Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clongriffin station stairs to Baldoyle?

• 26-07-2020 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know if the stairs to Baldoyle from Clongriffin station will ever be replaced.

It was supposed to be a temporary structure more than 10 years ago, yet it's still being used. It's a disgusting structure.

I'm wondering, since there there is a huge development being built beside it, is there anything in the plans to remove it.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mod note:I've moved this to the Dublin City forum which covers Baldoyle and Clongriffin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Mod note:I've moved this to the Dublin City forum which covers Baldoyle and Clongriffin :)

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Why did they put a temporary stairs in a brand new train station?

OP here are the contact details for Irish Rail

https://www.irishrail.ie/about-us/iarnrod-eireann-infrastructure/infrastructure-contact-details

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Are you sure its a temporary structure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭antimatterx

It was temporary when it was installed as there were bigger plans for the Baldoyle side (it's only being built in now). But that was a decade or so ago.

I heard rumors that the ramp on the Clongriffin side, will be mirrored on the Baldoyle side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

I wouldn't hold your breath...depends if they are the same developers too.

I'd say if its anywhere it would be stated in the planning permission for the new builds.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭3d4life

Maybe some on the C&T forum would know ? ( https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=246 )

or even some on the choo-choo sub forum ? ( https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1499 )

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Im sure there was something been pushed when the receivers were selling the site area thats under development that the 2 sides would be linked up and a roadway would link up from the Coast/Baldoyle side. With the size of the site though Im sure theres multiple developers and parcels of land now to throw the whole thing up in the air but finishing off the road/bridge properly would probably make it more desirable to buyers.

Advertisement