Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

the_syco wrote: »
    If you're near the beach, and zombies chase you, shoot once or twice, and get lots after you. Run to the tip, and swim to another tip, and keep running. The zeds should stay at the first tip, but some of them can swim. Have gotten away from a 15 zed horde by doing this.
    And the video;

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Got shot by somebody, ran away, and now I need to take painkillers.

I can't figure out how to select them. Any tips? I've got two in the slots to the right of the backpack (along with beans, flares, water and morphine) but for whatever reason they don't appear in thy list of selectable items, only beans and water by using the scroll wheel and and flares by pressing f. Still no painkillers :(

It's a damn shame because I have 14 clips for the Markov.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I've got two in the slots to the right of the backpack (along with beans and morphine)
    Backpack as in alice/coyote pack, or backpack as in the gear bag? Pretty sure the stuff has to be in the gear bag for you to select it.

They are in the gear bag. Maybe there is a limit you can take because I took one earlier (about 20 minutes ago in game time) and it didn't stop the shakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

When you press enter to choose an action it should come up as an option to take them. If it doesn't, you don't need them.

At least thats what other players have been telling me when I can't get it to work.

• Advertisement

I most definitely needed them. I couldn't see what I was doing. Anyway, I just respawned. It was no fun.

Now that I have experienced Day Z.....

5I7um.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

What a game. Seriously.

So I wandered through the wilderness for ages, taking out a few z's along the way. Arrive in Novy Sobor, and get stocked to the absolute gills with equipment. I had tonnes of food,drink and bandages, a winchester with about 6 loads of ammo, makarov with plenty off ammo too.

When on my way out of Novy Sobor, I get attacked by a z and lose a bit of blood and start shaking. I have everything but painkillers or a blood pack so check my map to see the nearest town or whatever. I see there is an army base/airfield nearby so I move in that direction in the hope of finding a medical tent.

I'm venturing through some open fields when I hear shots in the distance, I can't really tell if they're coming for me but I go to ground anyway just in case. I crawl all the way over to some trees which overlook the encampment and spot quite a few z's all over the place and my screen is shaking pretty bad. So I start to crawl down towards an opening in the fence so I can hopefully find some medical supplies.

Just as I reach the opening I hear something behind me and turned around and there is a survivor right behind me. I panic and try to type friendly in the chat box as fast as I could! So out of nowhere he gives me a transfusion and some painkillers, suddenly the colour on my screen returns. He then asks if I could give him a transfusion so I did. Just as I finish I see a z crawling right up behind him and I take a blast with my shotgun. Suddenly a z soldier pops out and my buddy, Uroth takes a shot at him. Cue ****storm.

Next thing I see is about 20 z's absolutely swarm him, I took a futile shot or two and ran away to try and preserve myself thinking there was no way he could survive that. I go by the tents, and decide to return as I can hear he's still shooting. I take a few shots and his character looks like he lagged out so next thing the horde are chasing me up a hill! I keep running and turn around to give them and odd blast of the shotgun.

A few seconds later, Uroth is back and asks if I'm clear and sees me running with plenty of z's behind me, I head for a barn and he clears a lot of them out and I finished off the others. It was beyond epic. So he calls me over, gives me an AK, shows me where there is ammo etc. I stock up on supplies and we hang there for a while, taking random shots at z's. We later tried to move onto another town but we both got overwhelmed with zombies and both lost all our equipment!

It was one of the best gaming moments of my life and luckily I had fraps on during most of it :D

Here are some pics of the aftermath:

t9ts9f.jpg

2zqaf6u.jpg

I have video of it too and will try to post it up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Helmsman

tried out this game this evening, went on some american server, nice and bright
    i dont think i have the balls to play this at night.
    traveled inland a few miles, checked out a barn, nothing there, came out to fast
    and got chased by one zombie, then i could not find my gun, it disappeared,i could not shoot the thing, but i could have a picnic.(ill have to get better at the controls)
    do you want a drink ? do you wana eat, for f sake!! meanwhile Z beating me up.
    eventually shot it and i got away. hid in a shed bleeding dying.
    what a great game. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

We managed to set up a great game this evening, 8 of us teamed up (all boardsies) and we headed off to the main big airfield. We had plenty of food, and ammo at the start, but we were all starving and parched and running for miles with hundreds of zombies behind us for a lot of the way. 5 of us reached the airbase at the end, then three of us died. Not sure what happened to the other two.

I recorded most the gameplay, but it was taking a huge toll on my hard drive as the in total I recorded almost 350GB of gameplay. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

3 of us were left on the airfield so we logged out. Was a funny game, though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I logged out in the building across the road from the bell tower in Cherno. Hoping that when i log in tonight there'll be some decent guns (only got a pistol atm) and can then meet up with you lot when you spawn.

Good fun...except when we were ambushed at the small airfield :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Map
    Legend

Can someone stick that in the Newbie Guide? ^^
    We managed to set up a great game this evening, 8 of us teamed up (all boardsies) and we headed off to the main big airfield. We had plenty of food, and ammo at the start, but we were all starving and parched and running for miles with hundreds of zombies behind us for a lot of the way. 5 of us reached the airbase at the end, then three of us died. Not sure what happened to the other two.

I recorded most the gameplay, but it was taking a huge toll on my hard drive as the in total I recorded almost 350GB of gameplay. :o

Look forward to seeing that :)

Great fun last night, Although I wasnt much help at all when **** hit the fan as I had literally nothing except a ****ty crossbow with 1 bolt all night !

In Vybor (after we all legged it from the church in Pustoschka) when we were all running from the zombies I went down, Broke a goddam leg!!! Instantly surrounded and was killed in seconds ! Literally the worst timing for that to happen ever !

Will start making my way north again to meet everyone as soon as I spawn.

We have to get a bus or a helicopter sometime!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

A little tip its kinda cheating but if you stand on somethings the zombies can't get you. Like the train platform, factory loading docks, bridges, walkways or in some doorway entrances. They slow down on some surfaces too.
    It makes up for them being able to climb ladders, walk through walls and doors. And their heat seeking ability.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Looking forward to seeing some of the footage when you manage to upload it.

Had great fun last night, a few of us were holed up in that small airfield at Balota when a hidden sniper got one of us. After some back and forth and a ruthless but hilarious murder of a survivor by Fawkon, the rest of us made a break for it into the forest behind the control tower only to get killed by two passing bandits - maybe the same sniper(s) that hit us from the front.

Being chased by a horde of zombies later on was fun even if I did get tagged and eventually succumbed to them. What I find really interesting about the game is the team dynamics when a group of players get together, brilliant fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Last night was awesome.
    Some randomer wandered into OUR airbase.

FlyingIrish: Hey Troy, wanna join our group?
    Troy: Sure
    FlyingIrish: *BANGBANGBANG!!!
    Troy: *Dies
    Troy: WTF?!
    US: olololololololololololol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Korvanica wrote: »
    Map
    Legend

Can someone stick that in the Newbie Guide? ^^

Updated group plus I added couple downloadable HD maps

Also updated the Steam / IGN list (getting big now!)
    Korvanica wrote: »
    We have to get a bus or a helicopter sometime

I'm finally going to get to play 1.5.7 tonight (it's been a long 5 days) but one of my aims is find and build a car/bus as I've seen all the parts but never something you can actually repair.

I did manage to find a motorcycle abandoned in the middle of field though unfortunately it had no gas.... had a fun roll down a hill though :D

FlyingIrish: Hey Troy, wanna join our group?
    Troy: Sure
    FlyingIrish: *BANGBANGBANG!!!
    Troy: *Dies
    Troy: WTF?!
    US: olololololololololololol
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    After some back and forth and a ruthless but hilarious murder of a survivor by Fawkon

That was brutal...and hilarious :D

I've never used Mumble before, how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I've never used Mumble before, how does it work?

You talk into the mic and others hear you :D

• Advertisement

Smart ass :P

Seriously though, it's that simple. You can download it for free, and you put the details from the earlier post when adding a server. Once you join the server, move into the DayZ channel and talk away. Really easy, and dead handy.

Sweeeeet. So I can just do without the teamspeak in-game? If I get shouted at one more time for accidentally going into side channel I'm gonna cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I've never used it either but apparently it has the directional audio built in so no need to use in-game chat at all... way too ackward switching from side to direct channel all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

damm it. there is the thread! sorry can OP delete the one i just made. diddnt see this one

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ok I can get a server going for this in Ireland for say 40 slots but it will cost about €90 a month to host it in Ireland, anyone else want to share the cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

what time do most of you peeps get on. i'll be on about 9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Just one of the many to come videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyd4F_xc6As

Listen at the very end, who was that that just goes "Oooh, nice rainbow"

Kiith wrote: »
    Smart ass :P

Seriously though, it's that simple. You can download it for free, and you put the details from the earlier post when adding a server. Once you join the server, move into the DayZ channel and talk away. Really easy, and dead handy.

Aye very handy tool. The only other thing I'd add is to go into Configure -> Settings and tick Advanced bottom left. Select Audio Output and tick that Positional Audio option. Also go into the Overlay section and move the position of the user names frame - by default it sits on top of that DayZ debug window top right which shows some useful info. I dragged mine top left, don't think any game info appears there.

Just one of the many to come videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyd4F_xc6As

Listen at the very end, who was that that just goes "Oooh, nice rainbow"

Lol so that's what happened with the 2 mags emptied into him moment. :pac:

The rainbow comment was me. I was also heard to say "ooh look at the little rabbit" later on when the rest of the group was being chased/eaten by zombies. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Wossack

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Aye very handy tool. The only other thing I'd add is to go into Configure -> Settings and tick Advanced bottom left. Select Audio Output and tick that Positional Audio option. Also go into the Overlay section and move the position of the user names frame - by default it sits on top of that DayZ debug window top right which shows some useful info. I dragged mine top left, don't think any game info appears there.

from playing arma2 normal, I believe your weapon info is shown up there (semi / full / smoke grenade / flare etc etc)

not sure if its the same for dayz though :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement