Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Identify insect

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Eh, almost, but not quite all.

Have you an Example of a spider that does not use venom to paralyse its prey? I've yet to hear of one. Pretty sure every species uses venom to neutralise its orey before consumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Youre a clown seriously. No read this nice and slowly so its sinks into your thick skull.
    The venom of a false widow is not toxic to kill however depending on how the persons body reacts to it. Some people have a much stronger immune system that it won't do any harm. However if someone takes an allergic reaction ti the venom it can do serious damage..... exactly like a bee sting or a wasp sting!!!
    Now if your thick skull cannot understand that then dont bother replying because I'm done dumbing myself down for a clown like you!!
    Lol, keep squirming and throwing insults if it makes you feel better, Im sure you'll convince the OP to let a venomous invasive species carry on breeding in his bedrooms like you originally suggested just like you would Im sure, clown indeed.

I thought about posting that but decided not to bother, brace yourself for a few pages of insults and squirming, this lad does not like being corrected :rolleyes:

Didn't know. Small amount of them about too. Thanks for the reply. And dont worry. I only throw insults at clowns with a low iq like the other lad.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Lol, keep squirming and throwing insults if it makes you feel better, Im sure you'll convince the OP to let a venomous invasive species carry on breeding in his bedrooms like you originally suggested just like you would Im sure, clown indeed.

Man you are triggered easily huh. You cried because I stated that its not a problem spider to have about and they dont bite as much as you think and you start about invasive etc.
    Go out and get the mosquitos too then pal. Seen as your so hell bent on killing bugs that don't harm us.

Didn't know. Small amount of them about too. Thanks for the reply. And dont worry. I only throw insults at clowns with a low iq like the other lad.
    The forum would be in a sorry state if it only ran on things you know wouldn't it? What relevance is the "small amount of them about"? Grow up and admit you were wrong like a good lad and dont be so pompous.
    Man you are triggered easily huh. You cried because I stated that its not a problem spider to have about and they dont bite as much as you think and you start about invasive etc.
    Go out and get the mosquitos too then pal. Seen as your so hell bent on killing bugs that don't harm us.
    Lol, still not wrapping your head around the whole breeding in your bedroom vs outside? Invasive species vs Native? No? Im not the one screeching and flinging insults around the place if you want to talk about triggered...

Thargor wrote: »
    The forum would be in a sorry state if it only ran on things you know wouldn't it? What relevance is the "small amount of them about"? Grow up and admit you were wrong like a good lad and dont be so pompous.

Lol, still not wrapping your head around the whole breeding in your bedroom vs outside? Invasive species vs Native? Im not the one screeching and flinging insults around the place if you want to talk about triggered...

Where was I wrong!? You know I am right!! They dont do any harm. Among being easily triggered you must have a ****e immune system too is that why you want to kill them?
    Feck off now pal. Youve brought the thread right down. Stay focused on why a tree lost its bark. Stoners like you will probably lose your mind when you realise a dying tree loses its bark!!! Similar to an old lad like yourself losing his marbles which seems to be the case here with you! Good luck

Where was I wrong!? You know I am right!! They dont do any harm. Among being easily triggered you must have a ****e immune system too is that why you want to kill them?
    Feck off now pal. Youve brought the thread right down. Stay focused on why a tree lost its bark. Stoners like you will probably lose your mind when you realise a dying tree loses its bark!!! Similar to an old lad like yourself losing his marbles which seems to be the case here with you! Good luck
    Oh yeah searching out another users previous posts is a sure sign of a non-triggered person isnt it? Along with another stream of cursing and insults...

Also the tree is still alive and was debarked by grey squirrels, another invasive species you'd be happy to have breeding in your bedroom Im sure... :D

Wrong again, he's going for the hat-trick!

False widows are not the deadly spiders they are sometimes thought to be.

Although false widows do have a venomous bite, the venom is not particularly potent. Usually the only symptom is pain at the site which may radiate away from the bite. It ordinarily lasts between one and 12 hours, and rarely for more than 24 hours.

Often, the symptoms are no worse than the pain of a wasp sting.

That is taken from a post on irish false widows proving me correct again!!
    As for your poxy tree there are numerous reasons it could be!
    1. Tree is simply dying
    2. Insect infestation leading to grubs destroying the bark for food.
    3 . Animals but a grey squirrel isn't doing all of that damage!!
    4. Its possible it has a disease
    5. As it grows taller it strips itself of bark like a snake losing its old skin!!!
    Again I've proved how remarkably sad you are to not see me proving you wrong!.
    Now of you wish to take it further then pm me because I wont be talked down to like that by a nonce hiding behind his phone thinking he's correct when he's wrong! Or you can remain the coward and keep babbling on. I dont see you giving out advice on this seems that you're a great troll though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Mod Note: Thread locked and two posters issued with bans for being uncivil, to put it mildly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement