Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bord Gáis Energy Theatre - Seating View?

• 27-10-2015 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi everyone! :)

I'm just wondering whether anyone on here has ever sat in Row A of the Upper Circle, Seat 9-10 at the BGE Theatre before? It's in the right-hand side section as you look at it from the stage, and it's the seats right on the edge, next to the staircase. I've tickets booked for Derren Brown next May, but I didn't realise there appears to be some sort of guard at the end of the staircase next to these seats. Judging by some pictures I saw online, this looks like it might obscure the view of the stage (particularly for Seat 10), but it's kind of difficult to tell definitively.

If anyone has any experience of sitting in these seats or of the view from sitting in that area of the upper circle for a performance, I'd be really grateful. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I have never sat in those exact seats but to the best of my knowledge there are no restricted view seats in the BGE Theatre in the way there are in older theatres. In fact I would have thought the first row of the Upper Circle would be quite good seats. Hopefully someone who has sat there can advise further but I think you'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Sat up there for The Lion King (not those exact seats). While the view isn't obscured, I did find it a long way from the stage & felt somewhat out of the performance.

You're looking down on everything & the performances are geared toward looking at or slightly up to it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I've sat in the front row of the upper circle before with no issues... I think the rail guard might be a *slight* issue for where you've described compared to the middle of the row, but still miles better than having to put with a tall persons head in front of you!! I wouldn't consider it a restricted view or anything.

It is a bit far up, but if the price is right it's one I'd still go for myself :) I was in the second row of the upper circle the last time he was in Dublin and I had a blast! Obviously it's further away compared to the stalls or the dress circle, but he's a great showman and does his best to involve everyone (although be warned, if he does any hypnosis, for safety reasons he wouldn't allow people in the front row of the circles to participate :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ElecKtrA

Hey,

I'm trying to book tickets to a show here and the only tickets left and those that are at the very back of the Upper Circle. Has anyone experienced sitting here? Can you still see the stage - any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

ElecKtrA wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm trying to book tickets to a show here and the only tickets left and those that are at the very back of the Upper Circle. Has anyone experienced sitting here? Can you still see the stage - any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Sorry, this post may be too late for you but figured I'd post anyway in case it's useful to someone else.

Yes, you can still see the stage at the back of the upper circle (i.e. no obstructed view). However it is very far away from the stage, so you wouldn't be able to make out facial expressions. I'd still sit there myself though if the price is right, but not for anything I really wanted to see (I'd shell more for a better seat then! Even the back of the lower/dress circle is a good bit better and usually not much more expensive).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ElecKtrA

woodchuck wrote: »
    Sorry, this post may be too late for you but figured I'd post anyway in case it's useful to someone else.

Yes, you can still see the stage at the back of the upper circle (i.e. no obstructed view). However it is very far away from the stage, so you wouldn't be able to make out facial expressions. I'd still sit there myself though if the price is right, but not for anything I really wanted to see (I'd shell more for a better seat then! Even the back of the lower/dress circle is a good bit better and usually not much more expensive).

Thanks woodchuck! That's a great a reply. It just the show that I want to see there is only a limited number of seats available! But I've been to West End musicals and have always got seats in the ''Stalls'' - sometimes not such a great view (because seats are poorly tiered) and other times, pretty happy to dish out the extra cash for quality of the experience.

ElecKtrA wrote: »
    Thanks woodchuck! That's a great a reply. It just the show that I want to see there is only a limited number of seats available! But I've been to West End musicals and have always got seats in the ''Stalls'' - sometimes not such a great view (because seats are poorly tiered) and other times, pretty happy to dish out the extra cash for quality of the experience.

If it's all that's available for a show I want to see, I'd go for it :) That's surprising though, normally the cheapest seats tend to sell quicker! Hope you enjoy it anyway :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 Wolfgang65

Hi, I too have just bough tickets for a Derren Brown performance at the Bord Gais Theatre. I have seats in row X in the stalls. It was the closest I could get to the stage. Has anybody got any feedback regarding this positioning? Ideally I wanted a clear view and to be able to make out facial expressions and such!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ciaran795

woodchuck wrote: »
    I've sat in the front row of the upper circle before with no issues... I think the rail guard might be a *slight* issue for where you've described compared to the middle of the row, but still miles better than having to put with a tall persons head in front of you!! I wouldn't consider it a restricted view or anything.

It is a bit far up, but if the price is right it's one I'd still go for myself :) I was in the second row of the upper circle the last time he was in Dublin and I had a blast! Obviously it's further away compared to the stalls or the dress circle, but he's a great showman and does his best to involve everyone (although be warned, if he does any hypnosis, for safety reasons he wouldn't allow people in the front row of the circles to participate :P)

Thanks so much for your response! :) I had the tickets bought already so there's not a whole lot I can do about it now....felt as though it was the best trade-off between price and views for the seats that were left when I was booking. I emailed the BGE theatre to ask them but they never replied back to me, hopefully though it won't be too much of an issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Twall65

Hi. I have booked tickets for Wicked in over H seat 18 of the upper circle. It was the cheapest available to me and I've seen the show in London before so I'm not worried about the view. My main concern is the sound level. I'm afraid ignoble he very loud at times. If anyone has sat near their and remembered it there were many speakers nearer that would be great.

I'm still looking g forward to it regarless!!!!!!☺☺

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ginkgogirl

Hi, I sat in similair seats for Matilda and there was no issues with sound except maybe a few of the children were hard to hear but as far as I remember there were enough speakers for it and I would sit there again especially given the price difference for some of the more popular shows

Advertisement