Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello

• 17-01-2012 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone . I thought i was alone:p can't beleve this is on boards. Some of you may recognise me from the shooting/hunting forum or IS. I've been into this kind of stuff for a long time as i used to go camping/hiking alot. I've a few projects i'll be working on over the coming months which will include growing quite a large quantity of food. I also want to learn how to preserve food, looking at getting some canning equipment. Thinking of building a small smokehouse and i'll be fixing up a very old stone cottage as a holiday home. The cottage is on my missus's fathers land he said we could fix it up and do whatever we want up there, it's been let go wild for years, nice place some of it is woods, some grass thats where i'll be growing my food, it has a spring in the back of the woods and it's full of deer:D:D:D. So i hope to share some interesting stuff once we get going, it's going to be alot of fun.
    All the best
    Sam:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Welcome over lad good te see ya;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Keep us posted how you get on, food prep and storage is a serious weakness of mine!

BTW If you have rabbits on your land apart from your deer and fancy a hunting buddy let me know ;) Even if you need a like-minded "spotter" for the deer.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭bonniebede

Welcome! Sounds like a fun summer ahead. Let me know how you get on with canning, it's an interestof mine.

I am looking ith longing on a pressure canner which you can get from amazon, and so far I have only found mason jars on sale in england though they do ship here. Also reusable canning lids, the only thing worth having in a survival situation from the states, again they will will ship here.

Nice to hear from you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

juice1304 wrote: »
    Hello everyone . I thought i was alone:p can't beleve this is on boards. Some of you may recognise me from the shooting/hunting forum or IS. I've been into this kind of stuff for a long time as i used to go camping/hiking alot. I've a few projects i'll be working on over the coming months which will include growing quite a large quantity of food. I also want to learn how to preserve food, looking at getting some canning equipment. Thinking of building a small smokehouse and i'll be fixing up a very old stone cottage as a holiday home. The cottage is on my missus's fathers land he said we could fix it up and do whawant up there, it's been let go wild for years, nice place some of it is woods, some grass thats where i'll be growing my food, it has a spring in the back of the woods anad it's full of deer:D:D:D. So i hope to sharea some interesting stuff once we get going, it's going to be alot of fun.
    All the best
    Sam:)

hi .i dropped into this site by accident..i have always kept a bag ready..as i walk/hike/camp a lot..but my bag is gona be upgraded to a bug out bag and im gona stock up in the dry goods dept also..i always presumed i was alone thinking about possible shtf scenarious but with 2012 n all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭bonniebede

Maudi wrote: »
    hi .i dropped into this site by accident..i have always kept a bag ready..as i walk/hike/camp a lot..but my bag is gona be upgraded to a bug out bag and im gona stock up in the dry goods dept also..i always presumed i was alone thinking about possible shtf scenarious but with 2012 n all that...

welcome! the more the merrier.

and always happy to see one more leave the starving hordes team and join the prepped and ready to stick it out team :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 lillywilliams

Hello everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Hello lilly

Advertisement