Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving a kitchen to new house

Options
  • 17-11-2018 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Hope this is right place to ask.
    I'm wondering has this or can it be done. Or is it even worth doing? New house has an older kitchen so was going to move kitchen from current house over. The doors at least should be manageable but can the units be brought too? I'm worried about the cost as our builder might feel like it's twice the work and charge as much.
    Any ideas welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,613 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Of Course it can be done any fitter can do that work.

Have you made the buyer of your existing home aware that the kitchen is not included... That will have to be in the contracts you can't just pull it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

It’s not a big job to do and any cabinet maker should be able to do it for you, but there are some things you need to consider.

1) will the kitchen fit in the new house (will it be too big or too small)
    2) what are you going to put in place of the kitchen in your current house, will you pay to put in a new “cheap” kitchen
    3) was it an expensive kitchen or would it be cheaper to leave it there and simply for a new kitchen in the new house

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Hope this is right place to ask.
    I'm wondering has this or can it be done. Or is it even worth doing? New house has an older kitchen so was going to move kitchen from current house over. The doors at least should be manageable but can the units be brought too? I'm worried about the cost as our builder might feel like it's twice the work and charge as much.
    Any ideas welcome!

Has the old house no value or is it being knocked , because removing the kitchen will impact house value .
    Also consider getting new carcasses, instead of moving as they are minimal cost.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it's perfectly common in germany that renters bring their own kitchen. the difference in germany though is that renters have security and consistency so if they want to rent the property long term, they can.

Advertisement