Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Super Rugby 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

It’s such a novelty to have a rugby competition end without playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

6 nations?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

It’s such a novelty to have a rugby competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

No one must be awake yet on this forum. Crusaders win NZ Super beating Higlanders 33-22.

https://youtu.be/a_P5ydfcu78

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

No one must be awake yet on this forum. Crusaders win NZ Super beating Higlanders 33-22.

https://youtu.be/a_P5ydfcu78

Great game, something to be said about daytime rugby. You wouldn't assume it was the middle of winter there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

hahashake wrote: »
    Great game, something to be said about daytime rugby. You wouldn't assume it was the middle of winter there!

Do you think daytime rugby is better than rugby under floodlights? Interesting that Lions tests in S. Africa 1997 were all under lights while 2009 games were in daytime. I can't find KO times for next year's tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Do you think daytime rugby is better than rugby under floodlights? Interesting that Lions tests in S. Africa 1997 were all under lights while 2009 games were in daytime. I can't find KO times for next year's tour.

Depends, however as most SRA games are played at night for the NH viewers it makes for a nice change. Shadows on the field can be a bit distracting but it definitely makes it more crowd friendly.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,988 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

FFS :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

https://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/the-blues-add-further-depth-to-their-back-row-with-the-signing-of-all-black-flanker-dillon-hunt/629425

The Blues have added to their back row stocks with outstanding North Harbour loose forward Dillon Hunt returning home to Auckland to join the Blues in Super Rugby after four seasons with the Highlanders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Anyone watching Brumbies v Western Force?
    Woman ref.

50-22 is in play. Good bit of kicking.
    I really like the rule.

North Island versus crusaders more like

NORTH ISLAND (1-15): Karl Tu'inukuafe, Asafo Aumua, Ofa Tuungafasi, Patrick Tuipulotu (c), Tupou Vaa'i, Akira Ioane, Ardie Savea, Hoskins Sotutu, TJ Perenara, Beauden Barrett, Caleb Clark, Anton Lienert-Brown, Rieko Ioane, Sevu Reece, Damian McKenzie

Reserves: Ash Dixon, Ayden Johnstone, Angus Ta'avo, Scott Scrafton, Dalton Papalioo, Aaron Smith, Peter Umaga-Jensen, Mitch Hunt

SOUTH ISLAND (1-15): Joe Moody, Codie Taylor, Nepo Laulala, Sam Whitelock (c), Mitchell Dunshea, Shannon Frizell, Tom Christie, Tom Sanders, Brad Weber, Richie Mo'unga, George Bridge, Jack Goodhue, Braydon Ennor, Will Jordan, Jordie Barrett

Reserves: Liam Coltman, George Bower, Tyrel Lomax, Manaaki Selby-Rickit, Dillion Hunt, Finlay Christie, Josh Ioane, Leicester Fainga'anuku

• Advertisement

Jordie put on the South side just so McKenzie could be FB for the north?

Basil3 wrote: »
    Jordie put on the South side just so McKenzie could be FB for the north?

Jordi first played for canturbery so he's south island, whereas Beauden first played for taranaki so he's north island.

Dmac is waikato so also North Island

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Jordi first played for canturbery so he's south island, whereas Beauden first played for taranaki so he's north island.

Dmac is waikato so also North Island

Ah OK, like Aussie League State of Origin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Looking forward to this game. Its shame its going to be behind closed doors.

I would have preferred if they had done it by where a player went to school but that would have stacked it massively in the North Island's favour. At a quick glance, I think only 5 or 6 of the South Island team went to school there. Plus Damien MacKenzie. Then there's Lomax and Frizzel who were both schooled overseas.

Aaron mauger has left the Highlanders after three years.

Pity, I thought there was definitely upward trajectory this season after losing so many established squad players over the last few seasons. I would have been quite happy to have seen him retained

So what's Joe Schmidt up to these days?
    That world rugby job would be a bit boring, wouldn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I'd say it's very boring, tedious and extremely detail focused.

So he's probably having the time of his life.

This looks like a class matchup

f8oifdts6as41.jpg

Aaron mauger has left the Highlanders after three years.

Pity, I thought there was definitely upward trajectory this season after losing so many established squad players over the last few seasons. I would have been quite happy to have seen him retained

Tony Brown might be taking over?

Or a Schmidt / Brown team?

Joe doing lots of Zoom presentations for Businesses

Tony Brown might be taking over?

Or a Schmidt / Brown team?

Joe doing lots of Zoom presentations for Businesses

I don't think Tony has the personality to be a head coach, but if he wants it sure why not, he's put enough time into the team.

The Schmidt mention was a bit of a joke really. I don't think the landers would be the team for him, and I'd imagine he'd be aiming higher, but hey, I'd be delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

This looks like a class matchup

f8oifdts6as41.jpg

Those aren't the line ups and they played in 1995.There is a lot of erroneous info in that picture.

• Advertisement

Good game so far. NZ really are spoiled for riches at fullback atm.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Good game so far. NZ really are spoiled for riches at fullback atm.

Some of the individual skill is just ridiculous

Jordi is showing a defensive masterclass from 15

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Really enjoying this. Some very questionable refereeing, but it hasn't impacted the quality of play, thankfully.

Oh my word!!!

Will Jordan superman

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

What a winner. Will Jordan has a bright future ahead of him in inter county football.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

That was sensational. Rugby from a different planet.

Can we have it every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Kuridrani just made a balls of what would've been an excellent try. Knocked on in the process of crossing the try line.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommybojangles

How were the players divided? Was in by where you're born or where you play now

• Advertisement

How were the players divided? Was in by where you're born or where you play now

I believe it was the first club they played for

Advertisement