Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dirty Water Coming From Tap?

Options
  • 07-08-2020 7:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭

I ran a bath the other day and I noticed the colour of the water was a dull, yellowish tint. I thought maybe it was whatever bath bomb my girlfriend used that may have been left behind but she told me she cleaned all of it the moment she got out. So I eliminated that.

Then I was washing my hands last night and the same colour was running into the sink.

I'm not drinking the stuff so I have nothing to worry about in that regard, but has anyone else around the city limits discovered this in their water? Particularly hot water.

Is it safe?

Do I need to ring someone about it?
    7JvuQNmh.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

If it's hot water, you'll need to check your water tank in the atic. Cold water will come directly from the mains.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Coming from cold as well. I've contacted IW about it. They said there were works being done in the area until 4pm and that it'll take time for the water to go back to normal

How accurate that is, I can't say, but it's been 20 hours and my water is still like this. So i don't know what else I can do besides keep checking.

They said to run it for 15 mins to see if it clears, I ran another bath last night and it was still bad (using both taps).

I'll give it 'til Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 31 niallhy

Have the same myself, it's definitely coming in from the mains as I checked it there..not sure if it's only one side of town as I live opposite to my in laws and they haven't noticed any difference in water quality.

niallhy wrote: »
    Have the same myself, it's definitely coming in from the mains as I checked it there..not sure if it's only one side of town as I live opposite to my in laws and they haven't noticed any difference in water quality.

Without detailing where I actually live, I'm in the north of the city. It's still dirty as well by the way.

Without detailing where I actually live, I'm in the north of the city. It's still dirty as well by the way.

Yeah I am in North of city too.

• Advertisement

niallhy wrote: »
    Yeah I am in North of city too.

Well do you know if yours has cleared up since? I don't think mines is as bad as it was. But it still isn't completely cleaned up

Well do you know if yours has cleared up since? I don't think mines is as bad as it was. But it still isn't completely cleaned up

Not as bad as it was but still noticeable that it's there.. hopefully be cleared up by next week or so.

Advertisement