Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronavirus Pandemic Information- Local and Worldwide

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Cheltenham should never have happened. Totally irresponsible to have people gathering like that from all over Europe. How many could catch it there and bring it back to their areas, for it to start spreading all over again. Madness.

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Italy was always know for the peck on the cheek greeting I wonder has that made it worse in terms of transmission initially?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Mooooo wrote: »
    Italy was always know for the peck on the cheek greeting I wonder has that made it worse in terms of transmission initially?

That’s part of what they think.
    Plus it’s likely the virus got in late December and had time to set in while everyone was thinking this was a Chinese problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭endainoz

From a farming point of view, if we have a lockdown on schools/colleges for a few weeks, that would have to extend to the Marts aswell. I know there would be plenty of aul lads who would go for the chat but in fairness a high percentage of them would be in the at risk age group.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Website that tracks confirmed cases and deaths by country/worldwide -
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Advertisement

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Got a text from Quinn’s today saying their reps aren’t going to visit farms.

_Brian wrote: »
    That’s part of what they think.
    Plus it’s likely the virus got in late December and had time to set in while everyone was thinking this was a Chinese problem.

There was a wicked bad cold going around waterford in december

I got it and it knocked me straight out...in that id go to work and just about get jobs done at homr and panned out asleep by 7pm every night barely able to fuction and sister,along few lads in work.gave all xmas in bed

I had dry cough,fever and sweats like never before and took.weeks to get over it fully,i had it about 10 days after coming back from holiday to iceland and denmark for few days.....could it be that??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gillespy

That was in Kerry as well. It ruined my Christmas too. Never had anything as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Gillespy wrote: »
    That was in Kerry as well. It ruined my Christmas too. Never had anything as bad.

Yes that’s right , it was a right fecker to get rid of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Gillespy wrote: »

We had it in Dublin , we were flattened by it and cough lasted weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭Base price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭endainoz

Was a bad dose, I had it around Christmas myself. Part of flu season but not related to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Just getting over that bloody thing, not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,749 ✭✭✭amacca

_Brian wrote: »
    I really hope our professionals are looking at what went wrong in Italy and honestly putting plans in place to head off that sort of disaster.

From what I've witnessed so far I don't believe they are. They are definitely not looking at what went right in hong kong and singapore and trying to implement that anyway.

What little faith I had is dwindling daily.

UK is moving to, delay phase, tomorrow possibly. However, that doesn't seem to mean much as they still won't be banning large gatherings.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Water John wrote: »
    UK is moving to, delay phase, tomorrow possibly. However, that doesn't seem to mean much as they still won't be banning large gatherings.

http://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-uk-set-to-move-to-delay-phase-schools-could-close-and-major-events-cancelled-11955695

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

I see Tom Hanks and his wife have it now. Will help bring some reality to it all for USA people.
    I was in a place yesterday in Limerick and the manager sent me and another women back out to use the hand sanitizer. We missed it on the way in. All staff were wearing disposible gloves too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

School s collages etc closed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Dozer1

yep heading for total lock down, I imagine that's the end of GAA, marts etc as per Leo today on gatherings

oh but wait sure the 30K people returning from Cheltenham will be grand

• Advertisement

Dozer1 wrote: »

:eek:

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭kk.man

Dozer1 wrote: »
    yep heading for total lock down, I imagine that's the end of GAA, marts etc as per Leo today on gatherings

“Public transport will continue to operate, the shops will remain open, and we have plans to ensure that supply chains will not be interrupted. We need public and businesses to take a sensible level headed and responsible approach. during this difficult time,” Mr Varadkar said.

ie Mart and Factories to stay open.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Schools, colleges and childcare facilities to close till the end of March.

Announced Leo as he is in the US to attend the St. Patrick's Day parade. No small gathering.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Dr Dunphy suggests the use of cortisol should be considered for anyone with Covid 19.
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/lives-can-be-saved-with-simple-safe-and-cheap-steroid-suggests-former-cork-gp-987488.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭alps

Heard that dept of health finally gone to epedimiology guys in dept of agriculture for advise...

Finally

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Dr Dunphy suggests the use of cortisol should be considered for anyone with Covid 19.
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/lives-can-be-saved-with-simple-safe-and-cheap-steroid-suggests-former-cork-gp-987488.html

Is that the same as dex

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

You'd imagine it'd be the first go to medicine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

alps wrote: »
    Heard that dept of health finally gone to epedimiology guys in dept of agriculture for advise...

Finally

Thank fcuk. All the talk from experts the last few weeks, it was obvious they'd never done anything of this sort before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

A run down of the workings of viruses and why washing with soap and water can be very successful in prevention of infection.

https://twitter.com/PalliThordarson/status/1236549305189597189?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

And another on the importance of social isolation to reduce spread of Coronavirus.

https://twitter.com/trishgreenhalgh/status/1237829557752860679?s=20

Advertisement