Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Poll - How many nights spent in your van - 2018?

• 07-01-2019 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

From using it as extra bedspace for people staying over at your house, to living in it, and everything in between, just curious as to how many nights folks spent in their vans during 2018? Please vote in the poll.

Separately, to make it viable to get a van / keep a van, what do you think are the minimum number of nights necessary to spend in your van per year?

Please also include any other comments/feedback/suggestions.

How many nights spent in your van - 2018? 18 votes

between 1 - 7 nights ( 1 week)
    22% 4 votes
    between 8 - 14 nights ( 2 weeks)
    5% 1 vote
    between 15 - 21 nights ( 3 weeks)
    5% 1 vote
    between 22 - 28 nights ( 4 weeks / 1 month)
    5% 1 vote
    between 29 - 56 nights ( 8 weeks / 2 months)
    16% 3 votes
    between 57 - 84 nights (12 weeks / 3 months)
    33% 6 votes
    between 85 - 112 nights (16 weeks / 4 months)
    5% 1 vote
    between 113 - 140 nights (20 weeks / 5 months)
    0% 0 votes
    between 141 - 168 nights (24 weeks / 6 months)
    5% 1 vote
    greater than 169 nights (25 weeks plus / 6 months plus)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Freedive Ireland

I work a few days away from home so it stops me commuting and allows greater travel in the summer months. I used it over the Xmas period to avoid drink driving, actually plugged in at friends houses but didn't disrupt them. Gone at or before lunchtime depending on the quantities of alcohol consumed. It's an almost (always a work in progress it seems) converted stealth camper so hasn't cost much in outlay.Paid for itself several times over imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

About three months for me. Should have been closer to 5, but French bureaucratic stupidity interfered with my work (and associated travel) plans for the first couple of months of the year. And I also treated myself to two months of an off-continent Big Birthday holiday treat, sleeping on trains and sofas and park benches ... :rolleyes:

So two months as a home-away-from-home for work and two holidays (1wk and 3wks). There might have been a few other weeks in there using it for accommodation at home because I couldn't be bothered to move back into the house between journeys, but I wouldn't really count that, as I'd have been using all the other house facilities at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

In Ireland only...(including Northern Ireland)

By a rough tally, 36 nights.
    That includes three spells of six nights or more continuously: plus several weekends and a number of overnights (like the above, the camper is really useful for the likes of New Years Eve parties where we can park up, have a drink or two, and sleep over without bothering anyone.
    Also used it for helping to carry large items eg, a treadmill, a wardrobe, that wouldn't have fit in our little car!

Advertisement