Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Etsy

• 20-02-2016 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering what the quality of items (clothing, jewellery, bags etc) on etsy are like?

I've just been given a voucher for that site but having never used it before I don't know what to buy or avoid.

Any tips, suggestions are appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Etsy is a collection of individual sellers and small businesses. It's impossible to say what the quality is like in general. I've bought one item of clothing and 3 bags that have all been excellent. I read the reviews first though, so I'd suggest doing that before you buy. I generally use it for greeting cards these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

I like Etsy. I bought a scarf as a Christmas gift for someone and the quality was head and shoulders above anything you'd find in shops here. Made by an old bearded guy in Ohio who just spends his days making handmade scarves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Thanks to both of you. I've never used Etsy before so hadn't a clue it was individual sellers. I don't know much about it.

Had a look at a few items and shipping seems expensive so I don't know what to get. Maybe a scarf or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

You can narrow down your search in the bar to the side to only look at Irish sellers, which will cut down your postage costs.

Personally I've never received something from Etsy that was anything less that exactly what I wanted. I've bought loads of gifts for friends and things for myself too. It's really just an online market, like the type you'd see on Saturdays in towns all over the country. Most people on their are artists and craftspeople just doing something they love and trying to make a living from it. I'd much rather buy from Etsy than from Amazon or Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

I have a shop on Etsy, and also buy from shops there too. Just check out the shop policies etc before you buy. If you want to see what the Irish Etsy sellers have to offer just do a search for 'Etsy Ireland Team' if you fancy buying local:-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement