Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for advice for buying 'single' comics (non digital)

• 17-05-2018 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to start buying comics for my son as a weekly 'treat'. I've done some looking and from what I could see, it's mainly volules that are available.

Is there a recomended path to get into this with good online stores? I've res through the sticky and the single comics here seem to be overly expensive.

I'm over in the US next month and would have no problem buying an entire series in bulk if that were possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

I loved 2000AD back in the day. Think its still going. Bit of variety each week, great art, and lots of spin off's if he gets into it.

Oh.....and it has (had?) Slaine, an Irish hero!

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

2000AD is still around but not many newsagents stock them.

Sub City (on Dame St. and Mary St.) have apparently started doing "packs" of comics that might suit your needs. Forbidden Planet (on Wellington Quay) and Dublin City Comics (Capel St.) and Big Bang (Dundrum Shopping Centre) do back issues as well (if you're looking to buy a few from the same story in 1 go).

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Barack Obama

Draco wrote: »
    2000AD is still around but not many newsagents stock them.

Sub City (on Dame St. and Mary St.) have apparently started doing "packs" of comics that might suit your needs. Forbidden Planet (on Wellington Quay) and Dublin City Comics (Capel St.) and Big Bang (Dundrum Shopping Centre) do back issues as well (if you're looking to buy a few from the same story in 1 go).

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll definitly look into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,391 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll definitly look into that.

My dad did the same thing for me back in 1995 with 2000AD and I contued buying it every week until 2015 :eek:

Was just a really nice nostalgic weekly sci fi fix. Was sad to stop buying them but I'd just gotten sick of moving the collection every time I moved apartment/house

Moved over to collecting original artwork from issues instead. But that's another story :D

Advertisement