Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭byrybak

Hi lads,
    Planning on doing this. I have done few Wicklow 200s and MB160, signed up for MB200 as a warm up, if that will go well I’ll cu at the Luas bridge ��

Just couple questions... how do u manage food? Do u bring loads with u or stop in the shops/coffee shops?

Do u normally go as a group or everyone on their own?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

byrybak wrote: »
    Hi lads,
    Planning on doing this. I have done few Wicklow 200s and MB160, signed up for MB200 as a warm up, if that will go well I’ll cu at the Luas bridge ��

Just couple questions... how do u manage food? Do u bring loads with u or stop in the shops/coffee shops?

Do u normally go as a group or everyone on their own?
    Thanks

Usually about 2 coffee stops in laragh and then their is the shop in rathdrum that you can stop at as well.
    I usually bring a few small bits to keep me going in between stops, bars and gels,electrolyte drink. Usually enough to fit in 1 pocket.

Last year we finished in 2 groups of 4 and then 2 finished later, 1 due to technical and 1 was off the pace.
    We always wait within reason but we can only wait so much if you know what I mean.

Hope to see you there. The more the merrier.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

In relation to been off the pace any year i’ve done it i’ve started before everyone and usually finish way off pace.

It can be a long day and you may need to prepare for doing a lot of it alone (but you do usually pass people)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Can you not drive to the start. I believe that’s what devonp done last year. Their is always a get out somewhere along the route that will still leave you with a long but very respectful day in the saddle.

I don't drive. I'm only in Santry anyway. I'd likely be doing it solo I'd say and trying to get out early if i do make it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

I was completely out on a technicality at the time....but might be around but wont know until closer the time.

How vague am I.. :D

What route did youse decide btw?

• Advertisement

I was completely out on a technicality at the time....but might be around but wont know until closer the time.

How vague am I.. :D

What route did youse decide btw?

Route 2 is winning at the moment by 2 votes.
    Hope to see you on the day at some stage.

Route 2 is winning at the moment by 2 votes.
    Hope to see you on the day at some stage.

See how the body holds up on Mick Byrne...cycling form this year is way off coupled with a few knocks..
    Is it defo 5130m? Why didnt i look at that first......

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Looking less likely that I'll be able to due it in June. To much stuff on with the kids at the weekends. Probably July before I get a chance at a weekend pass

Just over a week to go. On Saturday which ever route has the most votes will be chosen as it will give yous time to load the route to your Garmins.

The weather is looking ok but not as good as the last few years but still plenty of time for that to change.
    The last few years have probably been to hot so 16-17 degrees will be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Probably won't make it this year. Real Life stuff getting in the way :rolleyes:
    Will try and do the route later in the year if I get a pass.

Have 'fun'.

• Advertisement

daragh_ wrote: »
    Probably won't make it this year. Real Life stuff getting in the way :rolleyes:
    Will try and do the route later in the year if I get a pass.

Have 'fun'.

Fair enough Daragh. You probably deserve a year off anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Alexzont

The weather last year really knocked it out of me. I think it was in the high 20's when we where down around Glenmalure. Looking forward to it this year.

So it’s route 2 for Saturday.
    I forgot to post that on Saturday night due to the match and following few sessions I’ve been on celebrating so to say I’m under prepared is an under statement.
    Weather looks interesting too. See yous all there at 7.15.
    Should be a great turn out considering we had 17 votes😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Can't make it this year, need to be elsewhere... Damn.

Right given the poor turnout Irishrover Im in until Sallygap then I'll be turning left lad..(going out on the beer so have to be back somewhat fresh)
    Takes me 30 minutes to get to bad bend at Rockbrook school no point me going to Dundrum at this stage so I can meet you there at Rockbrook turn for 7.45am?? PM me your phone number...
    Im bringing a buddy as well so he doesnt know anywhere over D'southside..

Anyone else want to join in on the half Evil?
    Rain to be gone by 6am and a Westerly wind not that it matters its Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I would love to do this,
    However

I will probably do the route next weekend. Stay safe to those doing the it

I would love to do this,
    However

I will probably do the route next weekend. Stay safe to those doing the it

Thats no excuse do the half work up a thirst.. ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Thats no excuse do the half work up a thirst.. ;D

This is my last big blowout before fight camp starts so I shall be on the beer tonight and then again at about 9 in the morning, I plan to have drank myself sober by the time Metallica hit the stage :pac:

Right given the poor turnout Irishrover Im in until Sallygap then I'll be turning left lad..(going out on the beer so have to be back somewhat fresh)
    Takes me 30 minutes to get to bad bend at Rockbrook school no point me going to Dundrum at this stage so I can meet you there at Rockbrook turn for 7.45am?? PM me your phone number...
    Im bringing a buddy as well so he doesnt know anywhere over D'southside..

Anyone else want to join in on the half Evil?
    Rain to be gone by 6am and a Westerly wind not that it matters its Ireland.

I think it would be closer to 8 am before we get there so see you then.

I think it would be closer to 8 am before we get there so see you then.

I’ll meet you in Dundrum 7:15am
    a few extra km...

• Advertisement

This is my last big blowout before fight camp starts so I shall be on the beer tonight and then again at about 9 in the morning, I plan to have drank myself sober by the time Metallica hit the stage :pac:

Im keeping myself for a similar blow out starting with the gig and finishing with the Dubs on Sunday...
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Good luck all. Sorry I won't be there to share the pain.

Cu in the morning.
    Any advice where can I park all day without being clamped?

byrybak wrote: »
    Cu in the morning.
    Any advice where can I park all day without being clamped?

Anywhere around the Knocknashee estate. Just up from Airfield.

We should ask Nico Roche next year. He'd just about hang on!

https://twitter.com/nicholasroche/status/1137076797894483968

43.33 km 1,686 m 1h 52m

26.19 km 2,987 m 4h 25m

169.52 Km, 4,673m 6H 30m

Good luck today lads

Whoever done that route deserves a kick in the bollox.
    Didn’t complete the full route. About 200km when I get home and about 3800 meters. 23.5 average so it was a fast day.
    Loads of excuses but in reality I was mentally defeated before I started.
    Just not enough time on the bike.
    In the blue light with my 2 compadres having some delightful pints.

Finished! https://www.strava.com/activities/2434278012

Just hoping Dave (devon) is still alive. Started raining heavily on the sally gap and he punctured but gave the thumbs up to leave him behind. Just myself and Paul at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bingobars

Well done all ðŸ‘ðŸ¼ðŸ‘ðŸ¼ðŸ‘ðŸ¼ðŸ‘ðŸ¼ðŸ˜ðŸŽ‰ðŸŽ‰ðŸŽ‰

• Advertisement

Evil 200 done and dusted. Thanks all for great day on the pusher , especially Alex and Dave ( the finishers ) I was 100 meters short of 5000 went up “blue light pub “ climb twice

https://strava.app.link/Xg82bqLAmX

Advertisement