Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sea Swimming - bitten by something?

• 29-09-2018 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

I've been in the sea a fair bit this year and about 10 days ago, I stood on something whilst walking out to my depth. It felt squishy under my foot but I thought nothing of it. While swimming I thought my big toe felt a bit strange but put it down to the cold.
    When I got out of the water, my big toe was bleeding and painful. Dried off, went home and the toe was swollen and sore. Had a shower and cleaned it up and the swelling went down and all's well now except for a mad itch under the skin. You can see a puncture mark. Any idea what this might have been? Didn't see any jellyfish, and I'm in Waterford.
    And yes, I am buying neoprene swim shoes now ....:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭roytheboyo

Weaverfish. Can be very very painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

roytheboyo wrote: »
    Weaverfish. Can be very very painful.

I think I got stung by one of these in Italy - as you say, very painful. Nearly passed out and half of the foot swelled up. (Same foot as well).

In this case though, the puncture mark here was on top of the toe even though I stood on something. I thought weaver fish had spines on top? This time, I think the hot water of the shower helped and I peed on it for good measure. (Sorry if this is too much information) :D

Advertisement