Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,960 ✭✭✭✭event

https://www.facebook.com/WestcourtHotel

Up on their facebook, they are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭enricoh

I reckon it's going to be survival of the fittest in the hospitality industry.
    At least the ones in drogheda in general got a good twist out of the fleadh , it might help a few survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

enricoh wrote: »
    I reckon it's going to be survival of the fittest in the hospitality industry.
    At least the ones in drogheda in general got a good twist out of the fleadh , it might help a few survive.

Bru is another one that should have reopened at this stage and no sign of it

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

A lot of pubs now open too.
    Seem to think they're now gastro-pubs by getting a pizza in or a burger from a chipper .

Mother Hughes
    Barney Macs
    The Well
    Donaghys

All flouting the regulations by offering grub and a pint for a tenner .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Same in Ardee. A few offering takeaways from next door as the required meal.

• Advertisement

At least 3 pubs in Drogheda are offering this :

Sausage & Chips
    Burger & Chips
    Chicken & Chips

Any of the above with a pint for a tenner.

Considering the meal element has to cost at least €9 that means the pint is a euro .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Might as well open them all up to spread the load. No point packing them into a handful of pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Might as well open them all up to spread the load. No point packing them into a handful of pubs.

Either that or close them all again.

At least 3 pubs in Drogheda are offering this :

Sausage & Chips
    Burger & Chips
    Chicken & Chips

Any of the above with a pint for a tenner.

Considering the meal element has to cost at least €9 that means the pint is a euro .

I’d say the cost of the “meal” to the pub is less than €2.

A legal minefield I'd say .

What happens if someone is struck with food poisoning ?

No kitchen , no cooking or food refrigeration/storage facilities .

Can't just decide one day that your now a Pizzeria and not a pub !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,960 ✭✭✭✭event

And the VFI will be going mad when the opening of other pubs is put back again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pubs won't be reopening before schools imo. That will be the priority for the next two months.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if they reopen properly before Xmas, if not before a vaccine is found.

Bryanstown Social opens Wednesday 12 August

I’ll post a link later. Can’t do it from my mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Was the new café there at Bryanstown closed on Monday ?I was by after a spin on the bike around lunch time and there were no tables and chairs out front so I didn't stop and headed home.

Was the new café there at Bryanstown closed on Monday ?I was by after a spin on the bike around lunch time and there were no tables and chairs out front so I didn't stop and headed home.

I’m nearly certain it doesn’t open on a Monday. I’ll stick my head in tomorrow and check for sure. IIRC, the Brown Hound didn’t open on Mondays either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I’m nearly certain it doesn’t open on a Monday. I’ll stick my head in tomorrow and check for sure. IIRC, the Brown Hound didn’t open on Mondays either.

No, it doesn't open on Mondays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Pipmae wrote: »

Passed this place this morning, there seems to be quite a lot of work to be done.
    The photograph of the inside of the restaurant, in the link, must have been taken, when it was The Eastern Seaboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Pipmae wrote: »

Pricey menu that, 18 euro for a bacon cheeseburger:eek:

The menu looks great, plenty I like there. Will try it in a few weeks when they've settled in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭PGE1970

https://bryanstownsocial.ie/

€30 for wings to start and a cheeseburger!!

Is it 2006 again???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

PGE1970 wrote: »
    https://bryanstownsocial.ie/

€30 for wings to start and a cheeseburger!!

Is it 2006 again???

Wagyu tends to be a bit pricier

The burger at no3 in Collon was 17e, 18e for the veggie one. Its not cheap but I wouldnt say the prices are wild either. Assuming the food is quality

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

IvoryTower wrote: »
    The burger at no3 in Collon was 17e, 18e for the veggie one. Its not cheap but I wouldnt say the prices are wild either. Assuming the food is quality

I like no3 but they are overpriced. 8oz fillet there is 33 and I see in Bryanstown its 28.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭PGE1970

The €12 wings in Bryanstown would raise my eyebrows more.

€12 for a wings starter???

I'm reminded of this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 thebandit2020

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Passed this place this morning, there seems to be quite a lot of work to be done.
    The photograph of the inside of the restaurant, in the link, must have been taken, when it was The Eastern Seaboard.

I hope they take down the curtains!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Menu looks really good. Nice variety, pricey but not too pricey if the food matches the expectations the place is obviously laying out.

I think a decent place is charging €12-14 for a burger as a main course nowadays. €18 for a wagyu probably shows the level they're aiming for.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

PGE1970 wrote: »
    €12 for a wings starter???

That's crazy carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Any opinions on Dave's Diner on the Dublin road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭gipi

Any opinions on Dave's Diner on the Dublin road?

I've had breakfast there several times - no complaints from me! As well as set breakfasts, there's a "create your own" option where you can order what you want.

Their full breakfast costs 10 euro and is served on a metal plate, similar to those you'd see in prison canteens!

I haven't tried lunch yet

Advertisement