Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dart Pub Guide to ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

'Neds' in Ballinagar have 3 indoor boards and one outdoor in the smoking area. The main one is the best. They regularly have tournaments there too with prizemoney in the couple of hundreds. Never took part in them though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭astimpson

Just posting a few pubs in my local area of Malahide Co.Dublin:

Duffys - Gibneys - The G.A.A.

Also Lusk has the Top Shop and Murrays.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 myfoothurts

called in to shirleys pub in kells while passing through kilkenny. they've got some setup there. 15 boards available all told. they've got a new 'board room' with (i think) 10 boards. can be used for other occasions too. even had a wedding reception there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tippat

can anyone let me know if there is any pub in ennis which is near the west county hotel and if they would have a couple of dart boards up, crowd of us going for a weekend soon and want to find somewhere to play darts

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

Hey, just a quick question. Does anyone know any pubs in the City Centre or South side (Dun Laoghaire area) that currently has a dart board

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

kiad wrote: »
    Hey, just a quick question. Does anyone know any pubs in the City Centre or South side (Dun Laoghaire area) that currently has a dart board

Check out post number 2 in this thread by me.

Here is a link to it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52698946&postcount=2

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Corkerys
    Charlie Foleys
    Darby O'Gills
    Dunloe Lodge
    Dan Linehans

Killarney darts pubs,

Kellys Korner
    Murphys bar
    The Tatler jack
    The Laurels
    The Laune
    Just to give an update on these pubs.....
    corkerys...used to be ideal for a game..new management rarely put up the board now:mad:
    charlie foleys..not a great throw..gets very busy at night
    darby o gills..nice throw,but 2 miles out of town
    dunloe lodge...just dont go there:mad:
    dan linehans..lovely beer:D..terrible board
    kellys corner..nice throw,pool table,good beer
    murphys...lovely throw,but board is rarely up...more interested in serving food
    tatler jack..good throw,always a few good throwers in there..recommend here
    the laurels...forget about it...nice bar though
    the laune...2 boards,nice throw..recommended
    also mcsoreleys have put up 3 boards in their smoking area..havnt tried them yet...beer sucks in there though:(
    killarney avenue hotel and jades bar have decent boards aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

astimpson wrote: »
    Just posting a few pubs in my local area of Malahide Co.Dublin:

Duffys - Gibneys - The G.A.A.

Also Lusk has the Top Shop and Murrays.

the grandfather, won a tournament in gibneys years ago. Got a bottle of vodka:):) he was a regular there.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

hi lads,heading to galway with a few mates for a weekend in a few weeks, just wondering what bars around the city centre are good spots for throwing?
    and is there any 1 night comps on around there on a friday or saturday night...... might try and win a "turkey voucher" while im there!!!!
    cheers,chalkie:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DonkeyPunch

Murty rabbits, beside the train station. Big screen too for the matches. Good auld show, so it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 SmootherZ

Glen Tavern, Glentworth St (off Henry St)

Unicorn, Dooradoyle (just past Crescent SC)

Anyone know of any others?

Also... The Office - Limerick
    The Square Bar - Limerick
    Foleys Bar - Limerck
    Small Foleys - Limerck
    Clohessys - Limerck
    the geraldine bar- Limerck
    Gossers corner - Limerck
    the Imperial bar - Limerck
    Bakers Place - Limerck (think this pub has closed recently):(
    the curragower - Limerck
    the greyhound bar - Clare (sixmilebridge)
    The Meelick Tavern - Clare (meelick) my local icon10.gif
    Cant think of any more:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 HowsTheBacon

Hello. Interested in entering a team into the cork pub league. Just wondering where or who I would go to for more information? And if there is anyone on here who plays in the Cork City pub leagues. Pm me or write back here please. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

guys, im in cork city the weekend, any where i can bring me darts out saturday night for a game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dsavage21

Anyone know how i can get into a youths league or youths dart team in Cork. please email me at savagedarren54@gmail.com if you can help me.

Thank You.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭patdshaker

my local Cliffords in Crookstown Co. Cork nice place 2 boards and used to stags dropping in has 3 teams at the moment

Is there a youths team ?

not in cliffords no but there would be at least 10 of us under the age of 21

orit. im 15 i suppose thats too young haha

• Registered Users Posts: 16 crazyeyz

If there are anyone in the Wicklow area that is looking for a team, let me know. I am on the committee and could help them find a suitable team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Wexford town -

The Loch and Quay
    The Laffan Inn
    Jack Baileys
    Brownes
    Bradys
    The Pike
    Culletons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Giant Reed

Anyone know any good dart pubs in Cork around the Blackrock / Douglas area?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

Sweeney's in Kilbride, Co. Meath is handy for those in west dub/meath, has a board in the bar to the best of my recollection

• Registered Users Posts: 27 frii

Could anyone suggest nearest place to Pearse station (Dublin 2) with dart board ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

crazyeyz wrote: »
    If there are anyone in the Wicklow area that is looking for a team, let me know. I am on the committee and could help them find a suitable team :)
    there is a very good pub/bar in shillelagh co.wicklow called parkview house they have two dart teams,with some good players,anyone in that area should drop in,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 djmcg

any pubs around ranelagh/milltown area where i could join a team or practice? not much good but improving and am not going to get better without some match practice

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jimi8124

MIP wrote: »
    In Dublin there's a couple of pubs in the Strawberry Beds area between Chapelizod/Castleknock/Lucan which I think have catered for darts over the years but never seemed to be a regular scene (or if there was I never came across it):
    • The Strawberry Hall has a nice room set aside for darts but unfortunately rarely gets used apart from a few lads from Ballyfermot (I think) I've run into on Friday nights previously so believe they may be considering converting it. Might be obvious to anyone with a serious interest but for the less committed remember to bring your own darts as they don't always have a full set available behind the bar.
    • The Anglers Rest just up the road used to have a board also but was more decorative than anything else and I haven't been there in a couple of years so unaware of the current situation.
    • Never been in the Wrens Nest but have heard tell it does have a board, unfortunately it also has a reputation as a bit of a strictly locals only place.
    I'm based in Castleknock so if there's a team or league in the area I'm unaware of or if anyone would like to start one please let me know!!!
    i know your post is old, have u started r are u still lookin to set up a team, im just up d road in clonsilla

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jimi8124

Tomasito wrote: »
    I was in the Palace. I played after 3weeks so my game was terrible. Thank you very much for your advice. If you sometimes go to Czech Republic, contact me, we could go to play darts or I can you show Prague. Thanks!
    going to prague thursday if u would like a game of darts

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

frii wrote: »
    Could anyone suggest nearest place to Pearse station (Dublin 2) with dart board ?

Doolans up off Fenian St. Has 2 boards and delicious Guinness. Take a left when you come out of Pearse station and another left at the end of Westland Row. Pass the Gingerman pub onto Fenian street and about 400 metres down through the Holles Street junction is Doolans on your right.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bugz

Anywhere around the Ballincollig area for a game of darts? recently moved there and looking for any weekly singles/doubles comps etc

• Advertisement

bugz wrote: »
    Anywhere around the Ballincollig area for a game of darts? recently moved there and looking for any weekly singles/doubles comps etc

Cliffords in Crookstown have 4 dart teams in the league at the moment, its only 10/15 mins from Ballincollig

Advertisement