15-09-2020, 15:28   #3091
DopeTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz_ View Post
I’m currently On Turkish Netflix . I need to change credit card details on my account . Does anyone know of this will cause issues ? Thanks
It may or may not. Plenty have changed without an issue. I wasn't so lucky though. Had to cancel my bank card recently, after I tried updating Netflix and it wouldn't accept any of about 6 cards from me and other family members with or without vpn. Support were no help so I had to sign up for a brand new account. Even then my card wasn't accepted but my wife's one was.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-09-2020, 15:38   #3092
Pacifico

My Revolut card expires in 2024...here's hoping for 4 years of cheap Netflix
15-09-2020, 15:51   #3093
Danmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifico View Post
My Revolut card expires in 2024...here's hoping for 4 years of cheap Netflix
Did you have any trouble with Netflix accepting revolut, I have old account and tried to get Turkey version but wont accept revolut card
15-09-2020, 17:29   #3094
mad m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danmj View Post
Did you have any trouble with Netflix accepting revolut, I have old account and tried to get Turkey version but wont accept revolut card
Glance back at a few pages
15-09-2020, 18:36   #3095
Danmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad m View Post
Glance back at a few pages
Got onto chat and asked them to reset payment details account but was told they cant do that told me to try again after 22hrs will have to wait for different Netflix support person will try again tomorrow
Advertisement
15-09-2020, 20:00   #3096
Pacifico

Quote:
Nope but I set this up nearly 2 years ago
15-09-2020, 20:06   #3097
paska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz_ View Post
I’m currently On Turkish Netflix . I need to change credit card details on my account . Does anyone know of this will cause issues ? Thanks
I am using revolut and changed on the Sept 10th to a new revolut card and all is OK for now
15-09-2020, 20:38   #3098
Sleeper12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulpit
Steps I followed ages ago: Sign up for Netflix in Ireland. Add your preferred card (Revolut or Curve if possible for better exchange rates) Add your telephone number Cancel subscription and leave it expire Once expired, use a VPN or change your exit hosts in Tor browser to login from Turkey (which is still, I think, the cheapest) Try to sign up. Enter your pre-existing login details and it should offer you the 3 tiers priced in Turkish Lira (or whichever local currency applies). Pick the tier you want and subscribe. The payment should process no issues, and you can then disconnect from your VPN - you won't need it again. The price paid monthly will obviously vary each month due to the fluctuations in exchange rates, but should be much cheaper. Hope this helps!

They now require that you have a local phone number. They send a code to this number & you need to to continue with the new country. At least this was the case for me for Mexico.
16-09-2020, 16:25   #3099
carazeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper12 View Post
Revolut. Bought a mexican sim on Amazon and I was able to verify with a mexican number. Not as easy as before but still possible
Would you remember which sim card you got by any chance, and did you need to get a pre-paid one? I've a few days before my Netflix expires so I was thinking I might order a sim in case a mobile number will be required. Many of the Mexican sims I looked at on amazon didn't look like they would work outside of mexico.
Advertisement
16-09-2020, 19:44   #3100
frash

Why Mexico?
Is Turkey not working anymore?
16-09-2020, 20:39   #3101
Sleeper12

Quote:
Originally Posted by carazeb
Would you remember which sim card you got by any chance, and did you need to get a pre-paid one? I've a few days before my Netflix expires so I was thinking I might order a sim in case a mobile number will be required. Many of the Mexican sims I looked at on amazon didn't look like they would work outside of mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frash
Why Mexico? Is Turkey not working anymore?

Frash got in before me. When my Mexican money runs out I'll be looking at Turkey unless currency rates change. I'm not sure how difficult it is to source a Turkish SIM card from Ireland though
Thanks from:
16-09-2020, 21:39   #3102
mad m

Quote:
Got onto chat and asked them to reset payment details account but was told they cant do that told me to try again after 22hrs will have to wait for different Netflix support person will try again tomorrow
Same happened to me, went on chat early one morning and got sorted.
17-09-2020, 08:04   #3103
frash

Are you asked for a phone number for Turkey now too??
Mine is due to expire on Saturday (I couldn't get it to take a card last month so had to pay full again but now I have a Curve ready to try).
18-09-2020, 09:51   #3104
Old Jim

Quote:
Same here. Waited the 24hrs and got back onto them on chat. Still no joy though. Blamed the bank and told me to buy a gift card instead or somehow pay though vodafone. Not sure how to get Turkish Netflix now. Should I have clicked "Reset my payment details" when setting you the chat?
18-09-2020, 10:17   #3105
Zapy

Similar situation to most on here, but got everything sorted via live chat support.

My wifes revolut card had a dodgy transaction, so card was cancelled. I forgot all about the Netflix subscription (paid in Turkish Liras) which was being deducted from her card each month. So the Netflix payment failed last week and the service stopped. I jumped onto my Turkey via VPN and tried to switch over to my revolut card, but no joy. Also tried switching to KBC and Ulster bank debit cards but again no joy. Then I turned off VPN and tried all cards again, but still no luck.

Then I tried the live chat and told them I was having issues trying to pay.
She asked what country I was in...I said Turkey.
She asked if I was using a VPN...I said No...I was of course logged into the chat session via VPN to turkey.
Then up popped a form, I banged in my revolut details and payment goes through straight away in Turkish Liras!

Did I just get lucky??

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion