Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Applying for PR 2020

• 03-01-2020 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've lived in Toronto for over a year now with 8 months left on my visa. Would like to start the PR process asap. Will be doing the Express Entry Canadian Experience route, is that correct? I've a degree and work in software. 1 yr + Canadian experience.

I'll need to do the WES for my qualifications, medical etc but should I create a profile first or wait until I have a few things together.

What order did you guys do this? What police cert do I need to provide? I provided one for everywhere I lived before moving here, then I've only lived here. Seems like duplicate work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

jme2010 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've lived in Toronto for over a year now with 8 months left on my visa. Would like to start the PR process asap. Will be doing the Express Entry Canadian Experience route, is that correct? I've a degree and work in software. 1 yr + Canadian experience.

Express Entry is the way. There is also Ontario PNP but if you think you have enough points (450-ish) to get selected then there's no point in looking at PNP.
    I'll need to do the WES for my qualifications, medical etc but should I create a profile first or wait until I have a few things together.

You will need to get English test results and I think education assessment done before you can open a profile. (Technically if you qualify for CEC then you don't need education assessed but more than likely you will need the points from it). Once profile is complete and you are in the pool, then you are selected from the pool (assuming you have enough points). Once selected, that's when the medical is done, police certs/job references etc.. are submitted (there's a document checklist generated for each applicant). You will also have to pay the application processing fee and you can also pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee at this point (or leave it until they have finished processing your application).

Do not do your medical until requested to - otherwise it'll expire and you'll have to pay for it again.

What order did you guys do this? What police cert do I need to provide? I provided one for everywhere I lived before moving here, then I've only lived here. Seems like duplicate work?

You can submit the previously submitted certs for places that you haven't lived in since it was issued. So if the one issued in Ireland was issued before you left for Canada then you will need a new one from Ireland.

With only 8 months left on your IEC, I would get a move on. WES are quoting 7 weeks for credential review and there could be back log for English test appointments. Once you have a full application submitted, you can apply for a bridging work permit but that's just more fees.

Advertisement