Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

#MunRace14 so far today

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Anatidaephobia

phog wrote: »
    There's a photo the tops that, its of Donnacha Ryan in a red sleeveless top at the reins.

Laurie Fisher replied to that saying 'Who's that traveller in the red singlet?'. This whole race is hilarious - a brilliant idea.

This whole race is hilarious - a brilliant idea.

One of Simon Mannix's better ideas.

Day 2 of the Munster Race, it certainly seems to have caught the imagination of the public. Some great photos of supporters and players appearing online. Overall a great idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

One of Simon Mannix's better ideas.

What were the other ones?! :pac:

Great initiative alright, I'm sure the players enjoy it as much as the supporters they run into. I can see the other provinces copying the idea in the future.

What were the other ones?! :pac:

Great initiative alright, I'm sure the players enjoy it as much as the supporters they run into. I can see the other provinces copying the idea in the future.

It's an excellent idea and could well be used by the other provinces but I think it's only something you can do over a couple of years before it gets stale.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

It's an excellent idea and could well be used by the other provinces but I think it's only something you can do over a couple of years before it gets stale.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The younger fans may be seeing their hero's for the first time, every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The younger fans may be seeing their hero's for the first time, every time.

They came to Waterville today and the whole village came out to see them. Cool to see Paul in the flesh and up close! Big men so they are

That's true and perhaps it might run each year I just thought things like this need freshness to keep the curiosity of the public.

Time will tell but at the moment it's a sponsors dream come true, their names being bandied about twitter, facebook and local radio stations to beat the band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Didn't Ulster do something similar last season or the season before?

Wasn't as sponsor friendly but along the same lines with challenges along the way, no organised transport, use of social media etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

It worked very well for Ulster needless to say they won't be doing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Hi lads,

I'm gonna be in limerick tomorrow and I'm trying to get a player fit jersey. Any idea where I'd pick one up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

digzy wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I'm gonna be in limerick tomorrow and I'm trying to get a player fit jersey. Any idea where I'd pick one up?

Official munster shop on oconnell street or the shop out in thomond park should have it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Is there a new Home kit this year? If so, any idea when it's out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

shezer wrote: »

No, only alternate jersey changed. Home is the same as last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Has there been any more info on players likely to play in the 7s in Thomond this weekend? Not going but would be interested to see squad used.

Has there been any more info on players likely to play in the 7s in Thomond this weekend? Not going but would be interested to see squad used.

Not sure if confirmed but heard Gerhard VDH, Luke O'Dea, Ronan O'Mahoney and possibly CJ Stander.

shezer wrote: »

rule of thumb is that they change one jersey each season. Away this season, home next season. There have been some exceptions due to things like kit or sponsor changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

I would not be surprised if Greg O'Shea gets a run out in the 7's. He played really well for the Ireland 19's in a 7's competition in Portugal in April/May time. Speedster and good option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Not sure if confirmed but heard Gerhard VDH, Luke O'Dea, Ronan O'Mahoney and possibly CJ Stander.
    Had heard 1 or 2 of those as possibilities. Barry O Mahony is another possibility
    RobbieRuns wrote: »
    I would not be surprised if Greg O'Shea gets a run out in the 7's. He played really well for the Ireland 19's in a 7's competition in Portugal in April/May time. Speedster and good option.
    He is v quick and did well for 7s at 19s but would be very surprised if he's used. The Munster 20s will be playing warm ups etc then and he'll be playing in them I imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

The squad features a mixture of senior, academy and sub-academy players, and as expected includes Munster backs Gerhard van den Heever, Ronan O'Mahony, Luke O'Dea and Cian Bohane, and back-row forward Shane Buckley.

Ronan O'Mahony will captain the side.

Greencore Academy players Stephen Fitzgerald, Jamie Glynn, Ryan Murphy, Rory Scannell and Darren Sweetnam also feature and the squad is completed with the addition of sub-academy players Ned Hodson and Tomás Quinlan.

Article can be found here

Wayne Falvey, Munster Women's Head Coach has named a squad of 32 players to take part in the Interprovincial Series in September

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/18850.php

Munster are away for two of their three fixtures

Wayne Falvey, Munster Women's Head Coach has named a squad of 32 players to take part in the Interprovincial Series in September

Munster rugby squad update - Andrew Smith arrived today

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/18855.php

Munster U20s play Italy U20s tomorrow evening in Dooradoyle.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/18853.php

Interpro fixtures listed on link.

THE new Munster coaching staff was introduced as a unit to the media for the first time this week in Mitchelstown.

http://limerickrugby.ie/brian-walsh-is-aware-of-high-expectations/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Post says "from now on" so not just a sevens weekend thing.
    Please be aware that new parking restrictions will be in operation around Thomond Park from now on.
    Only permit holders will be allowed park in residential areas around the stadium. Any vehicle not displaying a residents parking permit can be towed or clamped for illegal parking.
    An upgraded public bus service will be available from Henry street running at 10 minute intervals for the duration of the Limerick World Club 7s festival this weekend.

from Thomond Park facebook page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

I thought it was always the case that you needed a permit. Guards have been checking permits at entrances to estates for at least two seasons. Unless this is something different.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement