Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rammstein Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

40K is similar to most of the venues they are playing .
    Milton Keynes only holds 30K ,Coventry would be similar.
    They are in Cardiff 3 days before Belfast so its not that far a journey ,they just take the ferry .

I know but the costs of shipping a band and their stage to mainland UK can be spread over all the gigs they do there. There's usually only one such gig on this island to absorb all those costs.
    Either way, we'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they had all this sussed out before they organised the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Kind of a side note - but the logistics implications and costs around the tour are considerable. I think they have 3 teams on the go. Check out the time lapse here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgGuRKgvWQ4

Lads, don't air your opinions about Belfast not being a great venue in the "Rammstein Belfast" thread. You'll be slaughtered for having an opinion :pac:

😂😂 I see what you mean!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

���� I see what you mean!!

I live in Tipp, you'd swear they thought I was a Dub with the way they went at me.

I live in Tipp, you'd swear they thought I was a Dub with the way they went at me.

It's Belfast or bust

• Advertisement

Belfast gig rescheduled to 12.06.21 - 360 days after it was supposed to be on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Ill take that! Now have to wait all over again :pac:

Just got the email. its on a Saturday now too which is dead handy. Although I may be out of pocket 50% of my current AirBnb unless their terms change.

I just got an email from Eventim about the reschedule. "All tickets will remain valid for the rescheduled shows" .... yeah it'd be great if I actually had tickets :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

I assume cancelled tickets will be made available for that soon... I'd love to pick up an extra Feuerzone ticket for the rescheduled date. I'm gonna keep my original but I can now bully my bf into going with me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Ostend is now the last date of the tour leg, quite happy with that.

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Ill take that! Now have to wait all over again :pac:

Ugh, it's depressing.
    I remember the day I bought the tickets and thought to myself "it's bleed'n ages away"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I'm also from Tipp too though and didn't share your views :pac:

Didn't have a ticket to the original show as I was due to be abroad but now I'd imagine it's on!

On the RDS talk, is it they couldn't half to blow up the place in around residential areas and such perhaps?

I'm also from Tipp too though and didn't share your views :pac:

Didn't have a ticket to the original show as I was due to be abroad but now I'd imagine it's on!

On the RDS talk, is it they couldn't half to blow up the place in around residential areas and such perhaps?

You should have shared my views....poor you :pac: :D

I didn't hear any reason as to why they didn't book the RDS. I think the Aviva would be a great venue for it. Plenty of opportunity for cool photos of flames shooting up through the lovely design of it.

Boucher Road is somewhat a residential area but moreso commercial.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

While belfast may be better for gigs (to some people), I always find that crowds are far smaller than they would be if a gig was in Dublin, particularly on a large outdoor event with only one show on the island. This being switched from a Wednesday to a Saturday is a way for them to attract more people from further away to attend the show. Itll likely work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

For most of Ireland we have to put up with Dublin as the default location for a gig, be it 3 Arena or Malahide Castle or Marley Park, it’s just the way things are

Being from the north west its an approx 3 hours journey whether its Belfast or Dublin, bother either way and a necessary evil no matter what you do.

We always have to consider if the cost of a bus/train and a hostel if needs be are worth the gig in the grand scheme of things, which if you live in Dublin you dont have to consider

If all gigs we in Athlone most of the country would have a 1.5 hour journey or thereabouts, but the world aint perfect so the main location of Dublin is just automatically where it’s at for many reasons

So for once as a change, it’s funny to see Dubliners have to take travel into account when most of us have to do it naturally

I didn't hear any reason as to why they didn't book the RDS. I think the Aviva would be a great venue for it. Plenty of opportunity for cool photos of flames shooting up through the lovely design of it.

At a complete guess, Id say margins come into it. Boucher road probably going for a song (see what I did there) compared to the Aviva and all the associated costs of policing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,520 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The Aviva is unavailable due to the European Championships .
    Its too big a venue capacity wise anyway ,rental would be high .

The RDS was the obvious reason ,but Aiken is a bit of a cheapskate so went for Belfast .
    There could be issues with the pyrotechnics ,they might be prohibited in the Republic.

The Aviva is unavailable due to the European Championships .
    Its too big a venue capacity wise anyway ,rental would be high .

The RDS was the obvious reason ,but Aiken is a bit of a cheapskate so went for Belfast .
    There could be issues with the pyrotechnics ,they might be prohibited in the Republic.

They had a lot of pyro in the O2 back in 2012 though. Just thinking about it, I can't believe it's been over 8 years since that gig! Feels like it was a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

I'd say cost has a big part to play in it. Probably why they play the likes of Milton Keynes and Coventry too.

They must have a huge production cost compared to most other bands.

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »
    I'd say cost has a big part to play in it. Probably why they play the likes of Milton Keynes and Coventry too.

They must have a huge production cost compared to most other bands.

I think it was in an interview with Flake where he said they have to work very hard in order to make a living and the cost of the live shows is huge. For the tour last year they had 30+ trucks on the road. Metallica had (I think) 2 stages on the go so the next one was being set up while they were getting ready for/playing a gig. I don't think it's the same with Rammstein, I think they just have the one stage.

Saw this on the logistics of the latest tour. Looks like they have 2 crews on the go with 60 trucks. Thats a lot of Diesel :) -

50 tons of equipment, 60 trucks: Rammstein's tour of superlatives
    Update: June 17th . For Till Lindemann, the past concert in the Rostock Baltic Stadium was a real home game. Among other things, the Rammstein singer grew up in the city in Mecklekburg-Vorpommern. Before the show on Sunday (June 16) yesterday, the 56-year-old strolled through his old residential area with singer Marteria.

Next up is Rammstein in Denmark. Copenhagen is waiting for the boys on Wednesday (June 19) to travel through Europe with a superlative stage production. The band travels across the continent on two identical stages. During the show in one city, the other stage is set up at the next venue.

"It is one of the largest stages currently on the move," the band is quoted on the Facebook page "Rammstein Belgium". It is 24 meters wide, 15 meters high and impresses with a pure steel construction. The other numbers are tough too.

400 people work on setting up the stage every day. 100 loudspeakers are hung up. 50 tons of equipment are pulled up on 120 motors for each concert. The music system is a proud 380,000 watts. So you could still hear Rammstein in Dresden ten kilometers away.

60 trucks are required for each concert, which alone transport the accompanying power plants. "These are two megawatt units that pull around 1000 liters of diesel per show." These are required so that the electricity in the respective city does not run out during the Rammstein concerts.

"Most of the productions today look like television studios. Even the rock concerts. Ice cold. That's the way it works. But not at Rammstein," it says. And this gigantic production experience 30,000 to 50,000 people every time. Almost one million fans are expected at the 30 concerts of their stadium tour.

https://www.msl24.de/promis/rammstein-tour-2021-coronavirus-tickets-till-lindemann-europa-termine-11880734.html

Yeah....30+ trucks is right :pac:

ah i wasnt having a go. Just fascinated by the machine behind the band.

ah i wasnt having a go. Just fascinated by the machine behind the band.

I know, I was actually taking the piss out of my own previous post :D

I was slightly off with 30+ trucks hah

Doing the gigs this way, less gigs with more consolidated crowds must be better for them financially.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well that's something to look forward to!

We might even get 2 album tours in one at the Belfast gig if and when it happens!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I saw them in Paris in 2019 just after the last album came out so would be happy enough to see some new songs on the setlist when they finally play Belfast.

Advertisement