Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Id say stick on for a laugh or to try go stealth.

It's like many you would see with NCT disc of some other car and sometimes even an out of date insurance disc just to blend in more.

Whenever you would see the single holder with just tax it was a give away.

Looked at one with an insurance disc, 'State Claims Agency' is the 'insurer' https://stateclaims.ie/ ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Is the static blue light on the hyundai's standard practise now or a 'fashion statement'?

It used to be a thing back in the early 00's on some of the cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Is the static blue light on the hyundai's standard practise now or a 'fashion statement'?

It used to be a thing back in the early 00's on some of the cars.

According to the programme 'Police Garage' they fitted the static blue option to stop toll / speeding fines being issued to police cars who were not on emergency calls, seemingly even when they were on a call the split second the camera took the shot the strobes might be off.... As for AGS, well we just copy what the UK does even thought NTR/GoSafe would never issue fines to AGS :rolleyes:

Capri wrote: »
    According to the programme 'Police Garage' they fitted the static blue option to stop toll / speeding fines being issued to police cars who were not on emergency calls, seemingly even when they were on a call the split second the camera took the shot the strobes might be off.... As for AGS, well we just copy what the UK does even thought NTR/GoSafe would never issue fines to AGS :rolleyes:

That's the UK. GoSafe do issue fines to AGS and other ES services and have to be written off using the exemption for ES vehicles.

The static blues are supposed to be used at all times on the cars. That's what the cruise button is on the controls. Obviously they took the option away on the Roads Policing units.

Watching Dublin Murders - would make you nostalgic for the old Mondeos!!!

• Advertisement

Was there any need to blank out the reg on an ES vehicle?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Was there any need to blank out the reg on an ES vehicle?

Was there any need to question it?:p:pac:

Hogzy wrote: »
    Was there any need to question it?:p:pac:

Curious and seeing as how this is the discussion thread I thought this would be the forum to ask.

But cheers for your input!

:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Curious and seeing as how this is the discussion thread I thought this would be the forum to ask.

But cheers for your input!

:mad::mad:

Oh my god im so sorry, I didnt mean to upset you so much!

To answer your question, some people just blur the reg out of courtesy I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Borgo

Whats the story here? Unmarked jeep with a Garda sticker? haha

• Advertisement

Borgo wrote: »

What’s funny about it?

What’s funny about it?

Just strange to see the Garda badge on back window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Heard about that Cupra Alteca a couple of weeks back from somebody. Is that a tertra aerial on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Heard about that Cupra Alteca a couple of weeks back from somebody. Is that a tertra aerial on it ?

No, looks like regular aerial according to pics on their website.

https://configurator.cupraofficial.ie/seat-cc/layout1d-layout1d-009_CUPRA-en-normal.view/carline/fY0FMTC1LSDc2R1MvMC0yMDIwAGRBUi1ONkctUTJKLEYxNCBLNEs0LEY1NiAgICAgQVI?msk=1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

That Ateca is not owned by AGS or even a member of AGS... ;)

The car is parked in my workplace most days and owned by a lad working here. Looking at it recently there appears to be a beacon in the back window and the front which the post on FB suggests it flashes blue. This is trouble waiting to happen, AGS take impersonation very seriously and it’s an offence which carries a jail sentence.

Walter Mitty anyone ??

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

What a donkey. At the very least you're leaving yourself open to having the car vandalised by some clown in a public car park. Why you'd stage the car like this, God only knows but it's possibly not impersonation as he's not claiming to be a garda nor does his car replicate any known garda vehicles, the blues if he were to use them would be problematic though.

Yeah pretty strange alright I just seen the pic on Facebook. Apparently there is a video of it doing the rounds with the blues on aswell but cant find it. Reminds me of yer man in England a few years ago arrested for driving around pretending to be an Ambulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Borgo wrote: »

I seen that car in coolock roughly three weeks ago the lad driving was a heavy set lad and was most definitely no a member. There are LED bars on the boot board in the back and in the grill in the front of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I seen that car in coolock roughly three weeks ago the lad driving was a heavy set lad and was most definitely no a member. There are LED bars on the boot board in the back and in the grill in the front of it.

I would say he could well be looking for the wrong attention and seems to have got some.

Wonder will he be pulled up on it.

Not difficult with his reg number.

• Advertisement

I would say he could well be looking for the wrong attention and seems to have got some.

Wonder will he be pulled up on it.

Not difficult with his reg number.

It’s gotten a lot of attention so I’d say he’ll get pulled on it eventually. Pity about owning something different like that, had it been a bog std. Ateca I doubt many would have taken much notice of it.

It’s gotten a lot of attention so I’d say he’ll get pulled on it eventually. Pity about owning something different like that, had it been a bog std. Ateca I doubt many would have taken much notice of it.

Yeah its gas that he has the badge on the back window he'd definitely be done for that either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭roadmaster

I presume with the HSE rangers they are for rural and upland areas of the country where a car would struggle or am I presuming wrongly

At first glance I thought it was one of the cars from the anti burglary units. I walked by fairly close there was no comms units in it no displays that are regularly found in patrol cars. To an untrained eye someone could be con’d into thinking it was a unmarked. I’m actually raging I erased the photos I have of it, should be backed up somewhere

At first glance I thought it was one of the cars from the anti burglary units. I walked by fairly close there was no comms units in it no displays that are regularly found in patrol cars. To an untrained eye someone could be con’d into thinking it was a unmarked. I’m actually raging I erased the photos I have of it, should be backed up somewhere

I hope something is done about it....

Is this the Ateca your talking about? Didn’t see it at work last week so presumed it may have been confiscated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

2007 umarked Mondeo seen on the Naas road about an hour ago. Must be one of the last 'active' Mondeos left.

carzony wrote: »
    2007 umarked Mondeo seen on the Naas road about an hour ago. Must be one of the last 'active' Mondeos left.

Still a few pottering around Dublin city....

Silver and red seen the other day...

Is this the Ateca your talking about? Didn’t see it at work last week so presumed it may have been confiscated.

Yeah the Seat Ateca Cupra. I am told he gathered a lot of unwanted attention by the criminal faction too but then again it’s Chinese whispers in the job. Hopefully it’s off the road he’s not doing himself any favours. Personally speaking the lad knows what he was at.

• Advertisement

Still a few pottering around Dublin city....

Silver and red seen the other day...

I’ll try get a photo one of the days this week, 300k plus on them and still running still lads want the keys before the i40

Advertisement