Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They better not be
    putting Johnny on 205 Live. You’d think there has to be some kind of payoff for him vs Ciampa but maybe Vince wants him up a.s.a.p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Pentecost wrote: »
    They better not be
    putting Johnny on 205 Live. You’d think there has to be some kind of payoff for him vs Ciampa but maybe Vince wants him up a.s.a.p.
    Unsanctioned match will be announced for Mania weekend at tonights tapings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

LeeJM wrote: »
    I can dig that. You'd wonder where they'd go after that as in reality, this is only the beginning of their feud. Ideally Johnny wins, debuts next on Raw or Tuesday on Smackdown only to get blindsided by Ciampa again....the man he just can't shake.

I've no problem with Johnny probably never winning the NXT title. In fact him not winning could do wonders for his push on the main roster as it allows for logical progression in his story, without retreading story points already hit in NXT.

LeeJM wrote: »
    I can dig that. You'd wonder where they'd go after that as in reality, this is only the beginning of their feud. Ideally Johnny wins, debuts next on Raw or Tuesday on Smackdown only to get blindsided by Ciampa again....the man he just can't shake.

I've no problem with Johnny probably never winning the NXT title. In fact him not winning could do wonders for his push on the main roster as it allows for logical progression in his story, without retreading story points already hit in NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who released the redacted documents?

How many weeks are these tapings for? Back in full sail, i hope. Didn't like that last place where a run in consisted of having to carefully walk down steps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I am really becoming a fan of Lacey Evans especially now that she is a heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Who released the redacted documents?

How many weeks are these tapings for? Back in full sail, i hope. Didn't like that last place where a run in consisted of having to carefully walk down steps

Centre stage in Atlanta was the last taping outside of full sail.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

How come NXT is still using Atlanta for tapings? I hate the set up just watching last weeks episode

Yeah I thought they were just there for the tapings that brought us to Takeover

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

These ad breaks ruined the title matches.

Why do they do this?

I understand it on live TV, but on their own network ? It ruins the experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

beakerjoe wrote: »
    These ad breaks ruined the title matches.

Why do they do this?

I understand it on live TV, but on their own network ? It ruins the experience.

What annoys me even more is when they run ads for the Network... on the Network

Killian Dain cutting a promo = Jim McDonald as a WWE superstar.....

He needs to cut more promos. Black while excellent in the ring, needs to develop that side of his game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Killian Dain cutting a promo = Jim McDonald as a WWE superstar.....

Absolutely cannot wait for him to tell a rival that their da sells the Avon. :pac:

So Gargano has to win next week or he leaves? I'm guessing something will happen to stop either scenario happening. Or he wins by DQ.
    I know the results were posted earlier but I'll avoid reading them

So Gargano has to win next week or he leaves? I'm guessing something will happen to stop either scenario happening. Or he wins by DQ.
    I know the results were posted earlier but I'll avoid reading them

Ive avoided them too. Cant wait for next weeks match

I think Ciampa ruining the moment with one swing of his crutch has the potential to be the next RKO out of no where meme.

The match wasnt a patch on their NXT Takeover match, but it was a fine tv match. The crowd wasnt great IMO and that took away from it a bit, and there werent enough near falls for my liking considering the high stakes, but their match was highly enjoyable nonetheess for a tv match.

The fact that Gargano is the hottest guy in NXT right now takes away from the finish a bit as you know hes going nowhere as he has unresolved issues with Ciampa and Almas. I am curious to how this Gargano story plays out.

Id like to see Ciampa hound Gargano all the way to the main roster but not sure how that would be received by a tepid audience.

Gargano being in the cruiserweight tournament and getting to the final at Mania, only for Ciampa to stiff him again on the grandest stage would have been actually perfect. Gives the Raw/205 audience a chance to get to know Gargano before Ciampa rears his head again .

Id like to see Ciampa hound Gargano all the way to the main roster but not sure how that would be received by a tepid audience.

Gargano being in the cruiserweight tournament and getting to the final at Mania, only for Ciampa to stiff him again on the grandest stage would have been actually perfect. Gives the Raw/205 audience a chance to get to know Gargano before Ciampa rears his head again .

The brackets for the Cruiserweight Title are up, no sign of Johnny Wrestling.

Id love to see Ciampa stalk Candice in NXT, make her life hell too

Regal may overturn Gargano leaving under the circumstances.
    That Cena looking ref took a pretty good hit anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Some kind of unsanctioned match at the mania takeover then called up after mania

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

That Cena looking ref took a pretty good hit anyway.

It's funnier when you consider he used to wrestle deathmatches in CZW, but put a striped shirt on a guy... :pac:

Are they turning the Velveteen Dream face????? Seems like it after the promo and match

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dusty Classic brackets revealed on WWE.com. It's cut down to 8 teams this year but all good duos. Just be aware that Wikipedia has a few first round matches spoiled so thread carefully. Here's the bracket

20180223_NXT_Dusty_Bracket--17841004a7db205a8e81980d59412249.jpg

j

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Are they turning the Velveteen Dream face????? Seems like it after the promo and match

Wa....was he a heel?

Honestly, I only watch the Takeovers, so I may have missed that I was meant to dislike him. I just find him so charismatic and loved his story with Black so much, I instinctively thought he was a face, albeit a slightly self-obsorbed one.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wa....was he a heel?

Honestly, I only watch the Takeovers, so I may have missed that I was meant to dislike him. I just find him so charismatic and loved his story with Black so much, I instinctively thought he was a face, albeit a slightly self-obsorbed one.

Totally so where you were coming from but i think they tried to portray him as a heel character especially leading up to the Black match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah he was or is supposed to be a vain, self obsessed character (with more than a hint of homosexuality). The fact that he’s very good at portraying his character and in the ring means he’s more over than intended I would say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Black's alignment was a bit vague too, so that didn't really help I suppose.

Big Takeover New Orleans spoiler:
    North American Title to be unveiled and first champion crowned in a 6 man ladder match. Won't mention the apparent participants.

• Advertisement

So that interview with Lacey and Shayna took place last weekend yet we could hear the reaction to
    Ciampa
    in the background.

Remember when AoP were pretty much unstoppable? Seems now they can be beat or nearly beat much easier. Dunno why but I've no interest in TM61.

Advertisement