Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pine marten

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I’d say some lad spilled out a can of tuna or a can of cat food on the rock to draw them to it.good video though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

catrat12 wrote: »
    Nah look at the original pic a few pages back I’m 100 percent sure it’s a pine marten

It’s definitely old piney and he after a bath. The tail is after drying out bushy. If you got the front of it on camera you would see the white blaze

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Discussion in RTE1 radio's Today with Sarah McInerney just now about Pine Martens and how they are allegedly killing chickens in Co Clare and how the government should remove their protected status so that they can protect their chickens...
    https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/shows/31986

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Discussion in RTE1 radio's Today with Sarah McInerney just now about Pine Martens and how they are allegedly killing chickens in Co Clare and how the government should remove their protected status so that they can protect their chickens...
    https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/shows/31986

Their protected status will never change, but Marten certainly do love chicken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Had a Marten kill 2 of our chickens so decided to catch and kill the little sh!t.
    Managed to trap him, and then I got soft and let him go.
    Now I leave food out for him away from the chickens and we've become fairly close, can get within 10 meters of him and all he'll do is back up a little, doesn't run away. He loves bananas, even peels them, and odd treat of tuna.
    They are an incredible predator and so nice to see around the place. Have a family of 4 now visit most days.
    Chickens are fully enclosed with 25mm weld mesh and a trial cam monitors them at night, but Marten's seem happy to stay away when there's other sources of food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Eddie B

corsav6 wrote: »
    Had a Marten kill 2 of our chickens so decided to catch and kill the little sh!t.
    Managed to trap him, and then I got soft and let him go.
    Now I leave food out for him away from the chickens and we've become fairly close, can get within 10 meters of him and all he'll do is back up a little, doesn't run away. He loves bananas, even peels them, and odd treat of tuna.
    They are an incredible predator and so nice to see around the place. Have a family of 4 now visit most days.
    Chickens are fully enclosed with 25mm weld mesh and a trial cam monitors them at night, but Marten's seem happy to stay away when there's other sources of food.

Jesus, dont go on holidays lol

Advertisement