Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 UK Open

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Wade looks like he couldn't be bothered in opening legs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Unlucky for McKinstry 4-0 up and lost 10-8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Gurney punishes Wright's poor finishing to win 10-6. Wright was 5-3 up then lost 5 on the bounce, 4 of which he had darts at a double only for Gurney to mop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Price is some man for hitting the turbo in the last leg or two. So often he’s behind all the way until the end.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I can't see past either MvG or Price winning it now. One of Jamie Hughes or Johnny Clayton will be in the semi finals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Ya mvg on a mission it seems , averaged 110 against Wade I think ?

Hopefully we can get him an price in the final as any of the rest will buckle against mvg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Gurney into the semi's, 10-9 victory over Klaasen.

Price and Van Gerwen cruised to earlier victories. Hope the battle of the outsiders is a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Another 110 average over 14 legs for mvg. Really hope Gurney gets knocked out next, so hard to watch him

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Could be an MvG v Price final as they've avoided each other in the semis. Gurney plays MvG and Price plays an extremely lucky Johnny Clayton.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

9 darter for MVG v Gurney.
    7-2 up, averaging just the 115.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

9 darter for MVG v Gurney.
    7-2 up, averaging just the 115.

He’s on fire, potential for an incredible final

TbL

Clinical stuff here from Price.

Price throwing this away. Should have won by now.

Clinical stuff here from Price.

Forget that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Van G will take that thank you very much Price just blew it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

Van Gerwen was getting roasted and came back after being second best and I think partly down to his gurning/angry faces and aggressive faces he makes.

I use to think it was to G himself up but it's very clearly also to put his opponent off as it's not a natural instinct.

For the photo's at the end he was able to turn it on and off like a light switch showing its not entirely natural as such.

He's very clever he doesn't do it in their face but he make sures they notice so can't get accused of gamesmanship as its not in their face like Cadby for example

Even 5-1 down he started to do it playing poorly, and it certainly affected Price.

The best player in the World making aggressive gurning faces can be intimidating he's saying I'm mad I got you now, no matter how good you throw I'm pizzed and will beat you.

Puts Price off slightly his form drops and ends up in him losing despite being the better player on the night.

He has beat Price/Anderson/Wright all on nights they were better than him by having that slight mental age.

Being World number 1 is a HUGE boost to him and he plays on it brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Van Gerwen was getting roasted and came back after being second best and I think partly down to his gurning/angry faces and aggressive faces he makes.

I use to think it was to G himself up but it's very clearly also to put his opponent off as it's not a natural instinct.

For the photo's at the end he was able to turn it on and off like a light switch showing its not entirely natural as such.

He's very clever he doesn't do it in their face but he make sures they notice so can't get accused of gamesmanship as its not in their face like Cadby for example

Even 5-1 down he started to do it playing poorly, and it certainly affected Price.

The best player in the World making aggressive gurning faces can be intimidating he's saying I'm mad I got you now, no matter how good you throw I'm pizzed and will beat you.

Puts Price off slightly his form drops and ends up in him losing despite being the better player on the night.

He has beat Price/Anderson/Wright all on nights they were better than him by having that slight mental age.

Being World number 1 is a HUGE boost to him and he plays on it brilliantly.

Not sure if you’re being entirely serious but a few facial contortions pales into insignificance when Price launches into his full demented chimp routine

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭boomdocker

There was a pivotal moment when Price missed a bunch of darts to go 8-5 up
    He would have known how important that was and wobbled from there on
    MvG has so much experience on the big stage and has always been really good at hitting the turbo at the right times, which is exactly what he did after being gifted that leg
    I say fair play to Price - apart from Snakebite he seems to be the only one that can consistently challenge MvG (although I put Aspinall in that bracket if he continues on his current trajectory) - just needs to somehow capitalise better on those pivotal moments

Not sure if you’re being entirely serious but a few facial contortions pales into insignificance when Price launches into his full demented chimp routine

TbL

Oh rumbled no I'm not serious just trying out material for next stand up routine.

Yes Price does crap as well (not as bad as Michael) but here's the thing as I said if you even bothered to read my post is

Michael is World number 1 for years and years now.

He knows how to intimidate up there with his deranged faces and knowing the best player in the World is pised off (or at least seems to be) is a major factor in him putting enormous pressure on opponents and them missing doubles giving him chances to win legs back and break throws.

It's very clearly strategy.

Many of them do it but none as good as Michael, the fact he's recognised as the best player in the World is huge.

You honestly think it's all natural reaction even when it's just scoring a 180 or something trivial to him?.

Like Balls it is .

MvG is looking for a challenge, he’s been going through the motions a lot of the time. He barely acknowledged his 9 darter yesterday.
    He is phenomenal but needs to be kept interested.
    Price and Wright have stepped up to the plate so you will probably see a lot more of the fist pumping van Gerwen going forward. Darts is getting out of a little slump it has had over the last few years.

• Advertisement

MvG is looking for a challenge, he’s been going through the motions a lot of the time. He barely acknowledged his 9 darter yesterday.
    He is phenomenal but needs to be kept interested.
    Price and Wright have stepped up to the plate so you will probably see a lot more of the fist pumping van Gerwen going forward. Darts is getting out of a little slump it has had over the last few years.

He has one in Price,

Price lets him get in his head.

Price most improved player I've ever seen. Incredible player but he kinda has that Van Gerwen jink that he believes Mike will come back, have a purple patch etc etc.

Mike also knows the gurning stuff puts him off ever so slightly too!.

Advertisement