Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Tiernan

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Poor Tommy, he started out funny years ago and then he lost his originality. He followed the well worn unoriginal modern trend of overly gross/vulgar humour. Don't get me wrong I'm not a priest - he just tries to hard. Talented comedians don't need to, like Dylan Moran and Dara O'Brian etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Tommy's a legend, I've always loved him. I will agree though that his latest DVD's are nowhere near the standard his first one's were.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Tommy tiernan is a hilarious comedian and a nice guy! As proved by the poll....legend.

Submitted as proof: the fire alarm skit:

I was in a pub in England and the fire alarm went off and I couldn't believe what happened... everybody left!!!!

You could be in a pub in Dublin...a pub made of christmas trees and petrol...wedged in between a fireworks factory and a juvenile delinquents home...on halloween...and if the fire alarm went off, sure, you'd look for the fire. If you didn't see it, it didn't exist! If it kept going, you'd start to make jokes about it! "ha ha is that my phone?!"

Abs love that DVD! Seen the show live back in the college day and he was excellent. Seen a few live shows after that and he was just as good.

His comedy is an acquired taste and I Love it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭claiva

Used to love Tommy, but found him to be incredibly arrogant at his last two gigs.
    Maybe he's back on the columbian marching powder or something but I won't be going to his next show.
    All this crap he goes on with about not allowing people film him with their phones b0ll0x is just cringeworthy really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Lefournier

HIs Christmas show with Hector may achieve legendary status - greatest waste of festive spirit. :cool:

There's a thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63767226#post63767226

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

One of Irelands least funny ''comedians' down there with P.J. gallagher and David Mcsavage

Advertisement