Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Directory of Swimming Pools, Clubs & Lessons

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Snap Happy

Children's Swiming Teaching Classes (Dublin 7)
    Thursdays 4.30-5.15 & 5.15-6.00
    Unfortunately full for beginners (arm bands)
    But there are spaces left for improves (able to swim one width and better)
    St Josephs swimming pool (In the deaf school) Dublin 7

Check out
    https://www.facebook.com/SwimClassD7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Can anyone recommend 1 to 1 swimming lessons in Portlaoise please

• Registered Users Posts: 5 davideric8100

Learning how to swimming doesn't have to be boring or traumatic but can actually be many fun, if the right strategy to diving training is used.I recently learning the butterfly stroke.Have you anyone experience in it...???

above ground pools

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

Hi

I'm based in the Lucan area of West Dublin and am in search of 1 to 1 swimming lessons. I'm more than a "beginner" and would classify myself as an "intermediate" swimmer, where I can do the front crawl and back stroke within my depth. I have attended group swimming lessons at different times over the past few years, which has gone a long way to improving my technique and confidence. However I have come to the conclusion that the only way I will take things to the next level of being able to breath, and swim / thread out of my depth, I will need 1 to 1 lessons, where the instructor gets into the water with me when in the deep end.

Can anyone recommend 1 to 1 swimming instructors in the general West Dublin region?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tony Chelsea

I am trying to find out if anyone knows any swimming instructor whom will give 1 to 1 swimming lessons in the Druids Glen resort in Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow. I had some lessons last year and I am still a beginner. I am finding it difficult to find instructors who are willing to give private lessons in Druids Glen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Snap Happy

Childrens swimming lessons (School going children)
    St Joesphs Deaf boys swimming pool
    Navan Road

www.facebook.com/SwimClassD7

Term 1 : Jan 16, 23, 30 Feb 6, 13 & 20
    Term 2 : Feb27, Mar 6, 13, 27 Apr3 & 10
    Term 3 : May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 &Jun 5

photo.php?fbid=492191967563589&set=pb.303593406423447.-2207520000.1388586842.&type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ray269

Taken from this weeks Southside people....

Monkstown Lifesaving Club has places available for new members.

Children and adults welcome

This is the year you could learn to save a life, learn to swim, develop the skills to save a drowning person, and gain the knowledge to perform CPR and First Aid.

Email: info @ monkstownlsc.com
    Phone: 087 11 777 01
    Web: monkstownlsc.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Anyone if there is someone that can do private lessons around Naas? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MaryGreen

Very helpful thread! I've found all the info I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Swimming lessons in Northside swimming pool (Shopping centre!)

Lessons on a Thursday and Friday afternoon.
    from 2+ years..

Classes are 3pm, 3.40, 4.20 and 5pm on both days!

Contact 089 202 0759

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

where can I find information about adult intermediate group swimming lessons very hard to find info about this online. Northside Coolock. Just rang no answer. No info online.

I contacted http://learntoswim.ie/ which do lessons, submitted form but no reply yet, would I have to join gym to use pool outside of lessons?, there no info on westwood site, Want you to send off for brochure. Why can't they just give the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Hi,

I am looking for 1 to 1 swimming lessons in the D15 area for a very nervous beginner. I have the name down for Aura De Paul on the Navan road buts theres 33 people ahead of me on the list. Can anyone recommend anyone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Julissa Sticky Poem

Looks like Ben Dunnes pool is Northwood is consigned to history

RTE story
    Jacuzzis, steam rooms and swimming pools "are gone" and are "a thing of the past" in Ben Dunne's network of gyms as a result of Covid-19.

That is according to the well known businessman who said that he will be doing well if half his 10 gyms re-open due to his stance on safety.

In an interview Mr Dunne ruled out pools, jacuzzis and steam rooms featuring in any re-opening.

He said: "No more swimming pools, jacuzzis, steam rooms - they are gone. A thing of the past because you can’t socially distant in them - impossible."

He's been looking to close that pool for years but kept it open because of opposition from the membership, I guess this is his chance now.

Advertisement