse then let the hair dry naturally and then put some oil in the ends. She said this would stop my hair from getting frizzy, I didnt really think it would work but tried it anyway and it actually made such a difference, my hair was much less frizzy, needed to be washed less often, didnt need to be straightened before curling and when I did straighten it, it styled much faster.
    Maybe this is just me but I was always buying moisturising shampoos and conditioners thinking my hair was really dry when it wasnt and the heavy products where contributing to the frizz. Products for curly hair are much lighter and often dont contain any silicones.

Just thought id pass that on lol.

• Advertisement

Thank you......Would never have thought of using products for curly hair ....

molly09 wrote: »
    Thank you......Would never have thought of using products for curly hair ....

Same and its so obvious...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I suggest the reddit curly hair section for excellent advice on managing curls and product guides for the CGM.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

My hairdresser suggested I get a shampoo and conditioner for curly hair - only use the conditioner mid way to the ends and then use a leave in moisturising conditioner for curly hair, leave it in for 10 or 15 minutes and rinse then let the hair dry naturally and then put some oil in the ends. She said this would stop my hair from getting frizzy, I didnt really think it would work but tried it anyway and it actually made such a difference, my hair was much less frizzy, needed to be washed less often, didnt need to be straightened before curling and when I did straighten it, it styled much faster.

Can I ask which products you're using? I have curly hair, but it's also very, very fine and quite thin. I find even some of the curly products too heavy - they tend to weigh down the hair and it looks greasy. Thanks!

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Can I ask which products you're using? I have curly hair, but it's also very, very fine and quite thin. I find even some of the curly products too heavy - they tend to weigh down the hair and it looks greasy. Thanks!

Try Nutricurls waves and curls by Wella its very lightweight, think the shampoo and conditioner cost me 9 euro each and they last ages.

• Advertisement
Advertisement