Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

90's Musician's Greg

• 17-04-2015 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all
    Does anyone have any information on a guy who released a few albums late in the 90's, if i remember right, he was heavily supported by FM104 for awhile. Went by the single name Greg, a deep voice, a bit trippy, very slow stuff.
    He popped into my head this evening, i had a tape of his back in the day but info online is minimal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I remember there used to ads on rotation of Phantom for this guy.

"Toy" the new album from Greg.

Was it Toy? I can't quite recall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Ha! I remember he used to give away his CDs for free on his website. You just gave your name and address and they posted them out to you. :pac: I got one or two myself. Not sure if I still have them or not. I don't really remember anything else about him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

I found this post by searching for the exact phrase "'Toy': the new album from Greg".

Of course I came here to find information, not to share it, cos the title track just popped into my head the other day.

I might still have the album on CD!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I think I saw his CD in a shop in Carlow about a year ago! Dunno if it was the same Greg.

Edit: A quick Google tells me that he runs his own computer business and that Jack L sang backing vocals on the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭its_steve116

The cover of the "Stay" CD, think this MIGHT have been the one I saw in the shop in Carlow...

• Advertisement
Advertisement