Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The non-existant last bus strikes again!

Options
  • 03-01-2019 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭

So in Blanchardstown tonight checked the Dublin bus site for the last bus and was told due in 15 minutes (there was one ahead of it due instantly) so I timed that and went out when it got to 5 minutes .

When I got to my stop, there was a broken down SG and a recovery truck fixing up the engine . First thing that came to mind was this last bus wouldn't show (as the last bus was in fact an earlier bus that didn't run and was carried over until after midnight )

Surely enough after 10 minutes I gave up and got a taxi . This is the 4th time this has happened on the 39 in months.

Didn't help either that the driver of the bus didn't bother to ask where I was going or inform me that the last bus was gone.

Anyway rant over!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

You should have waited. At least 20mins.

They try not to cancel the last bus as it brings fines from the NTA. Without a doubt, the controller would have been contacting each driver that night to cover the last car. They usually do with the offer of overtime.
    I have done it to bail them out more than a few times.

The driver of the last bus was probably as piszed of as you as he would have been on his last trip before home. He also probably did not know what was going on either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

The thing is..... I think the last bus ran!

The problem is when a bus doesn't show, i noticed that it remains on the RTPI system up until the end of the night, so when you think that, that bus is the last bus it's not and the second last bus is.

That bus remained on the RTPI system up until 12.30am last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

thomasj wrote: »
    The thing is..... I think the last bus ran!

The problem is when a bus doesn't show, i noticed that it remains on the RTPI system up until the end of the night, so when you think that, that bus is the last bus it's not and the second last bus is.

That bus remained on the RTPI system up until 12.30am last night
    That whole system is outdated and problematic. The money the NTA invest into bad ideas could be better spent fixing what we have. The RTPI for example .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

If only the rtpi showed where the bus really was...

Advertisement