Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding insurance corona virus

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Did anyone lodge a claim with white horse/wedding insurance. Ie since the above posts?

Sadly have to go down this route and take them on through claim/appeals and ombudsman.

Lodge the claim, get refused, lodge the appeal get refused. Then take it to the ombudsman, get paid out. Takes a few weeks but this is what I did and the ombudsman ruled in our favour very quickly once the case was picked up by their office.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Prezatch wrote: »
    Lodge the claim, get refused, lodge the appeal get refused. Then take it to the ombudsman, get paid out. Takes a few weeks but this is what I did and the ombudsman ruled in our favour very quickly once the case was picked up by their office.

The fact you had to go to the ombudsman to get satisfaction is the very reason I detest insurance companies!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Brianmwalker

Prezatch, would you mind explaining what you claimed for? I've tried but I'm getting no place

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Is there any insurance company that people recommend, looking at booking for June but I've noticed very quickly that the T&Cs highlight more so whats not covered than what actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Prezatch, would you mind explaining what you claimed for? I've tried but I'm getting no place

I was claiming for lost deposits, photographer was unable to move to our new date for instance.

Also got money for bridal robes that were no longer suitable (they had the original date printed on them).

In total about €600

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

These posts reflect very poorly on the insurance industry.

Disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Brianmwalker

I was claiming for lost deposits, photographer was unable to move to our new date for instance.

Also got money for bridal robes that were no longer suitable (they had the original date printed on them).

In total about €600

Thanks, I'm hoping to get the venue deposit back. Can't have a 200 person wedding so moving venue for 20, family only but original Country House venue says deposits are non refundable. The insurance and hotel industry are pure robbers.

Advertisement