Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Knock/Eirtrade thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Inquitus wrote: »
    How are they making a profit out of this, with the number of A380's being grounded and indeed scrapped, the market for parts must be flooded?

They may not make huge profit initially, but there isn't really much of an alternative. Harvesting the green-time out of the engines will be valuable in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,866 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The alloy content alone must be worth a fair bit.

Also if AF (or the lessor) parked it up and left it to go derelict somewhere they'd still have to pay parking fees.

The engines are usually leased from the engine manufacturer so the scrappers don't get anything out of that (except presumably a fee for removing them)

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Inquitus wrote: »
    How are they making a profit out of this, with the number of A380's being grounded and indeed scrapped, the market for parts must be flooded?

At 35euro a keyring, quite easily i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

scudzilla wrote: »
    At 35euro a keyring, quite easily i'd say

That racket wont last and likely the scrap company sold on the section of fuselage to keyring company for normal value, nothing close to the 35 per keyring price.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭masit

Is the second A380 still coming tomorrow? Haven’t heard as much about it as the first 1.

• Advertisement

masit wrote: »
    Is the second A380 still coming tomorrow? Haven’t heard as much about it as the first 1.

I’m sorry I don’t know. I haven’t heard anything since the last information. If the weather is ok then there is a good chance it will. But as always as this is merely a delivery flight with no passengers waiting the days and times can change radically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

According to the Knock spotters Facebook group the flight has been cancelled until further notice.

Growler!!! wrote: »
    According to the Knock spotters Facebook group the flight has been cancelled until further notice.

Could you PM me a link to the Facebook group, or put up the link here?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭masit

Growler!!! wrote: »

Thanks, anyone know the reg so I can put it into flightradar alerts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Thanks, anyone know the reg so I can put it into flightradar alerts

Possibly F-HPJD

https://westernpeople.ie/2020/07/14/knock-airport-expecting-another-big-visitor/#.XzKSHChKiUk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

leex wrote: »

Yes, it is F-HPJD that's due to arrive next. It's currently in Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Joe390

Any word of the arrival today. I'm presuming it's canceled r thered be alot more hype I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Cancelled...if ya look at Google earth ya can see the A380 parked up in knock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Could you PM me a link to the Facebook group, or put up the link here?

Knock Airport - Runwayside!

Im assuming its a spotters group

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Joe390

Any new pictures of the a380 at knock or how are they getting on with it. Is the next one stopped altogether or where is it at the moment.

Joe390 wrote: »
    Any new pictures of the a380 at knock or how are they getting on with it. Is the next one stopped altogether or where is it at the moment.

Someone mentioned yesterday that they have a good start made on the right wing.
    The next one, F-HPJD, is still in Paris.

Taken today

eastmayo wrote: »
    Taken today

Looks like both wings will soon be gone...... Do you know if they have her gutted internally? It probably won't take too long once they get to the chopping stage....

hopeso wrote: »
    Looks like both wings will soon be gone...... Do you know if they have her gutted internally? It probably won't take too long once they get to the chopping stage....

Its hard to no but they have been doing alot off work on the inside the last month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Watched the recent BBC documentary (on youtube) about the death of the 747. It would be great if someone was capturing vids/pics of the process at Knock!

• Advertisement

Today's update on A380

Took another spin out here last weekend, sad and extraordinary sight for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Heard something big on it's approach to landing (low clouds did not allow me to see what). Some search led me to conclusion that was probably the last flight of TS-INB. Will go there tomorrow or Sunday to look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

joujoujou wrote: »
    Heard something big on it's approach to landing (low clouds did not allow me to see what). Some search led me to conclusion that was probably the last flight of TS-INB. Will go there tomorrow or Sunday to look around.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ts-inb

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

They are busy, I'd say. ;)

Last Friday:

dem1-phm.jpg

dem2-phm.jpg

dem3-phm.jpg

dem4-phm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭yew_tree

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

yew_tree wrote: »

As matter of interest... what kind of money is involved building same??

Also - so who owns the Hangar??? Knock or Eirtrade??

I said this before when we heard they were going to break an A380 but how is it allowable to do that work so close to live runway.
    Look at the amount of crap thrown around the place. They are on top of a hill in the west of Ireland. A gust of wind blowing something onto the runway could result in a major incident.
    The sooner this hanger is built, the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Noxegon

mickdw wrote: »
    I said this before when we heard they were going to break an A380 but how is it allowable to do that work so close to live runway.
    Look at the amount of crap thrown around the place. They are on top of a hill in the west of Ireland. A gust of wind blowing something onto the runway could result in a major incident.
    The sooner this hanger is built, the better.

Fortunately there are hardly any flights at Knock :)

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement

There will be a few from now til january

Advertisement