Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 PDC World Darts Championship (inc. schedule of play in OP)

Options
1515253545557»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

NDWC wrote: »
    Interesting quotes from Smith after the final

I think Smith needs to do his talking on the stage.

Well that's that,mvg is gonna eat him from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Interesting quotes from Smith after the final

I think Smith needs to do his talking on the stage.

Well thats embarrassing.

Hope it was right after the final while the adrenaline was still pumping. Least that would be half an excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Maybe shouldn't have said that in an interview but he has to think like that, otherwise he will never catch mvg. I've no doubt smith is probably a better player on the practice board but that means nothing till he starts doing it on stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Trebles for show, mental toughness and doubles for dough. It’s not just about bashing out 180’s Michael!!! Ffs

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,536 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Maybe shouldn't have said that in an interview but he has to think like that, otherwise he will never catch mvg. I've no doubt smith is probably a better player on the practice board but that means nothing till he starts doing it on stage

Absolutely, I do admire his attitude but on this occasion his timing was a bit off. More players need to think like that.

Also, I'm a bit surprised Sky haven't picked up those quotes, I'd have thought they'd be all over that type of talk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

MvG has not aged well, hard to believe he's 29
    The scary thing for me is that he's only 29. Many dart players don't peak until they're well into their 30s or even 40s. It's possible that we haven't seen the best of him yet.

This guy could dominate for the next 20 years if everything stays right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

with mvg throw stance hes not gona last into his 40s

days of darts guys peak in their 40s is long gone and the reasons they didnt peak until then have all changed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

MvG has always said that he would retire around 40. Probably change his mind if he’s still knocking everyone out of the park at that stage though.

sc86 wrote: »

days of darts guys peak in their 40s is long gone and the reasons they didnt peak until then have all changed

We still have had recent examples though, the likes of Wright and Suljovic, Glen Durrant. Gary Anderson didn't start playing his best darts until he was into his 40s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

What do you mean about the stance? Bad for the back?

• Advertisement

We still have had recent examples though, the likes of Wright and Suljovic, Glen Durrant. Gary Anderson didn't start playing his best darts until he was into his 40s.

yes but for example gary anderson didnt pick up a dart till he was 24 - he was 32 playing in his first worlds - peaked mid 40s
    all these guys now are starting much earlier and will peak much earlier
    micheal smith played in his first worlds at 22 - mvg 16 or 17 playing in first worlds

the younger lads are in most part fit enough and go to the gym , and the drinking culture has gone with them , its a diff ball game now

What do you mean about the stance? Bad for the back?

ye his back , so the experts say

ye his back , so the experts say

Hes complaining about his back already, I'd say hell have problems with his elbow too, seems to bang on release. Its not a smooth throw atall.

Hes complaining about his back already, I'd say hell have problems with his elbow too, seems to bang on release. Its not a smooth throw atall.

He was actually saying recently that he wants a prolonged break from all the travel. There was a rumour going around before the start of the Worlds that he was going to refuse to play the Premier League this year.

I think he should scale back the pro tour events this yr, give his body the rest it needs.

He was actually saying recently that he wants a prolonged break from all the travel. There was a rumour going around before the start of the Worlds that he was going to refuse to play the Premier League this year.

I think he should scale back the pro tour events this yr, give his body the rest it needs.

He said he'd play the same amount of events he has the last 2 years. Its strange complaining about the traveling because when hes not playing he travels to loads of exotic locations for holidays and hoes all over UK doing exibitions. Think hes in Indonesia now.

hes to hungry to not enter events lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

he also said playing events is his practice time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Yep surprised he hasn’t had more back issues.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Tony O'Shea not a patch on what he was:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

hawkwing wrote: »
    Tony O'Shea not a patch on what he was:(

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=109044161&posted=1#post109044161

^^ this thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Winstanley is playing well here in fairness, just took out 124

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Winstanley is playing well here in fairness, just took out 124

Good for him, he’s been terrible for a few years now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

munster87 wrote: »
    Good for him, he’s been terrible for a few years now. :)

dammit :pac:

Advertisement