Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Last season's snow reports

Options
  • 17-07-2008 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have a good site for checking old snow reports? I'm thinking of going pre-Christmas this year, I've never gone that early. I know it's a bit of a risk, but the deal is almost too good to be true (that's probably the trade-off for the risk of no snow). I'm looking at Arinsal.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭paulharte

the ski club of great britain used to do an amazing historical snow report, weather map, rep snow report thing, but now you have to pay for most of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

robinph wrote: »

Thanks for that. It seems pretty steady looking back (except the 2006/2007, which was a disaster in most places even in January).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

Thanks for that. It seems pretty steady looking back (except the 2006/2007, which was a disaster in most places even in January).

Not everywhere was bad, Whistler had record snow in Novermber and close to record in December of 06.

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/stats/index.htm

Grimlock wrote: »
    Not everywhere was bad, Whistler had record snow in Novermber and close to record in December of 06.

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/stats/index.htm

Is that comparible though? I thought Canada pretty much dwarfed Europe most of the time anyway.

• Advertisement

What do you mean is it comparible?
    Of course it's comparible, they have mountains with white powdery stuff that you slide down said mountain on.

Why is Canada out of question?

Well I was talking in terms of Europe. Unfortunately Canada would definitely be out of the question, although I'd really love to spend a season there sometime in the future.

Just read my last post, it was very snotty, sorry, my bad.

If at all possible try to ride in Canada, after my experince in eurpoe this year, 2 weeks and it snowed on the last day, spent half of january riding in t-shirts.
    I'm gonna move heaven and earth to get back there this winter, even if I end up going alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭SnowMonkey

on the 28th of november in sere che it snowed a meter and a half and last season it was snow every week except the month of febuary which suited me as the french where on hoilday... Ive never seen as much snow as i did last winter season one of the best seasons in years was rideing freashy's every day nearly :D

this winter season looks promising because where having a lot of rain last summer it rained relentlously this summer its doing the same so im going to guess that it might be a good in...

start of the season is allways cool its chilled out relaxed etc not many on the slopes just seasonare's rideing and locals.

Its worth it if you wanna have a chill out ski/board/telemark week away with out screaming kids :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

paulharte wrote: »
    the ski club of great britain used to do an amazing historical snow report, weather map, rep snow report thing, but now you have to pay for most of it...

http://www.igluski.com/viewSnowHistory.cfm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 tcullen

Hi,

I find the below site good. You can check out all the ski resorts snow history and currant ski conditions.

http://www.igluski.com/resortResults.cfm:D

Advertisement