Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drain cover missing - Ballinteer Road

• 15-10-2020 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,008 ✭✭✭✭

As you can see from the attached photos, there is a drain cover missing on Ballinteer Avenue, right outside the Coach House pub. This a hazard for cyclists.

Can you please get this fixed.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 485 Verified rep Irish Water: Allanah

Hi AndrewJRenko,

Thanks for your message.

We recommend that you report this to the Roads and Drainage Department of your Local Authority as they are responsible for the maintenance of this infrastructure.

Thanks,
    Allanah

• Registered Users Posts: 28,008 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Hi AndrewJRenko,

Thanks for your message.

We recommend that you report this to the Roads and Drainage Department of your Local Authority as they are responsible for the maintenance of this infrastructure.

Thanks,
    Allanah

I already contacted DLR. They told me to contact you.

• Company Representative Posts: 485 Verified rep Irish Water: Allanah

Hi AndrewJRenko,

From your looking at your picture, it appears to be a road gully, which would not fall under Irish Water's remit. You will need to contact the Roads Department in your Local Authority directly.

Thanks,
    Allanah

Hi AndrewJRenko,

From your looking at your picture, it appears to be a road gully, which would not fall under Irish Water's remit. You will need to contact the Roads Department in your Local Authority directly.

Thanks,
    Allanah
    DLR say "[font=Arial, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, sans-serif]he Inspector in charge of this case has informed me it is an Irish Water valve cover that is missing. Please report this issue directly to Irish Water for replacement. [/font]"

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Joe Kane

Hi AndrewJRenko,

Thanks,
    Allanah
    you haven't a clue what it is until you get the investigation team to check it out. 

if it's a stop valve cover and IW are responsible for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Classic. A few years ago not long after Irish Water was established a family member had an issue with a communal blocked drain on her property. I made numerous calls to Irish Water and DLR Council trying to get someone to come out with both insisting it was the responsibility of the other. I felt like a table tennis ball I was bounced back and forth so often. I can't remember exactly but I think in the end it was a council employee (representing Irish Water) who came out only to tell us it was up to my family member to deal with. When it had happened previously before the formation of Irish Water the Council dealt with it without any issue.

Anyway it's good to hear that things have improved.

• Company Representative Posts: 36 Verified rep Irish Water: Rebecca

Hi AndrewJRenko,

Thanks,
    Allanah
    DLR say "[font=Arial,]he Inspector in charge of this case has informed me it is an Irish Water valve cover that is missing. Please report this issue directly to Irish Water for replacement. [/font]"
    Hi AndrewJRenko,

We apologize for the confusion. Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We have raised this issue with our Local Water Department to investigate this issue.

Thanks,
    Rebecca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

As you can see from the attached photos, there is a drain cover missing on Ballinteer Avenue, right outside the Coach House pub. This a hazard for cyclists.

Can you please get this fixed.
    How is that a hazard for cyclists? There is no bike with wheels that small lol

How is that a hazard for cyclists? There is no bike with wheels that small lol

You don't need to fit a wheel into a hole for it to be a hazard. Any wheel hitting off the far edge of the whole will get an unnecessary bump, which could be destabilising.

Or are you suggesting none of these drains need covers?

This is a bit strange, but I'm fairly sure that the drain cover in question here was fixed some weeks ago. However, when I passed today, I found that it was missing again, leaving the exposed hole on the road.

Can you please investigate again and liaise with DLRCC as required to get this sorted?

Please click to see full photo.
    534069.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 36 Verified rep Irish Water: Rebecca

This is a bit strange, but I'm fairly sure that the drain cover in question here was fixed some weeks ago. However, when I passed today, I found that it was missing again, leaving the exposed hole on the road.

Can you please investigate again and liaise with DLRCC as required to get this sorted?

Please click to see full photo.
    534069.jpg
    HiAndrewJRenko,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We have raised an investigation to have this investigated.

If you need anything further, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Rebecca

Advertisement