Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

LMellows wrote: »
    What's the deal with uploading a CV, does it absolutely have to be in the format of their template or is it ok so long as your CV has everything they specify (which it obviously would anyway)?

I sent mine in Irish format last year and there was no bother with it. CV must rank fairly low on the list of necessary so don't stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 seanconn88

Hey guys,
    Does anybody know if Irish Citizens require an Australian Traffic history report, if you lived in Australia for more than 6 months. Apparently if you resided in either Queensland or Victoria you will require this along with your police certificate. I'm not sure if this is just for Australian Citizens or anybody who has resided in these states. Any help would be great.

See link, go to Annex A at the very bottom.
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob490A.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sillybill

I just got the name check police report and submitted only that and have my POE

• Registered Users Posts: 5 junglejungle

Any idea when the second round of working holiday visas will be released? Does anybody know the time frame from last year? I can't find any details about it any where

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Any idea when the second round of working holiday visas will be released? Does anybody know the time frame from last year? I can't find any details about it any where

That's because they haven't announced a date yet. Keep checking the website!

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx

• Advertisement

EI-DOR wrote: »
    That's because they haven't announced a date yet. Keep checking the website!

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx

Cool thanks. What has it been like in previous years? Do they give you ample warning? I want to be prepared

Yes they will release the date so you can be prepared. Same as Round 1!

Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Tea rocks

Hi all,

I've been reading through the thread but it's a bit of a beast (albeit a good beast). I missed out on the first round (cried, literally cried) but am determined to get it in the next. I've watched all the Kompass videos and have submitted as much as I can submit.

My question relates to timeline. Can someone who's been successful in the first round walk me through what happens when it opens?

I select the IEC category, upload my resume and passport scan, and hit 'submit', correct?

I've seen and heard mention of waiting 48hours before uploading docs. Is this correct, or do you upload them as soon as the category opens?

Do I need to be sitting next to my computer after submitting my application to attend to any Kompass messages?

I've watched the vids, I just want to be sure my lack of knowledge about the process doesn't lead me to… refresh pages unnecessarily or log out when I should be logged in or whatever.

I'm terrified of f**king it up through ignorance.

I really, really want this and I am praying/meditating/visualising myself to a positive outcome.

I will get this visa.
    I will get this visa.
    I will get this visa.
    I will get this visa.

Thanks for your insights and patience.

I select the IEC category, upload my resume and passport scan, and hit 'submit', correct?

Negative. You log in, select the "Working Holiday" under IEC Category (Num 4), type in your email and password again at the bottom and submit!

They will email you within 48 hours looking the documents and payment to be submitted so you don't have to worry about that when it opens!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Negative. You log in, select the "Working Holiday" under IEC Category (Num 4), type in your email and password again at the bottom and submit!

They will email you within 48 hours looking the documents and payment to be submitted so you don't have to worry about that when it opens!

This. You can also be logged in before the opening and keep navigating around every minute or so so that you don't get logged out. Copy your email address prior to opening so that you only have to type CTRL-V into the box. I've found the website hates copied passwords and won't accept them unless they're manually typed (my fiancé's browser autosaved his password, but it won't let him in unless he types it manually) so you can't shortcut that step.

Mainly, watch the clock like a hawk and be ready to go at exactly 8pm (or whatever the opening time is).

• Registered Users Posts: 16 thedeiseman

Anyone know how long an australian police clearance is valid for? I have a feeling its only 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

Don't forget you also have to tick about 3 boxes.
    Watch the youtube videos and pause it to read what you are ticking so don't have to read when going through process.

Also copy your password (ctrl c) and then when asked for password at end you can just paste it (ctrl v) in the space. Saves a couple of seconds typing it.

Good luck!

Also copy your password (ctrl c) and then when asked for password at end you can just paste it (ctrl v) in the space. Saves a couple of seconds typing it.

That doesn't work for everybody. He's better of copying his email and typing his password in as Faith has said above!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

That doesn't work for everybody. He's better of copying his email and typing his password in as Faith has said above!

Oh right....well take Faith's advice not mine so. sorry for misleading anyone. I thought it was a legit shortcut.

Oh right....well take Faith's advice not mine so. sorry for misleading anyone. I thought it was a legit shortcut.

It might work but it would just be safer typing the password in as you will know it's inputted correctly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 stevplum

Tea rocks wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've been reading through the thread but it's a bit of a beast (albeit a good beast). I missed out on the first round (cried, literally cried) but am determined to get it in the next. I've watched all the Kompass videos and have submitted as much as I can submit.

My question relates to timeline. Can someone who's been successful in the first round walk me through what happens when it opens?

I've seen and heard mention of waiting 48hours before uploading docs. Is this correct, or do you upload them as soon as the category opens?

Do I need to be sitting next to my computer after submitting my application to attend to any Kompass messages?.

i taught you couldnt start a kompass account until they opened it??>Was i wrong can you open a kompass account and go so far?? really puzzled now

Yea u can set your Kompass up now Stev. The Young Professionals window is still open so that's why everybody can get their Kompass setup and ready to roll!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bonbondar

Have checked out with someone regarding the issue with passport but I just want to be double sure as ive now read that the passport you submit when uploading documents needs to be in date for the duration of your time in Canada. So, my passport has one year left on it. Do I need to get a new passport before I apply for the working holiday so it is valid for the two years while there? Or can I scan and upload my current passport and then show my new one when I arrive at the gate. Thanks guys. Sorry i am starting to stress now that I know the open date.

Cant get a straight answer anywhere. All I can see on the Canada international page is this:
    Your children can come with you to Canada or visit you in Canada, provided that they meet all the normal requirements for temporary residence, including obtaining a temporary resident visa if necessary.
    If your children will be accompanying you to Canada, you must submit their application (a separate form is required for each person) with your own (for a study permit, work permit and/or temporary resident visa).

But it doesn't say which stage you add the children or where.
    Does anyone know do I need to get a visa for a school going child (aged 9) when we apply for working holiday visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lightning001

Hi guys just wondering will everybody be asked for Garda clearance and clearance from other countries We have lived in also how do I go about getting clearance from Western Australia , thanks in advance for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JamHn

When you have the via through IEC, is there a limit to how many times you can go and stay in Canada? Can you work for a couple of months and then leave Canada and then go back again and do that as many times as you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

Hi everyone, been lurking around here a while. This is a great forum, very informative.

I was planning on applying for this visa next year due to various reasons, but after seeing how quickly the visas were snapped up this year I'm now considering applying for round 2 this year instead (tomorrow) just to maximise my chances of actually obtaining one. However I won't be able to head over until early 2015.

This is in the FAQ:
    15. How long do I have to enter Canada once I get my visa approval?

You will be issued with a ‘Letter of Introduction’ which states how long you have to activate the visa. Previously it has been 1 year, but it may have increased to 2 years now.

So- can I take this to mean that if everyone goes well and I get a letter of introduction, I would have about a year to activate my visa and enter Canada- making it wiser to apply for round 2 of this year's IEC rather than waiting to apply for next year's IEC?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

AmyPL wrote: »
    Hi everyone, been lurking around here a while. This is a great forum, very informative.

I was planning on applying for this visa next year due to various reasons, but after seeing how quickly the visas were snapped up this year I'm now considering applying for round 2 this year instead (tomorrow) just to maximise my chances of actually obtaining one. However I won't be able to head over until early 2015.

This is in the FAQ:

So- can I take this to mean that if everyone goes well and I get a letter of introduction, I would have about a year to activate my visa and enter Canada- making it wiser to apply for round 2 of this year's IEC rather than waiting to apply for next year's IEC?

Exactly If you got In and get a Poe you have up to a year to enter Canada and get your visa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

Exactly If you got In and get a Poe you have up to a year to enter Canada and get your visa

Cheers!

Better get my resume in order so :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jack157

Can anyone confirm what time the applications open at tomorrow? I heard its 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dargog

Guys I have a question re IEC.

Myself and my partner plan to apply. However, if shes not planning to work for the first 2 years as we have 2 small children 3 and 5 does she then need an IEC or will she be issued a visitor visa at the port of entry - cant get they answer from IEC contact and Ive looked all over the site. Also shes 3 years left before she needs to apply so would prefer to keep her option open now so that when she does plan to go to work she can apply then - anyone that could help here would be great

Also anyone know what time the application will open?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dmodonov

jack157 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm what time the applications open at tomorrow? I heard its 7?

Where did you hear it was 7? I've been assuming it was 8pm as per Round 1 but haven't found any concrete indications about time anywhere. Considering the quota will probably be exhausted within minutes, I'm very keen to figure it out and be at the ready. This is the last chance, after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

I didn't see 7 mentioned anywhere. Really hope they announce the time. I'm applying from Australia so chances are I'll be up all night checking on it otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

dmodonov wrote: »
    Where did you hear it was 7? I've been assuming it was 8pm as per Round 1 but haven't found any concrete indications about time anywhere. Considering the quota will probably be exhausted within minutes, I'm very keen to figure it out and be at the ready. This is the last chance, after all.

Nope there there been no announcement to What time yet . Should be announced sometime today tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Dargog

AS FAR AS I'M AWARE YOUR CHILDREN DONT NEED A STUDY PERMIT TO GO TO SCHOOL ONCE YOU HAVE THE VISA AND WORK PERMIT.

However I AM STRUGGLING TO FIND OUT IF MY FIANCE CAN COME WITH ME. Ive been told by IEC AT THE TRADE show that she can and that she will be issued with a visitor visa at the port of entry. She is not planning to work for the first 2 years and as she is only 32 she could apply in 2 years - dont want to use her allocation at this point if we dont have to. Anyone got any other feedback re this situation - planning to head over with my fiance and 2 small children

Advertisement