Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭ofcork

Apparently 26 spaces will be lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

ofcork wrote: »
    Apparently 26 spaces will be lost.
    Are you sure this will be so busy? I have never bothered with a drive thru McDonalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

calnand wrote: »
    McDonald's are apply for permission to build a 2 storey drive through in the small car park in Wilton to the left as you enter from the sarsfield road. The only thing is they're using the whole car park so people will have to park in the Tesco car park. With the lidl seemingly going ahead, it's goin to be way busier in Wilton.
    Was in the Tesco car-park this week.....am not sure it has changed or improved at all.

Was in the Tesco car-park this week.....am not sure it has changed or improved at all.
    It's no better than it ever was.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Are you sure this will be so busy? I have never bothered with a drive thru McDonalds.

It does very well in Douglas. I could see it being very popular with students in CIT and UCC. I'd say they'd get a good bit of business with CUH as well.

• Advertisement

It does very well in Douglas. I could see it being very popular with students in CIT and UCC. I'd say they'd get a good bit of business with CUH as well.
    Fair point. We'll have to wait and see. No harm to see more services on that side of city, which has been neglected for far too long. Not thrilled by the prospect of more traffic congestion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

So both DID electrical and Costa coffee are opening up next to the new Homestore & more on the kindle road, did electrical says this month, while costs are just putting in an application for planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

Something new opening on Oliver Plunket street where Ice Cream shop used to be. Backing to signage being put on today and wording looked eerily like it could match up with Starbucks. Probably not though

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Did not know there had been an Ice Cream Shop on Oliver Plunkett St.
    Not to derail the thread, but was it there long and opinions as to why it closed?
    Was it a sort of summer pop up?

Water John wrote: »
    Did not know there had been an Ice Cream Shop on Oliver Plunkett St.
    Not to derail the thread, but was it there long and opinions as to why it closed?
    Was it a sort of summer pop up?

It was there for around 3 years, Scup Gelato on the corner of cook street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭DylanGLC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

DylanGLC wrote: »

I 'believe' the Douglas one is to be located at the former Spar shop on the South douglas road, next to the Briar Rose

The new KFC in Douglas look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

Andip wrote: »
    I 'believe' the Douglas one is to be located at the former Spar shop on the South douglas road, next to the Briar Rose

Great, another traffic nightmare in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Andip wrote: »

The Briar Rose is on the Douglas Road...not the South Douglas Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Anyone know what this looming presence is next to the Nano Nagle development on Douglas St, maybe it's part of it as well?

vkokg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭mire

ucc/cit school of architecture? moving from copley st?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭baldtooyoung

Think they are doing work on the convent on evergreen Street.I think that is what that is.not sure.

Dbu wrote: »
    Great, another traffic nightmare in that area.

Between KFC, the new Lidl & now Iceland, Douglas is going to get some increase in traffic !

Ludo wrote: »
    The Briar Rose is on the Douglas Road...not the South Douglas Road.

I was just testing :D

• Advertisement

mire wrote: »
    ucc/cit school of architecture? moving from copley st?

Yup original plan was to be in it for the start of the new semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Shur, it could be a practical for the new students.

Think they are doing work on the convent on evergreen Street.I think that is what that is.not sure.

That's already open as a friend of mine lives over the wall from it so figured it was something else. Asked around at work and it is indeed the new school of architecture building.

Apparently (or so I was told by a friend working in CIT anyway) that due to the optics, neither UCC or CIT would allow it to be on each others campus despite there being space hence why they blew crazy money renting the place on Copley St.

I spotted work has started clearing the site for the student apartments on Model Farm road just across the road from Inchagaggin Lane.

Think there's going to be some new riverside walkway there as well if I remember.

Homesense is opening on June the 15th. I saw they were putting up name signs last night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

opus wrote: »
    I spotted work has started clearing the site for the student apartments on Model Farm road just across the road from Inchagaggin Lane.

Think there's going to be some new riverside walkway there as well if I remember.

would have been good if they would have upgraded the bridge and roads there as part of the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The new KFC in Douglas look good.

Is it opened?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is it opened?

Yes, nice KFC but the car park is tiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

ofcork wrote:
    A falafel place opening on academy street apparently on the site of another place which didn't last.

It's open now and getting good reviews. Called 'Umi falafel' its a dublin outfit who have a name for good vegan food at good prices. Havn't had a good falafel outside of Israel so looking forward to trying this one out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭mire

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is it opened?

Yes, nice KFC but the car park is tiny!

Nice KFC? Surely KFC is KFC?

Advertisement