Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to beat the January Blues??

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Asitis2019

I always find booking the Summer holidays in January gives a little lift and something to look forward to. Booked ours last week and now the summer doesn't feel so far away.

I thought Mosney was closed

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Asitis2019 wrote: »
    I thought Mosney was closed

Right I’ll bite. Is that meant to be funny?

Loughc wrote: »
    Right I’ll bite. Is that meant to be funny?

Yeah, it is.

To me anyway

MOD NOTE: Completely off topic. Please read the forum charter before posting in this forum again. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Well as we come to the end of January 2020 (hooray!!) how was it for you?

Did the post Christmas blues hit you hard? If so what helped to get you through it?

If they didnt, any idea what helped keep them away? Or would you not tend to get January/post christmas blues anyway?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »

Did the post Christmas blues hit you hard? If so what helped to get you through it?

If they didnt, any idea what helped keep them away? Or would you not tend to get January/post christmas blues anyway?

Haven't really thought about it too much, which in itself, would lead me to think I fall into the latter camp. I guess having the whole two weeks off and the fact things have been pretty hectic since New Years, I haven't had much time to get the blues. With Feb and Spring (or last month of Winter if you're that way inclined) on the horizon, days getting longer etc I'm thinking more of the summer now then Winter/Christmas.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I don't really get them unless it's a particularly wet or dark month. The bright, sunny days and having something planned every weekend however small helped. The wait for payday was a bit tough but sure you just have to get creative with whatever's in the freezer/presses which is no harm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I've found this week the hardest for some reason - feel like it's dragged big time. But generally as a month, it's been grand. We've a lot on in Feb so I suspect the next month will fly by!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have found this week a bit draggy also.

I kept busy for the month with my kitchen project. I think planning things for later in the year always helps. I also spent a good bit of time looking at holiday websites. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It’s funny how time is viewed. I thought this week was a super quick week!!

Been a really busy month for me. But about 3 times in the month I thought oh wow I really missed Christmas. It kinda creeped up on me. The idea it might snow made me long for time off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    It’s funny how time is viewed. I thought this week was a super quick week!!

Been a really busy month for me. But about 3 times in the month I thought oh wow I really missed Christmas. It kinda creeped up on me. The idea it might snow made me long for time off.

Agree about January going fast, I've been out the door with work since the first day back and the weeks have zipped by, this week went in the blink of an eye and I had to work late 3 times too...
    This has easily been the fastest January I can remember. No complaints mind.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

What an end to January. Well I got some bug /flu this week. Been off since Tuesday. I thought I was gettting back to myself this morning and I actually got worse. No concentration for TV or reading. Please let me feel better again by tomorrow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's over. :):)

Feel better soon, Postgrad10!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

DvB wrote: »

Previous years I know it has hit me but it was certainly brighter this year and it went by alot quicker
    these are some of the things I have been doing ...
    I started walking a minimum of 30 minutes hail rain or shine since the 28th December getting out every day since accept for storm Brendan
    I have been using a salt lamp too at home that I was given as a Christmas gift
    I also started the salt caves for sinus/asthma problems New Years Eve doing 3 sessions together then one a week
    I didn't go hell for leather dry January I had a prosecco brunch with a pal
    another weekend in January I had a tipple or two of prosecco too at home
    Had a mid week meal out at our favourite Indian restaurant
    In January it was our 13 year anniversary with himself
    I had tickets to a comedy gig for 10th January
    Met up with a friend
    Booked a trip to Liverpool with friends in March

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Previous years I know it has hit me but it was certainly brighter this year and it went by alot quicker
    these are some of the things I have been doing ...
    I started walking a minimum of 30 minutes hail rain or shine since the 28th December getting out every day since accept for storm Brendan
    I have been using a salt lamp too at home that I was given as a Christmas gift
    I also started the salt caves for sinus/asthma problems New Years Eve doing 3 sessions together then one a week
    I didn't go hell for leather dry January I had a prosecco brunch with a pal
    another weekend in January I had a tipple or two of prosecco too at home
    Had a mid week meal out at our favourite Indian restaurant
    In January it was our 13 year anniversary with himself
    I had tickets to a comedy gig for 10th January
    Met up with a friend
    Booked a trip to Liverpool with friends in March

I know it's not Christmassy, but if your getting into the salt caves, check out the ones in Romania, where i believe it's huge there. Maybe a little trip in the not so distant future for yourself, if it looks appealing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

gidget wrote: »
    I know it's not Christmassy, but if your getting into the salt caves, check out the ones in Romania, where i believe it's huge there. Maybe a little trip in the not so distant future for yourself, if it looks appealing!

Is there Christmas markets there :)

Advertisement