Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

excellent m'lady...thats a great thing to hear. makes it realise that the hard work is paying off. my first time out last night since stating and people were saying how well i looked so def has me driven on to keep going (bar my rocky road mishap today) but just had a fruit salad and a ww yoghurt there and am stuff so dinner is only 1 point tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Really delighted with how good I've been today.
    Had the folks over instead of going out for dinner, so i cld control my points.
    Deliberately made a starter I didn't like, and had some melon for myself. Made shoelovers filo pastry pies, boy that pastry is fiddly! It was nice but I just felt it lacked a sauce or something. But everyone was very complimentary. So big thanks shoelover :)!
    Only had a tiny piece of pavalova for desert and made WW banana bread for the tea!
    No one knew they were eating WW food.

Have miserable period pain today. Was jut dying to curl up on the sofa all day, kept on having horrible hot flushes and everything.
    I'll try peel myself off the couch and look up the sauces and stuff Lady was asking about later from the book.

Hope all the Mammys had a lovely day today x

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Actually if any of the folks who have the books, if they ever had the time, throw up a list of spreads/dressings pp list (if that stuff is in the books)

THANKS!!!

Here are a few:

chocolate nut spread (1 teaspoon) 2pp
    spread, low fat (2 teaspoon) 1pp
    spread, soya (1 teaspoon) 1pp
    butter (1 teaspoon) 1pp
    Flora Pro Active Light spread (1 teaspoon) 0pp
    horseradish sauce (1 tablespoon) 1pp
    tartare sauceh (1 tablespoon) 1pp
    Worcestershire sauce ( 1tablespoon) 1pp
    Apple sauce (1 tablespoon) 0pp
    Cranberry saurce (1 tablespoon) 1pp
    Mayonnaise (1 tablespoon) 3pp
    Mayonnaise, Low Fat (1 tablespoon) 1pp
    Salad Cream (1 tablespoon) 1pp
    Salad Cream, Light (1 tabelspoon) 1pp
    Mustard (1 tablespoon) 1pp
    Salad Dressing, Caesar (1 tablespoon) 2pp
    Salad Dressing, Caesar Low Fat (2 tablespoons) 1pp
    Salad Dressing, Fat or Oil Free (2 tablespoons) 1pp
    Salad Dressing, French (1 tablespoon) 2pp
    Salad Dressing, Italian (1 tablespoon) 1pp
    Salad Dressing, Low Fat (1 tablespoon) 1pp
    Salad Dressing, Thousand Island (1 tablespoon) 3pp
    Salad Dressing, Thousand Island Reduced Calorie (1 tablespoon) 1pp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hey guys. Went out to Dundrum with my mum today. We went to Brambles.

Was wondering does anyone have an idea what the PP would be in a cajun chicken panini with light mayo? I was thinking about 8PP for the bread and 4PP for chicken and light mayo?

And we were also a bit bold and got an icecream cone, no flake, can anyone hazard a guess at that too? I thought it would be the PP of 2 scoops of vanilla icecream plus maybe 1PP for the cone, so 7PP?

Hope everyone stayed pretty much on track, and if you didn't, it doesn't matter as long as you are back on the wagon tomorrow. M'lady was right, you have to live and treat yourself, I know I would have given up a long time ago if I didn't give myself regular treats and the odd bold treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

:( Ate my own weight in food today, took my parents for dinner and ate every last bite, started off well, ordered the chicken salad, dressing on the side but then had a huge beef dinner and chocolate dessert, honestly think it was about 100pp. Dinner was at 1.30 today, still so full, I'm just not use to eating that quantity of food anymore.

After getting to goal last week, i'll definitely be up at this weeks wi.

Can't wait for tmw to begin to eat properly again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

agrif06 wrote: »
    Here are a few:

chocolate nut spread (1 teaspoon) 2pp
    spread, low fat (2 teaspoon) 1pp
    spread, soya (1 teaspoon) 1pp
    butter (1 teaspoon) 1pp
    Flora Pro Active Light spread (1 teaspoon) 0pp
    horseradish sauce (1 tablespoon) 1pp
    tartare sauceh (1 tablespoon) 1pp
    Worcestershire sauce ( 1tablespoon) 1pp
    Apple sauce (1 tablespoon) 0pp
    Cranberry saurce (1 tablespoon) 1pp
    Mayonnaise (1 tablespoon) 3pp
    Mayonnaise, Low Fat (1 tablespoon) 1pp
    Salad Cream (1 tablespoon) 1pp
    Salad Cream, Light (1 tabelspoon) 1pp
    Mustard (1 tablespoon) 1pp
    Salad Dressing, Caesar (1 tablespoon) 2pp
    Salad Dressing, Caesar Low Fat (2 tablespoons) 1pp
    Salad Dressing, Fat or Oil Free (2 tablespoons) 1pp
    Salad Dressing, French (1 tablespoon) 2pp
    Salad Dressing, Italian (1 tablespoon) 1pp
    Salad Dressing, Low Fat (1 tablespoon) 1pp
    Salad Dressing, Thousand Island (1 tablespoon) 3pp
    Salad Dressing, Thousand Island Reduced Calorie (1 tablespoon) 1pp

Thank you so much! Your great to have done that! Its a great little list to have....copied and pasted to my folder of lists :D

when i get ink I'm going to print my self a book of lists, a quick go to guide i can use as a reference

I LOVE apple sauce...(its lovely on toast) but i'm not eating toast these days :P

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

i put the mayo on in stead of butter to like line the bread...that would be a bit too much mustard for my taste. they only butter they have is like big massive tub of full fat kerrygold....

weather ment to be ****e tomorrow so just trying to make the best choice out of what i've got to choose from.

Will have bottle of water instead of coffee or diet coke with the roll to keep it as healthy as possible

Actually if any of the folks who have the books, if they ever had the time, throw up a list of spreads/dressings pp list (if that stuff is in the books)

THANKS!!!

Hey Lainy,

Im actually in the middle of doing up the basic lists from the book as a rough guide! Was thinking about starting a blog or something wit them but dunno if id have the dedication for it...anyway will try post wot iv done so far tomorrow!

Hey Lainy,

Im actually in the middle of doing up the basic lists from the book as a rough guide! Was thinking about starting a blog or something wit them but dunno if id have the dedication for it...anyway will try post wot iv done so far tomorrow!

Brilliant. Trying to think of what other lists would be useful to have....things that are always used or we come across but never know the points for....

Next weekend wanna try and throw a bread one together,
    like bread rolles, brown, white, french stick, crusty rolls,
    wraps, burger buns, hot dog rolls, sliced bread, brown, white, granary,
    Baps, paninis, ciabatttas

I'll also try and put one together for alcohol, based on whats in the ww online database

AND BISCUITS! lol now i'm thinking of loads of lists LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Planning on doing up a list of various places I eat out regularly for myself anyway. I'll post it up here when I get around to it.

kateos2 wrote: »
    Planning on doing up a list of various places I eat out regularly for myself anyway. I'll post it up here when I get around to it.

Brilliant! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Happy Mothers day to all the mammy's and I hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoyed being bold or good whichever the case may be?! :D

Shoelover I made the mushroom Pasta dish you posted on Friday for dinner last night......Yummy!! absolutely delish so thanks a mil for putting it up.

I had a weekend in and It was bliss! Even though I STS on Friday I decided to treat myself yesterday I went into boots and bought lots of nice bits for myself some nice nail polishes, a couple of eyeshadow's, new Gel eyeliner and some nice new shower gel and stuff. Also got in the grocery shopping so when I came home I treated myself to a mani, pedi and facemask and then made the mushroom pasta dish and had a bottle of red with the OH as well as some Count on us choc mousse and a few nibbles.

I went on a cooking extravaganza today, Made soup for the week, a shepards pie (well the meat mix which I portion individually and freeze then add the spuds fresh when I take out of the freezer) I also made Meatballs and a lovely Tomato and basil pasta sauce which I let cook for 3 hours to make it really rich and thick and syrupy yummy! So I had one portion for dinner after my 5k walk and then 3 portions for the freezer.

If that wasn't enough I also made pesto chicken for my lunch tomorrow and a big salad. Last but not least I did a roast beef dinner for the other half and our parents to treat the mammy's for mothers day but I didn't want to have all that so I had my meatballs and pasta :) no more pasta for a while now after 2 days in a row :D loved every bit of it though!!

I've had a mini choc binge tonight 5 squares of white chocolate with strawberry bits in it, a curly wurly and a COU choc mousse!! It's gonna be TOTM this week and I'm in bits with cramps and yeah I know chocolate doesn't help with the craps but it did taste good, satisfied my craving and I wanted to dip into at least half my weeklies this week and it's a good way to do it. I find for me my week starts Friday Morning to Thurs Night with WI first thing Friday and I find it better to have my weeklies only at the weekend and just eat normally Mon - thurs, unless i've got an event or night out or something mid week.

Good luck with all the WI's this week Downwards we go (hopefully!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Brilliant. Trying to think of what other lists would be useful to have....things that are always used or we come across but never know the points for....

Next weekend wanna try and throw a bread one together,
    like bread rolles, brown, white, french stick, crusty rolls,
    wraps, burger buns, hot dog rolls, sliced bread, brown, white, granary,
    Baps, paninis, ciabatttas

I'll also try and put one together for alcohol, based on whats in the ww online database

AND BISCUITS! lol now i'm thinking of loads of lists LOL

Have bread list done on computer in work so will post by lunchtime tomorrow!

Fantastic! This is better than any meeting! We're our own and each others leaders!

Cheese, Milk & cream is another one on my to do list

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Happy Mothers day to all the mammy's and I hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoyed being bold or good whichever the case may be?! :D

Shoelover I made the mushroom Pasta dish you posted on Friday for dinner last night......Yummy!! absolutely delish so thanks a mil for putting it up.

I had a weekend in and It was bliss! Even though I STS on Friday I decided to treat myself yesterday I went into boots and bought lots of nice bits for myself some nice nail polishes, a couple of eyeshadow's, new Gel eyeliner and some nice new shower gel and stuff. Also got in the grocery shopping so when I came home I treated myself to a mani, pedi and facemask and then made the mushroom pasta dish and had a bottle of red with the OH as well as some Count on us choc mousse and a few nibbles.

I went on a cooking extravaganza today, Made soup for the week, a shepards pie (well the meat mix which I portion individually and freeze then add the spuds fresh when I take out of the freezer) I also made Meatballs and a lovely Tomato and basil pasta sauce which I let cook for 3 hours to make it really rich and thick and syrupy yummy! So I had one portion for dinner after my 5k walk and then 3 portions for the freezer.

If that wasn't enough I also made pesto chicken for my lunch tomorrow and a big salad. Last but not least I did a roast beef dinner for the other half and our parents to treat the mammy's for mothers day but I didn't want to have all that so I had my meatballs and pasta :) no more pasta for a while now after 2 days in a row :D loved every bit of it though!!

I've had a mini choc binge tonight 5 squares of white chocolate with strawberry bits in it, a curly wurly and a COU choc mousse!! It's gonna be TOTM this week and I'm in bits with cramps and yeah I know chocolate doesn't help with the craps but it did taste good, satisfied my craving and I wanted to dip into at least half my weeklies this week and it's a good way to do it. I find for me my week starts Friday Morning to Thurs Night with WI first thing Friday and I find it better to have my weeklies only at the weekend and just eat normally Mon - thurs, unless i've got an event or night out or something mid week.

Good luck with all the WI's this week Downwards we go (hopefully!!)

wow now that is organisation! seriously impressive! are you available as a ww personal chef!

white choc and strawberries sounds YUM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Here's an ice-cream list I did recently. It's will be useful now as we come into summer!! Some of them have the both the old points and pro points beside them so just ignore then old points. Also have a list of chocolate bars that I posted recently but if ye want I can post it again!

Orange Split - 2pp/1.5points
    Choc Ice - 5pp/5 points
    Feast - 8pp/8 points
    Iceberger – 5pp/4 points
    Twister – 2pp/1 point
    Loop the Lopp - 2pp
    Orange Calippo – 3pp
    Cornetto Mint – 5pp
    Cornetto Classic – 6pp
    Magnum White – 7pp
    Magnum Classic – 7pp
    Vienetta Classic – 4pp per 49g
    HB Vanilla – 2pp per 100ml
    HB Raspberry Ripple – 2pp per 100ml
    HB Mint – 3pp per 100ml
    Galaxy Caramel Ice Cream – 8pp

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Here's an ice-cream list I did recently. It's will be useful now as we come into summer!! Some of them have the both the old points and pro points beside them so just ignore then old points. Also have a list of chocolate bars that I posted recently but if ye want I can post it again!

Orange Split - 2pp/1.5points
    Choc Ice - 5pp/5 points
    Feast - 8pp/8 points
    Iceberger – 5pp/4 points
    Twister – 2pp/1 point
    Orange Calippo – 3pp
    Cornetto Mint – 5pp
    Cornetto Classic – 6pp
    Magnum White – 7pp
    Magnum Classic – 7pp
    Vienetta Classic – 4pp per 49g
    HB Vanilla – 2pp per 100ml
    HB Raspberry Ripple – 2pp per 100ml
    HB Mint – 3pp per 100ml
    Galaxy Caramel Ice Cream – 8pp

you are a mind reader!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I'm addicted to Loop the loops. They're 2pp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Chinafoot wrote: »
    I'm addicted to Loop the loops. They're 2pp.

Was never a loop the loop fan!! I added in to the list for those copying and pasting.

you are a mind reader!

Haha great minds :D I pointed them a few weeks ago when the really sunny days made me think it was summer! Twisters have become my new treat as they're only 1 vintage point!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Biscuit, Digestive – 2pp
    Biscuit, Digestive, Chocolate, Milk or Plain – 2pp
    Biscuit, Digestive, Low Fat – 2pp
    Biscuit, Garibaldi – 1pp
    Biscuit, Gingernut – 1pp
    Biscuit, Malted Milk – 1pp
    Biscuit, Rich Tea – 1p
    Biscuit, Rich Tea, Low Fat – 1 pp
    Water Biscuit – 1pp
    Jaffa Cake – 1pp
    Custard Cream – 2pp
    Tesco Light Choices Wheat Biscuits – 3pp
    Jacob’s Biscuits Coconut Creams – 1pp
    McVite’s Gold Biscuit Bar – 3pp
    Cadbury Crunchie Biscuits – 2pp
    Cadbury Caramel Biscuits – 2pp
    Jacob’s Lincoln – 1pp
    Jacob’s Marietta – 1pp
    Jacob’s Polo – 1pp
    Jacob’s Lemon Puff – 2pp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

agrif06 wrote: »
    Biscuit, Digestive – 2pp
    Biscuit, Digestive, Chocolate, Milk or Plain – 2pp
    Biscuit, Digestive, Low Fat – 2pp

Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Wooooooo I've lost 7lbs this wk getting my 10% and that's 29lbs since Jan 3rd absolutely delighted this morning
    Fantastic!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I've got eddie rockets, burger king and subway done so far. Going to do up Mcdonald, pizza hut and one or two other during the week. I'll just post these for now :)

Eddie Rockets

Classic 19 propoints
    Cheese Please (Cheddar) 23 propoints
    Smokestack 35 propoints
    M50 25 propoints
    Chicken Burger 14 propoints
    Cheesy Chicken (Cheddar) 19 propoints
    Buffalo Wings with sauce per 4 wings 7 propoints
    Fries 14 propoints
    Garlic Mushrooms 14 propoints

Burger King

Regular Fries 8 propoints
    Large Fries 10 propoints
    Hamburger 7 propoints
    Whopper 18 propoints
    Whopper with Cheese 20 propoints
    Double Cheeseburger 13 propoints
    Bacon Double Cheeseburger 13 propoints
    Chicken Royale 16 propoints
    Regular Onion Rings 9 propoints
    Chilli Cheese Bites 9 propoints

Subway (6” subs)

Subway Melt 9 propoints
    Veggie Patty 10 propoints
    Meatball Marinara 14 propoints
    Chicken Temptation 12 propoints
    Chicken Breast 8 propoints
    Subway Club 8 propoints
    Turkey Breast 7 propoints
    Turkey Breast and Ham 7 propoints
    Veggie Delite 5 propoints
    Tuna 11 propoints
    Sweet Onion Sauce 1 propoint
    Honey Mustard Sauce 1 propoint
    BBQ 1 propoint
    Light Mayo 2 propoints
    Southwest Sauce 3 propoints

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies- 2 ProPoints

BananaRecipes-003_thumb1.jpg?imgmax=800
    Ingredients:
    • 1 cup white flour
    • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
    • 2 tsp. baking powder
    • 1/2 tsp. salt
    • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
    • 1 cup Splenda
    • 1/2 cup melted butter
    • 2 eggs
    • a tsp. vanilla
    • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
    • 1 cup chocolate chips
    Directions:
    1. Mix together the flours, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
    2. In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the Splenda, butter, eggs and vanilla. Add in the mashed bananas
    3. Combine the flour mixture with the wet mixture until mixed well. Add in the chocolate chips.
    4. Scoop into 36 cookies on a cookie sheet
    5. Baked at 400* for about 12 minutes, depending on your oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey all, decided to start back on weightwatchers, doing it at home tho with my mum since she is going to meetings, ive a fair few points for each day since ive all to loose
    will pop in and out during the week and let you know how im gettin on:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Morning All! Hope everyone had a nice weekend! Was relatively good this weekend! Got up on Saturday morning at 8am & went for a 6k run. Then came home, had a nice healthy porridge for brekkie, made Spicy Lentil Soup for the lunch. Went out for dinner with the parents, but only went 10pp over my weeklies! Then yesterday, we had to go to dinner in my brother in laws, so had very little to eat before going, but dinner was actually only 8pp and then I brought an apple tart (6pp per slice) so stayed with in my dailies!

Bit worried about today though! It is someone's birthday at work and we'll be having cake later. Hoping to just have a teeny tiny slice and only eat half of it because I also have my cooking class tonight so I need to keep my points for that! Won't be having dinner though before it, probably just half some soup or rice cakes. There's also a load of sweets in the office :eek: I'm just avoiding them and drinking my water like there's no tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bobbles87

Hi All,

I see almost everyone here is getting great results with the PP system. I have been on it for the past 6 weeks and between small losses and sts, I have lost a total of 2lbs in 6 weeks :/. I know a loss is a loss, but I had been sticking to it and not even using all my weeklies every week, was drinking over 2 litres of water AND walking/jogging 5miles per day.....and havent been getting the results.

Maybe it is because I dont have much to loose - is the reason my leader has given me - I lost 28lbs on points 2 years ago so now i think I will revert to the old system...I have about 8lbs more to go.

Has anyone abandonned the PP system and returned to points? I have started back on it again this morn, funny how all the points have gone out of my head, its like starting from scratch again !!!!!I really want to be at goal by May Bank hol at the least...although that maybe a bit too ambitious given the results I was getting over the last few weeks!

Lady Lainy, ur receipes are delish - I will be converting these ideas to work in the points system now, well done all and keep up the good work!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bobbles87

Thinking of taking up Zumba Classes once a week starting in April - how do people find it, never do classes but think i should shake it up a little on the exercise front - do any of u guys find it effective?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

bobbles87 wrote: »
    Thinking of taking up Zumba Classes once a week starting in April - how do people find it, never do classes but think i should shake it up a little on the exercise front - do any of u guys find it effective?

A friend of mine is doing Zumba classes along with WW and she absolutely loves it. She's lost 18 lbs since the middle of January and really noticed her losses improving after she started the classes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hiya, does anyone please know the PP in a panini or one of those large deli rolls (crunchy ones)? I had a panini yesterday and considering having one today in work because I AM STARVING today and don't like the crappy lunch I brought with me. Thanks in advance :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement