Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gas pipe leak in kitchen

Options
  • 16-01-2019 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Just noticed gas leak in pipe behind cooker. Pipe is travelling under floor in kitchen and out to garage all under ground unexposed. Im not a plumber, I sprayed soapy water along pipe behind cooker and it appears the leak is coming up between the pipe and the outer skin. My fear is it maybe travelling from anywhere underground and travelling along under the outer skin and exiting where its stripped. See pic. Is this possible or fixible in anyway?? Lifting tar outside etc wont be possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭keithdub

Turn it off and get a rgi registered plumber in

Strangely enough gas explodes and kills.

Turn off the gas and open a window or door then phone your supplier/emergency number.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Philip82

Have all that done lads. This is not on a gas networks supply, its a barrell in the garage. Has anybody seen or fixed a leak thats coming up under the skin of the pipe. By the way im waiting on my plumber I wont be doing anything. Im clued in enough to know tho that the leak wont or cant be fixed at the point where its leaking from. I was looking to see if anybody has seen the leak travel between the pipe and the skin along underground and if so have they successfully repaired at the point where it is stripped inside where the gas then escapes. Range is not on an outside wall by the way.

Philip82 wrote: »
    Have all that done lads. This is not on a gas networks supply, its a barrell in the garage. Has anybody seen or fixed a leak thats coming up under the skin of the pipe. By the way im waiting on my plumber I wont be doing anything. Im clued in enough to know tho that the leak wont or cant be fixed at the point where its leaking from. I was looking to see if anybody has seen the leak travel between the pipe and the skin along underground and if so have they successfully repaired at the point where it is stripped inside where the gas then escapes. Range is not on an outside wall by the way.

All due respect but every explosion I’ve dealt with or know was preventable, your dealing with a gas that is heavier than air, there is a given process for safely dealing with your situation which will also give you the information your looking for.

I wouldn’t do what your doing as LPG scares me.

Advertisement