Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strong winds / Heavy Rain Tues 27 and Storm Diana Weds 28 Nov. 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Winds have eased a bit and can see sky starting to brighten to the west of me so that’s probably the worst of the rain gone through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭highdef

It shows cold frontogenesis, a developing cold front.
    Thought as much - not terribly common thing to see on the fax charts so a good sign of the potential in this storm although she'll be well matured by the time she arrives on our shores.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Warnings for Diana will be issued later this morning. Trying best not to confuse the two events.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Louth wasn’t in the warning but honestly it’s oretty horrible here. Heavy rain, very windy. The kind of weather where you don’t want to go anywhere at all.

That’s mad cause I’m just up the road in Bettystown and it’s not too bad.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Gusting 57.5kts atm in DunLaoghaire : http://www.dlhweather.com/current-details/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Drumpot wrote: »
    That’s mad cause I’m just up the road in Bettystown and it’s not too bad.

Im in meath to, but not far from Collon and its not bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

That low thay forms during Thursday needs to be watched. It's so complex that a small shifts will lead to large effects.

Thursday night.
    ukmo_nat_fax_2018112700_072.png]

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just been outside and the ocean to the north is a maelstrom. Winds picked up again here and horizontal deluges driving in. west mayo offshore island

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Gusting 58.3kts now in DunLaoghaire, and, 59kts at Dublin Bay Buoy.

Very windy and wet in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

squall line developing along the waterford coast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

I think Moses is South of leixlip. Rain just appears to part and miss us. For now. Few gusts nothing wild yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Dublin Port has been closed due to the conditions out there, has a knock on affect on the M50 and surrounding areas as the tunnel has now been closed and traffic pretty much just stopped now on the M50.

squall just hit

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

On a bit of a hill here in county Waterford, very strong gusts and driving rain. Windows taking a belting. Back from school run, fair bit of spot flooding. Feels mild temp-wise. Almighty gusts there now, making me nervous!

crustybla wrote: »
    On a bit of a hill here in county Waterford, very strong gusts and driving rain. Windows taking a belting. Back from school run, fair bit of spot flooding. Feels mild temp-wise. Almighty gusts there now, making me nervous!

Horizontal rain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Hurrache wrote: »
    Dublin Port has been closed due to the conditions out there, has a knock on affect on the M50 and surrounding areas as the tunnel has now been closed and traffic pretty much just stopped now on the M50.

Ah ****e what direction is it stopped ? Just finished a night shift and will be on it shortly.

piplip87 wrote: »
    Ah ****e what direction is it stopped ? Just finished a night shift and will be on it shortly.

from aa

Very heavy heading towards the Port this morning due to restrictions.
    Traffic is being metered into the southbound bore of Port Tunnel due to restrictions at the port. Motorists are advised to use alternative routes. As a result, traffic is heavy entering the tunnel with delays back to J4 Donabate on the M1.

AQIQK0E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

WTF. An underground tunnel been closed because of winds. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

WTF. An underground tunnel been closed because of winds. :pac:

Port is closed not the port tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

It's positively wild out around Dublin docklands. Walking to work, i saw countless umbrella sudden deaths, esp. around grand canal square and Rosie Hackett bridge. Gusts were really bad, people struggling at times to walk in it. I don't know how people cycle in that weather, mad feckers!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Biblical rain here 20 mins ago but a clearance now and less windy.
    Max gust of 100km/h at my station and 19.6mm of rain since Midnight

www.waterfordweather.com

that was before the one I posted above, its metered at the moment and now "Dublin Traffic: Trucks drivers North of service stations in Lusk are being asked to pull over temporarily due to traffic backlogs. Please await further updates"

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭TwoCats

Mental rain in Dundalk and bins blowing around the road, in the dark, with terrible visibility. Fun times!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

highdef wrote: »
    Gaoth Laidir, the unusual looking cold front west of the Azores, does that signify a developing cold front or something? The line is not solid so it obviously signifies something.

It is a developing front - heres a good page for descriptions of the various fronts (bottom of the page) - https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/guide/weather/symbols

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

mojesius wrote: »
    I don't know how people cycle in that weather, mad feckers!
    The buildings cause the wind to seem more severe. I know we don't have skyscrapers, but skyscraper effect winds are a thing. It wasn't so bad out in the suburbs - I regretted being traffic rather than on the bike this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

Trucks queuing up having the knock on effect to traffic as they are having difficulty loading to ships at Dublin Port.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It's wet and breezy in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Unbelievable rain from Waterford towards Slieverue. Never experienced those driving conditions before! All quiet now again thankfully.

• Advertisement

Bits of blue sky starting to appear here in Waterford, winds died down as well

Advertisement