Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photo Check, name check with Photo's

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

DonegalMan wrote:
    LOL, was wondering if anyone would spot it :)

It's what's known as 'placement advertising' - the photo was for one of the Donegal papers a while back about Broadband
    Ahah! :)

Well, I suppose that would make you and Damien our sorta famous people in here. For now anyway....

I'm still waiting on that call from Q. Tarantino! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Aah, what the hell.......

Here we go......

Taken just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Can I respectfully suggest to this forums moderators, that the 'Name check' and the 'Name check with photo's threads, be merged into one thread where individuals can post just their names, or add their photo's as a matter of personal choice, without the threat of a week's ban for not posting their photo ?... as I regard this as bit heavy handed :( .Considering that the ' Name Check'/& Name check Check with Photo's thread's are essentially one and the same ?...

P. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

paddy

i will bend the rules on this and not give you a ban for non participation.

I see your point of the 2 threads being very simmilar, but the name check with photo's is as it says on the tin, its taking the introduction one step further and we know who we are talking too.

So paddy, post a pic and join the fun

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

nanook wrote:
    paddy
    i will bend the rules on this and not give you a ban for non participation.
    ROFLMAO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Paddy20 wrote:
    Can I respectfully suggest to this forums moderators, that the 'Name check' and the 'Name check with photo's threads, be merged into one thread where individuals can post just their names, or add their photo's as a matter of personal choice, without the threat of a week's ban for not posting their photo ?... as I regard this as bit heavy handed :( .Considering that the ' Name Check'/& Name check Check with Photo's thread's are essentially one and the same ?...

P. :cool:
    Thats the whole point of the thread here. If you wish to show off your ugly mug then you post a pic and then you can continue to post comments in this thread. The basic idea as previously explained by nanook is for everyone to know or have a good idea of how the other members here appear in real life.

If you dont want to post up a pic then you either go to the name check thread or start a new thread.

Paddy you read the opening post by nanook and were clearly aware that a ban would follow if you did not post a pic. I would not have been so lenient if I had seen this first.

There was an exception made on a previous post whereby the member was asked for a photo or face the music. As nanook has said include a photo and you are free to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I want a photo of Paddy.

Come on Paddy. After all, you are the daddy of this forum.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Already posted a pic in the name check thread, but what the hey, heres a new one, taken just now at work! Need my hair cut! lol :D

Already posted a pic in the name check thread, but what the hey, heres a new one, taken just now at work! Need my hair cut! lol :D
    You matched 3 numbers in the lotto :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

muffler wrote:

:confused: Ya lost me there mate

• Advertisement

:confused: Ya lost me there mate
    I thought the numbers in your sig were the regular no.'s you done in the lotto cause if they were you would have matched 3 in last nights draw. Not worth a monkey's f*** in any event as you didnt have the bonus no.

They obviously represent the code to your safe or something like that :D

alarm code

Damo, we are all going round to yours

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I'm fairly sure this isn't the first time you've threatened to stop posting here. You could have chosen a better catalyst for the reprise though - you're totally in the wrong here as far as I can see, and now you seem determined to spoil this thread for the rest of us.

If I were moderator I would have banned you for a week for posting in this thread without a picture, as the OP clearly states. Your merging 'suggestion' could have easily been PM'd to nanook or muffler.

At this stage I'd probably just ban you outright for continuing to be a pain in the ass and schedule a parole hearing for sometime, whenever.

I think the NW mods are too soft tbh.

(photo of my sexy self attached :) ..I'll stick up a more 'normal' one if/when I get my hands on a camera)

Paddy20, that's a baseless and insulting statement. You don't know me, don't speak as though you do.

muffler wrote:
    They're the numbers from Lost ;)

(the guys in the show have to enter these numbers in a computer every so often or bad things might happen)

paddy i am going to ignore post 64 as agreed.

But we have been talking about this all of sunday evening and you are well aware of the rules, you live by the sword ...........

Paddy 20 banned for two weeks for two posts, post 74 and 76

Goodshape wrote:
    I think the NW mods are too soft tbh.
    Is this because of our surplus "muscles" that showed up in the pics. In nanooks case it was the 6 pack (that he swallowed). In my case I think it was the 2 six packs :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote:
    Is this because of our surplus "muscles" that showed up in the pics. In nanooks case it was the 6 pack (that he swallowed). In my case I think it was the 2 six packs :D:D

And the keg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Ok here's me :o

Am i right in assuming that you only have to post a pic once? :confused:

Eiretamicha I love your dress! And that picture is beautiful! :)

takola wrote:
    Once you have posted your pic you are now free to post as often as you like on this thread.
    Be careful though cause you are not allowed to comment on the fine 6 packs that the mods have :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Aw no!!!! That was my reason for posting a picture!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭eiretamicha

takola wrote:

Thank you!! :o

takola wrote:

Takola

one pic is all it takes for participation in this thread, welcome to the north west and have fun

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Me in front of Mannekin Pis in Brussels a fortnight ago today!

Yes.. i am kinda squinting but forgot to bring sunglasses - and need i mention my intolerance of natural sunlight? :D

... whoops, just did!

basquille wrote:
    Me in front of Mannekin Pis in Brussels a fortnight ago today!

Yes.. i am kinda squinting but forgot to bring sunglasses - and need i mention my intolerance of natural sunlight? :D

... whoops, just did!
    Why were you still wearing the pyjamas top :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

muffler wrote:
    Why were you still wearing the pyjamas top :D
    That was my onesie! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FunkyDa

Self portrait, on Portrane strand, north Co. Dublin. I'm a Dub, but FunkyMa is from Letterkenny(does that qualify me for this thread?).

qualified to post and to participate.

As long as you have a voice you are welcome

i refuse to let this one die, there are so many new members here so please, you want, post a pic here.

Remember the rules of this thread, not the north west but just this thread, if you do not post a pic you can not post on this thread.

Breaking the rules gets you a holiday

• Advertisement

nanook wrote:
    Breaking the rules gets you a holiday

Break the rules twice and you get a free season ticket to watch Sligo Rovers "play" :D

Advertisement