Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2015-16 Champions Cup thread

• 11-11-2015 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I haven't seen a general thread so here goes.

000abcce-642.jpg

Who will win the Champions Cup 38 votes

Saracens (I also wish to be banned)
    0%
    Ulster
    2%
    RichieRich89 1 vote
    Toulouse
    0%
    Oyonnax
    2%
    duckysauce 1 vote
    Clermont Auvergne
    0%
    Ospreys
    23%
    DigifriendlyMiley ByrnetbmHyperbulleterrlloydbennyl10LuckyGent88wemmetformer total 9 votes
    Exeter Chiefs
    0%
    Bordeaux Begles
    0%
    Glasgow Warriors
    2%
    [Deleted User] 1 vote
    Northampton Saints
    2%
    Pudsy33 1 vote
    Racing 92
    0%
    Scarlets
    2%
    vienne86 1 vote
    Stade Francais
    0%
    Munster
    2%
    sydthebeat 1 vote
    Leicester
    5%
    Taco ChipsDel.Monte 2 votes
    Benetton Treviso
    0%
    Bath
    2%
    b.gud 1 vote
    Toulon
    5%
    Ciaran-IrlSnegg 2 votes
    Leinster
    34%
    heebusjeebusCoDy1scott1974NU8geotrigPTH2009RGSCookiemunsterfunrunner95Vinnie222RugbyLover123joe_99WarZ 13 votes
    Wasps
    13%
    [Deleted User]matthew8CatFromHueLostArtJourneyman_1 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Ospreys
    Surely that is last years Challenge Cup draw?

Thomond spent so long in France he just doesn't take it seriously anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

errlloyd wrote: »

Thomond out!

• Wasps
    Pools 1, 3 and especially 5 could throw up interesting qualifiers. Munster should sail through their group. Lot of great fixtures!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Thomond spent so long in France he just doesn't take it seriously anymore.
    Thomond out!
    Thank you. Thank you very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Ospreys
    There really are no easy draws there. Clermont are the only team who can be assured of winning their pool. Toulon will be confident enough but away form has been patchy in recent years.

Munster have a relatively handy draw with Treviso and Stade being a bit shaky at the moment, would expect them to top their pool but not guaranteed.

Leinster are third favourites to top their pool. Third. How did it come to this?

• Advertisement

• Wasps
    Third. How did it come to this?

775304.jpg

Glasgow Warriors
    Cmon you Bordeaux Beagles!!

Beagle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

Leinster
    Does anyone know when the 5th round fixtures are likely to be finalised? I'm looking to plan a trip to thomond for the stade Francais game

• Wasps
    Does anyone know when the 5th round fixtures are likely to be finalised? I'm looking to plan a trip to thomond for the stade Francais game

Should be before Christmas, either way you'll have no difficulty getting tickets.

Ospreys
    I'll be hoping Glasgow and scarlets perform for a generally strong pro12 showing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Ospreys
    Leicester team to play SF tomorrow:

15. Matthew Tait (c); 14. Adam Thompstone, 13. Peter Betham, 12. Matt Smith, 11. Vereniki Goneva; 10. Owen Williams, 9. Ben Youngs; 1. Marcos Ayerza, 2. Tom Youngs, 3. Dan Cole, 4. Mike Williams, 5. Michael Fitzgerald, 6. Tom Croft, 7. Brendon O'Connor, 8. Lachlan McCaffrey
    16. Leonardo Ghiraldini, 17. Matias Aguero, 18. Fraser Balmain, 19. Dom Barrow, 20. Jordan Crane, 21. Sam Harrison, 22. Seremaia Bai, 23. Telusa Veainu

I know Tigers never really go in for big name players, but that is a deeply ordinary XV.

Have Leicester got lots of injuries or something (Manu Tuilagi and JdV)? There's a lot of unfamiliar names there. The front row looks to be the only unit that screams first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Have Leicester got lots of injuries or something (Manu Tuilagi and JdV)? There's a lot of unfamiliar names there. The front row looks to be the only unit that screams first choice.

Ed Slater is injured I think. Tuiilagi and JdV both injured i believe.

It's a pretty strong team outside of that. First choice half backs. Jordan Crane is on the bench in the 2nd row with O'Connor (who just signed from the Blues) making his debut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Ed Slater is injured I think. Tuiilagi and JdV both injured i believe.

It's a pretty strong team outside of that. First choice half backs. Jordan Crane is on the bench in the 2nd row with O'Connor (who just signed from the Blues) making his debut.

Pretty sure i read the other day that JDV wont play until december

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'm sure the French teams will want to stand up and be counted after their poor showing in the World Cup. Like I'm sure the English teams will want to stand up and be counted after their poor showing in the World Cup. Like I'm sure the Irish provinces will want........

OK so I'm at least sure the winner won't be from Argentina!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭stadedublinois

Leicester team to play SF tomorrow:

15. Matthew Tait (c); 14. Adam Thompstone, 13. Peter Betham, 12. Matt Smith, 11. Vereniki Goneva; 10. Owen Williams, 9. Ben Youngs; 1. Marcos Ayerza, 2. Tom Youngs, 3. Dan Cole, 4. Mike Williams, 5. Michael Fitzgerald, 6. Tom Croft, 7. Brendon O'Connor, 8. Lachlan McCaffrey
    16. Leonardo Ghiraldini, 17. Matias Aguero, 18. Fraser Balmain, 19. Dom Barrow, 20. Jordan Crane, 21. Sam Harrison, 22. Seremaia Bai, 23. Telusa Veainu

I know Tigers never really go in for big name players, but that is a deeply ordinary XV.

Stade have named their team too

Bonneval ; Arias, Williams, Bosman, Sinzelle ; (o) Steyn, (m) Dupuy ; Nicolas, Parisse (cap), Sio ; Papé, Gabrillagues ; Oleon, Panis, Taulafo.

Bench:Priso, Zhvania, Slimani, Flanquart, Ross, Tomas, Waisea, Raisuqe.

Quesada was unhappy about having to play the Friday after a Sunday game. There are some injury problems in the forwards. Zhvania (a prop) is filling in as hooker on the bench and Burban and Lakafia (our best flankers) are injured.

It looks like Plisson (no outhalf on the bench but Bosman can play there) and Danty are being rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

On paper anyway, with the signings other sides have made, Leicester look well down the list of Premiership teams at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭stadedublinois

Stade have named their team too

Bonneval ; Arias, Williams, Bosman, Sinzelle ; (o) Steyn, (m) Dupuy ; Nicolas, Parisse (cap), Sio ; Papé, Gabrillagues ; Oleon, Panis, Taulafo.

Bench:Priso, Zhvania, Slimani, Flanquart, Ross, Tomas, Waisea, Raisuqe.

Quesada was unhappy about having to play the Friday after a Sunday game. There are some injury problems in the forwards. Zhvania (a prop) is filling in as hooker on the bench and Burban and Lakafia (our best flankers) are injured.

It looks like Plisson (no outhalf on the bench but Bosman can play there) and Danty are being rested.

Plisson, Danty and Sempéré are actually all out injured or ill.

15 Delon Armitage; 14. Josua Tuisova, 13. Mathieu Bastareaud, 12. Maxime Mermoz, 11. Bryan Habana; 10. Quade Cooper, 9. Jonathan Pelissie;
    1. Xavier Chiocci, 2. Anthony Etrillard, 3. Levan Chilachava, 4. Samu Manoa, 5. Romain Taofifenua, 6. Juan Smith (c), 7. Juan Fernandez Lobbe, 8. Steffon Armitage

16. Bastien Soury, 17. Florian Fresia, 18. Mohamed Boughanmi, 19. Duane Vermeulen, 20. Theo Belan, 21. Tom Taylor, 22. Sebastien Tillous-Borde, 23. Konstantine Mikautadze

Duane Vermeulen makes his Toulon debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

What channel is tonight's game on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Scarlets
    Bridge93 wrote: »
    What channel is tonight's game on?

BT Europe. Channel 414 on the Sky platform in HD. Channel 426 in SD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Was Betham not allowed to pick that up? He knocked it on?

EDIT: Yep. Silly mistake from Lacey.

Scarlets
    You'd never think Stade are French champions!

Scarlets
    Completely against the run of play, Stade get the first points on the board with a try - poor defence by Leicester.

Ospreys
    Try was class

Scarlets
    And Steyn has just slotted a penalty from somewhere around the halfway line!

• Wasps
    Munster really should have a field day in this pool. No way they should be at risk at home.

Ospreys
    That really should not have been given. Runner was ahead.

Scarlets
    That really should not have been given. Runner was ahead.

Not impressed with Lacey tonight.

• Advertisement

Ospreys
    vienne86 wrote: »
    Not impressed with Lacey tonight.

I don't know the specifics of the rule of I'm honest, but it was American football style blocking.

Advertisement