Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Wrestling Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Is Josh leaving with his Mrs since they have been replaced on commentary or is he moving upstairs?

He was promoted.... apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,778 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I suppose being rewarded for years of loyalty? Or promoted out of the way?
    Wonder if we'll see more of him in a backstage role like Scott.
    Hopefully Cardona is done with AEW if he's showing up in Impact. Impact is more his level imo.

He seemed to be saying "I'm here now" or something like that after his match.
    I'm sure this week's Impact will have him and Brian Myers meeting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,268 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yeah Matt Striker is as **** as I remember from when he was in WWE. He actually did the "I'm marking out, bro" line when Cardona came out :rolleyes: Didn't he say that at a royal rumble one year when someone returned?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah Matt Striker is as **** as I remember from when he was in WWE. He actually did the "I'm marking out, bro" line when Cardona came out :rolleyes: Didn't he say that at a royal rumble one year when someone returned?

You are correct. He did it the year Diesel returned in the 2011 40 man rumble.

• Advertisement

Since Karate Man won, does that mean he stays in Impact?

I think it's AEW/Impact now.

Fun episode.

They had fun with writing Taya off. If she's lucky she'll get sent to Jacksonville. But being unlucky, get sent to Stamford for 2 years with an option for 3. Ruins a person

She off to NXT/WWE to join the hubby I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It would be nice to see her debut at the Rumble if she's off to WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,817 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That was a fun impact and some nice surprises

Big money Matt is brilliant and it's the ideal position for him

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

What is up with Jerry Lynn and aging? He looked older back when he was in TNA around 10 years ago

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What is up with Jerry Lynn and aging? He looked older back when he was in TNA around 10 years ago

Getting the hair chopped?

Probably less wear and tear, and living a healthier life. It does wonders for some. :pac:

Just looked there he will be 58 this year damn.

Impact pulled a fast one and managed to keep hold of Trey Miguel. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Impact pulled a fast one and managed to keep hold of Trey Miguel. Fair play to them.

Not surprised tbh. He's probably happy to be working with his wife and he's in a position where he's gonna get a chance make himself a top guy. When the alternative is doing hip toss class and box jumps with 256 other PC geeks I'd say he picked the best option

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/30/impact-wrestling-in-uk-youtube-facebook-announced-as-new-home-13992549/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

YouTube and Facebook are the new home of Impact in Ireland and the UK

"From Wednesday, weekly episodes of IMPACT! will be available to stream on Facebook and YouTube in the UK & Ireland, within hours of the American broadcast!"

Great from Tony K saying that he is so enjoying wrestling now that is why he let Mox appear on NJPW Strong now linking the 3 promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I like Rich Swann but they need to put the world championship on Moose, he looked like the real deal at the end of the show with both belts. The AEW links have me checking out Impact on YT but there's not really much going on, it's as dull as dishwater for the most part.

• Advertisement

I like Rich Swann but they need to put the world championship on Moose, he looked like the real deal at the end of the show with both belts. The AEW links have me checking out Impact on YT but there's not really much going on, it's as dull as dishwater for the most part.

It's inevitable for Moose I think.

Impact hasn't been quite as entertaining lately as it can be, and when it's boring the bad wrestling is on full display with no where to hide.

I still can't tell if Fire N Flava are actually any use in the ring and they're the women's tag team champions!

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/30/impact-wrestling-in-uk-youtube-facebook-announced-as-new-home-13992549/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

YouTube and Facebook are the new home of Impact in Ireland and the UK

"From Wednesday, weekly episodes of IMPACT! will be available to stream on Facebook and YouTube in the UK & Ireland, within hours of the American broadcast!"

Well this was a load of bollox. They just put up highlights on YouTube to watch (like they've always done) and when asked on twitter about getting the full episode on YouTube (like the way it sounded it would be from the press release), the Impact UK and Ireland account said you can watch full episodes on the Impact plus app.

Tony K is the forbidden door and he opened himself :)

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1359320260848062469?s=20

Happy Birthday Tommy Dreamer from the guys at AEW

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1359324099886145537?s=20

NJPW FinJuice are coming :)

Watched a bit of this last night (impact plus 30 day trial). Impact give WWE a good run for their money with camera cuts during matches. Why does any wrestling company think that it looks good? I understand it for punches because some can look awful but absolutely no need for it at the impact of a powerbomb etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The end of the multi-man was excellent between Trey, Austin and Alexander, those three guys should be at the forefront of IMPACT going forward, along with Swann and Moose. Couldn't care less about Dreamer in 2021 and definitely nowhere near the main event, he has change the channel heat for me.

The NJPW announcement feels big, it's reported that the deal has been worked on for a good while now and that D'Amore and others from IMPACT flew to Japan to formally apologize for the previous issues that existed between the two companies. I think some of the people saying that people are getting ahead of themselves and jumping the gun about companies who will only work together for the short term are wrong and there is definitely something in the works here and clearly has been for a while now. Hopefully some exciting stuff ahead for fans of pro-wrestling!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,675 ✭✭✭hynesie08

You remember when coronavirus started, and wwe were doing 2 1/2 hour ppvs and nobody complained? There was no reason for this show to be 3 hours, half the matches went too long, half too short.

There was some good stuff, josh Alexander and jake something both had performances that should get eyes on them, but a 3 hour b show headlined by Tommy dreamer trying to wrestle a non gimmick match........ Never again.

• Advertisement

Muta teasing to defend his new NOAH World Tile in Impact who NOAH have a working relationship with.

https://twitter.com/TNAmarkFrmIndia/status/1361324121011929088?s=20

Advertisement