Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard or Digital piano

• 20-04-2020 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi there,

When I was a young lad played in a brass band, tried the clarinet aswell but gave it all up. Looking to get back playing and want to try my hand at the piano.

Currently renting so won't be getting a tradiontal piano.

Questio is which is better to keyboard or a digital piano going this route as you can use headphones or external speakers.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

not sure what headphones/external speakers have to do with it.
    most keyboards and digital pianos will have both internal speakers and a socket for headphones/speakers.
    a ‘proper’ digital piano will be relatively large (88 keys)
    a keyboard is potentially smaller, cheaper, or at the other end, has more functions.

i went back to the piano after a long break, started with a yamaha p45 (got me through grade 3), and upgraded to an acoustic piano when i felt i was going to stick with it

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bigdaddymac

bbbbb wrote: »
    not sure what headphones/external speakers have to do with it.
    most keyboards and digital pianos will have both internal speakers and a socket for headphones/speakers.
    a ‘proper’ digital piano will be relatively large (88 keys)
    a keyboard is potentially smaller, cheaper, or at the other end, has more functions.

i went back to the piano after a long break, started with a yamaha p45 (got me through grade 3), and upgraded to an acoustic piano when i felt i was going to stick with it

headphones and speakers have a lot to do it maybe if you read my post right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

if you want to play piano, buy a digital piano. weighted keys, full sized keyboard and all that good stuff.

if you want to play piano, buy a digital piano. weighted keys, full sized keyboard and all that good stuff.

This x2. Very few so-called "keyboards" have a decent weighted action.

I keep a Nord 6 HP which has half-weighted and it does me fine for playing out (and I use the synth/organ suite too so a good compromise) but still well off fully weighted keys.

Advertisement