Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daniel Bryan Thread

• 12-10-2011 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭

is he still even with wwe :rolleyes:

what is happening with him :confused: he is sd mitb winner and he is barely on sd or raw lately

looks like vince and co dont know what to do with him such a shame

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Don't you know? He's currently set to main event Wrestlemania against whoever is the World Heavyweight Champion :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Yeah - WWE booking has really dropped the ball with him. I was shocked when he won MITB and was expecting a super push for him after it - But they demoted him pretty much to jobber status for Sin Cara.

He's a great talent, and I've no idea what they are playing at. I wouldn't be surprised if they made him lose his MITB contract to another wrestler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

• Registered Users Posts: 84,754 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Electric Red

Easily one of the best wrestlers on the cards at Raw or SD, can make anyone look good in a match, which I think was the original reason they had him work with Sin Cara originally. His match with Wade at Summerslam also warrants praise I think and shows how versatile he is. I don't care if he's a babyface or a heel, once wwe pick a direction and give him the push he needs. He was already getting over with the fans so all they need to do is book him right...surely they couldnt mess it up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

ive a feeling vince has forgot he won MITB, could be a good thing to, imagine the shock on vinces face when he walks out at mania with the briefcase :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Could a heel turn be on the cards for him

he's been forgotton about that much, they cant remember if its daniel br-I-an or br-Y-an :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think the MITB win was cause on the night, they were on a "Please the smarks" high, with that and Punk. I think they booked the win for the shock factor but didn't have any long term plans and thats showing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Hopefully he turns heel and cashes it in unexpectedly before Mania,but the way he's going now I could see him dropping the briefcase to Cody or Wade or Christian.

Don't understand why they don't just let him wrestle every week on SD or Raw?he never dissappoints in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

he went over Heath Slater CLEAN on NXT last week, he is been pushed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I've been watching his matches from NXT,but I doubt that the majority of casual WWE fans have been.

Was very cool that he used the Regal Stretch to submit Slater.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Rjd2 wrote: »
    he went over Heath Slater CLEAN on NXT last week, he is been pushed. :)

Haha, best post I have read all day! :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

WWE really could've done with not having MITB this year -- or at least just one. Del Rio's mucked up Punk/Cena's plans and DB....well he's not doing the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Could a heel turn be on the cards for him

I can see them playing it up where he becomes frustrated with his lack of airtime and feels that he's not been shown the respect he deserves. Have him put the blame on the fans for this and you have a heel turn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

In fairness lads what do expect given who and what WWE push?
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    WWE really could've done with not having MITB this year -- or at least just one. Del Rio's mucked up Punk/Cena's plans and DB....well he's not doing the best!

Yeah titles and briefcases are lead weights in WWE. They just mean you end up jobbing. As Ive said before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I hope they keep him face. There's enough heels on the roster already which would be even harder for him to get repushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

DB has always had his best foot forward as a heel in my opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

From occupyraw

raw959photo164.jpg

Regal temping Bryan to the darkside

Source

Lastly, the company has decided next year's Royal Rumble winner will be from the SmackDown brand.
    Instead of vying for the world heavyweight title at WrestleMania 28, the plans call for the Rumble winner to attain the championship at Elimination Chamber and defend it against Daniel Bryan—the holder of the SmackDown Money in the Bank briefcase—at the "showcase of the immortals."
    Unless the WWE is going to take a leap of faith on a rising star like Cody Rhodes, this seems to indicate the SmackDown superstar who will defend the title against Bryan at 'Mania will be a safe bet like Randy Orton.
    Coincidentally, a Daniel Bryan-Randy Orton matchup at WrestleMania 28 is already being advertised —directly or in a roundabout way—in e-mails sent from Sun Life Stadium (the site of the grand event) to early ticket holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Id much rather he just randomly cashed it in. After the title match, his music hits adn the crowd go ballistic. They are doing a good job making people forget that he has the MITB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

Orton vs Bryan could be a great match, with Bryan as the heel. I don't think the match has ever happened before has it? I'd like to see Bryan win, Orton has gone over in the last two Mania's where I don't think he should have...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i think it would be great for him just to cash the case in on the night.
    E.g Orton vs Rhodes and Rhodes finally wins the big one then Daniel Bryan cashes it in setting up a new fresh rivalry

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Have Punk win the Title at TLC.....hang on to it - have the RR winner go for the SD title. Turn Bryan heel and we have Punk vs Bryan at WM 28!!

awesome (never gonna happen but still....awesome)

Sorry to bump an old thread but do you WWE will go down the route of an actual DB Vs. Vince McMahon feud or it is just having heel Vince be against DB which will put him over more with the crowds, I was thinking Vince might cost DB his title match at Summerslam

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Ya. Was thinking that today, we will then get him chasing the title again and we all know the chase is the best part. They should drag it out alittle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Sorry to bump an old thread but do you WWE will go down the route of an actual DB Vs. Vince McMahon feud or it is just having heel Vince be against DB which will put him over more with the crowds, I was thinking Vince might cost DB his title match at Summerslam

Yet another Montreal screwjob rehash on the cards!? (seriously how many times have they used that storyline/ending since the actual incident)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Yet another Montreal screwjob rehash on the cards!? (seriously how many times have they used that storyline/ending since the actual incident)
    If it happened more then three months ago it never happened!!1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Vince better not raise his eyebrow this time that made the one in 1998 with Rocky so F'N obvious

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

How things have changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

"Oh, and have a good catchphrase"

That's why Miz was a pro!

Advertisement