12-11-2020, 10:30   #586
nibtrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarMonster View Post
While renting Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP device, PEI offer myPatientSpace app.

If you buy, you dont have access to this and the Resmed App (myAir™ for Air10™ by ResMed) is not available in Ireland(!), so only option is to use resmed website.

Wondering if anyone has experience where they bought the machine and if the website (instead of the app) is useful?
Thanks.
You should be able to remove the SD card from the machine, plug into your laptop or desktop (provided you have an SD slot or card reader) and access the data using a non-Resmed app - I've seen Sleepyhead recommended on various sites.
It's not as quick and easy as checking on the app, but you will get far, far more data. The myPatientSpace app shows the absolute minimum of data, not to mention that it only shows the last 20 days so you can't even look back to compare to previous results.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-11-2020, 10:45   #587
OscarMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibtrix View Post
You should be able to remove the SD card from the machine, plug into your laptop or desktop (provided you have an SD slot or card reader) and access the data using a non-Resmed app - I've seen Sleepyhead recommended on various sites.
It's not as quick and easy as checking on the app, but you will get far, far more data. The myPatientSpace app shows the absolute minimum of data, not to mention that it only shows the last 20 days so you can't even look back to compare to previous results.
Thanks nibtrix. Yes - I've seen Oscar seems to be its successor (since Sleepyhead was discontinued). I liked what I saw with the Resmed app, and thought an app would be a lot easier that removing the SD card each day. At least could pinpoint an issue like leaking mask (or whatever might come up) easily on phone.

Given the single distributor, then I guess this makes sense, if they are using their own app (incentive to keep on their rental). Thanks.
14-11-2020, 14:44   #588
beerguts

Thanks for all the advise guys. It really helped me take the step in buying my own machine. I bought an airsence 10 from www.cpapstore.eu with humidifier as an option as well. Great price of just over €800 which is around 9 months of my current rental costs. I probably wont burn my bridges with my current supplier in the hope that if i need supplies quickly I can purchase off them.

To think we pay some of the highest healthcare costs in the world through our taxes and we then have to source our own medical devices over the internet to keep our personal costs down....Beggars belief
Thanks from:
15-11-2020, 08:09   #589
Cushtie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarMonster View Post
Thanks nibtrix. Yes - I've seen Oscar seems to be its successor (since Sleepyhead was discontinued). I liked what I saw with the Resmed app, and thought an app would be a lot easier that removing the SD card each day. At least could pinpoint an issue like leaking mask (or whatever might come up) easily on phone.

Given the single distributor, then I guess this makes sense, if they are using their own app (incentive to keep on their rental). Thanks.
You can get into the clinical menu on that also and set it to display extra info on the sleep report screen. You can set it then to view, 1 day, 7 days etc. No as handy as the app, and it doesn't give you the "score" percentage but gives the rest of the info you normally get on the app.
Thanks from:
15-11-2020, 16:48   #590
stayback

I found a website rapidcpapmask.com they only deliver within the USA but I use address pal from An Post and for €15.99 it’ll be delivered. Prices are very reasonable.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-11-2020, 17:38   #591
nibtrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayback View Post
I found a website rapidcpapmask.com they only deliver within the USA but I use address pal from An Post and for €15.99 it’ll be delivered. Prices are very reasonable.
What about customs/VAT charges? When you add them on top of the price is it still reasonable? (Not having a go, just wondering!)
19-11-2020, 21:32   #592
Fathom

Content and context of this thread has been interesting. May suggest a practical article? Of course, posters anonymous.
25-11-2020, 15:50   #593
OscarMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerguts View Post
Thanks for all the advise guys. It really helped me take the step in buying my own machine. I bought an airsence 10 from with humidifier as an option as well. Great price of just over €800 which is around 9 months of my current rental costs. I probably wont burn my bridges with my current supplier in the hope that if i need supplies quickly I can purchase off them.

To think we pay some of the highest healthcare costs in the world through our taxes and we then have to source our own medical devices over the internet to keep our personal costs down....Beggars belief
Am thinking of doing the same, with cpapstore.eu too. Seems like crazy (2-2.5 times cost) prices involved locally. Were you happy with them, beerguts?
26-11-2020, 06:25   #594
Samuel T. Cogley

Apologies if this has been asked an answered but just stumbled across this thread.

I'm with ResMed. I'm on a heap of other medications so I get the vast majority of my rental back but there is a small shortfall through DPS (I'm at the payment limit). I *think* I pay about €110 a month and get €100 back. A while a go I declined to go on to BiPAP as the monthly rental is so much more expensive and I was bloody useless at claiming back through DPS.

Does anyone know how much DPS give you back for BiPAP?

TIA

Last edited by Samuel T. Cogley; 26-11-2020 at 06:31.
Advertisement
26-11-2020, 10:54   #595
nibtrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel T. Cogley View Post
Apologies if this has been asked an answered but just stumbled across this thread.

I'm with ResMed. I'm on a heap of other medications so I get the vast majority of my rental back but there is a small shortfall through DPS (I'm at the payment limit). I *think* I pay about €110 a month and get €100 back. A while a go I declined to go on to BiPAP as the monthly rental is so much more expensive and I was bloody useless at claiming back through DPS.

TIA
You should be able to claim back everything over the €114 monthly limit (was €124 until this month) when you combine the cost of your medications and a CPAP machine. Unfortunately I can't find any mention of whether a BiPAP machine is also covered, the DPS website doesn't cover it.

Were you getting the BiPAP from Resmed, or from another supplier? They should be able to tell you if it's covered in the same way.
Thanks from:
26-11-2020, 13:17   #596
Samuel T. Cogley

I've a shortfall of what the DPS will pay vs what Resmed charge. They told me they only cover upto a certain amount for services. I never switched over to the bipap. Really should ring them again.
26-11-2020, 14:11   #597
Samuel T. Cogley

Well DPS couldn't tell me... told me to look at the HSE website refundable items but I cant find CPAP let alone BiPAP.
26-11-2020, 16:41   #598
T-Bird

Quote:
Well DPS couldn't tell me... told me to look at the HSE website refundable items but I cant find CPAP let alone BiPAP.
This?

https://www2.hse.ie/services/drugs-p...CPAP-or-oxygen
26-11-2020, 17:13   #599
Odyssey 2005

Quote:

TIA
€110 pm. I'm paying€96 pm.
26-11-2020, 18:02   #600
Samuel T. Cogley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey 2005 View Post
€110 pm. I'm paying€96 pm.
Through quite a long story I've ended up on the very expensive track. Service is impeccable though so I don't really want to move.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion