Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Foxhunter Pub Closed by Revenue ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eire Nua

According to the Kelly Walsh property sales website the Fox has a status of "Sale Agreed". There is however no evidence of this on the site, no addition to the for sale sign which has been there a number of months now. Had a walk around there on sunday afternoon (13/07) and have to say it really is a sad sight.

Illegal dumping, vandalism, knacker drinking, alleged drug dealing, alleged dogging......who would have thought that this would be the outcome for this fine old establishment....sad!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Planning Application would certainly tie in with the Avoca story. No structural alterations, just change of use and refurbishment. Shouldn't take too long once granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Planning Application would certainly tie in with the Avoca story. No structural alterations, just change of use and refurbishment. Shouldn't take too long once granted.

applicant shares name with Avoca director - I wonder!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Artisan Food and Craft Shop

This description would support the story also

• Registered Users Posts: 64,744 ✭✭✭✭unkel

alias no.9 wrote: »

Cheers for the link. Now we know the rumours were true :)

Let's hope the application will be granted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Eire Nua

Looks like that's that so, would like to be the first to offer my condolences to all of the old Fox Nomads out there in the wind still trying to find a home.

At least now we have something concrete to kill off all the other rumours.

Can only be good news for the immediate area.............so Penny Hill it is then.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Planning granted and announcement of opening for March 2015 today.

Excellent news, thanks!

Just checked the application linked above and it said "Decision: Declared Exempt"

Does this mean that it didn't need a planning application in the first place?

And where did you find the announcement of the opening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Bit on the journal about it.

http://jrnl.ie/1640482

it would create at least 50 direct new jobs.

Managing director Simon Pratt says the new development will be similar to its Salt@Avoca offering in Monkstown.

There, patrons enjoy a large food market and café but no non-culinary items

Perfect! And fair play to Simon for bringing this business to Lucan. I'll do my best to frequent the place and convince others to do so too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

You'll have to use a crowbar to get me out of that place when it's open.
    Finally a place in Lucan that will serve decent food that isn't a bloody pub (the Team Rooms are good though)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

unkel wrote: »

Radio news, couldn't find it online at the time

I suspect the "declared exempt" is that it doesn't require a change of use to food retail as it already did both food (in the Foxhunter) and retail (the golf shop and off licence).

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Noticed a big "SOLD" displayed when passing this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

unkel wrote: »
    Excellent news, thanks!

Just checked the application linked above and it said "Decision: Declared Exempt"

Does this mean that it didn't need a planning application in the first place?

Yeah they didnt need permission, but think just making sure all the red tape is done correctly.

Noticed a big "SOLD" displayed when passing this evening.

Didnt see it this morning, will look out for it tonight, be nice to have it there, not so sure my weight will agree:D

Didnt see it this morning, will look out for it tonight, be nice to have it there, not so sure my weight will agree:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

March 2015 they say in the article above.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublinvillian

Drove by this morning and there was workers going into it , they must be starting the changes to Avoca

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

There's been a couple of skips outside over the last week or so. Good to see, the place is looking decrepit now tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Looking forward to this opening up. I'd say it will do a great trade. (pity it wasn't ready for Christmas, but I suppose planning and organising had to be done first).

Lovely food and an outlet aswell. Somewhere to go that is nice. The one at Rathcoole is brill, so hope this one is aswell.

Good luck to them. That place was a total eyesore for yonks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

It's still going to have the same problem as the old Foxhunter-unless you know it's there and can pull off at the top of the hill, you have no way of getting in.

There's virtually zero chance of passing tourists noticing the crazy traffic system (coaches aside), tourists being something a place like Avoca would rely on heavily.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭alias no.9

padd b1975 wrote: »
    It's still going to have the same problem as the old Foxhunter-unless you know it's there and can pull off at the top of the hill, you have no way of getting in.

There's virtually zero chance of passing tourists noticing the crazy traffic system (coaches aside), tourists being something a place like Avoca would rely on heavily.

How is that any different to Avoca in Rathcoole or Kilmacanogue where you're either prepared for the turnoff from the N7 / N11 or forget about it?

padd b1975 wrote: »

Disagree. Anyway, it's apparently going to be similar to the place in Monkstown (Salt) so it'll be a restaurant appealing to the local population, not like Kilmacanogue or Rathcoole that have shops that appeal to tourists.
    There's a massive population in the Lucan area who will give it plenty of business without relying on the odd random tourist passing by looking for a hot meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Avoca is a bit of a 'destination' anyway, isn't it? You'd plan to go there rather than just stopping at the spur of the moment, at least I do.

phasers wrote: »
    Avoca is a bit of a 'destination' anyway, isn't it? You'd plan to go there rather than just stopping at the spur of the moment, at least I do.

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

Anyone see any more progress? I seriously doubt they'll be open by the stated March date at this stage......

jomalone14 wrote: »
    Anyone see any more progress? I seriously doubt they'll be open by the stated March date at this stage......

Unless they've been doing a lot of work inside it, I'd agree!
    However, I saw since ESB Networks vans there yesterday so maybe they're upgrading the supply and turning the juice back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Husband heard from one of his customers last week that work has stopped for now, didn't know the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

I heard last week opening had been pushed back to May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

They're having trouble evicting the squatters, apparently this is what's causing major delays. No word in when things will be moving again.

Advertisement