Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

what pirate radio stations are on in cork at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Klub FM apologized a little while ago on their FB for a short break in transmission due to ‘an unwelcome visitor’, here’s hoping it wasn’t Comreg and that nothing was taken.

No sign of Hazard in Mallow this afternoon.

True should take the opportunity to reclaim 87.8 while Play are off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I don't know the history down in Cork. Were True Radio off air for a long time before Play FM appeared on the frequency?

All the online content for True still says 87.8 FM - are they on some other frequency, or FM at the moment?

True has an active online stream, nothing for Play FM.

JDxtra wrote: »
    I don't know the history down in Cork. Were True Radio off air for a long time before Play FM appeared on the frequency?

All the online content for True still says 87.8 FM - are they on some other frequency, or FM at the moment?

True has an active online stream, nothing for Play FM.
    True went off in December, technical difficulties or something, Play came on about three weeks later, criticizing True on both theirs and True’s Facebook pages and saying that True were nothing etc. Said posts have been deleted since and True have not returned to the FM yet.
    Play are back on air now anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Really hope DHR comes back on the airwaves. Miss it in the car.

True and Play are battling it out on 87.8, not sure when since

That's a crazy situation to be in. I also hear 87.5 Klub are badly over modulating.

That's a crazy situation to be in. I also hear 87.5 Klub are badly over modulating.
    Forgot to check Klub when I was in the area, but one of the other two needs to move - it’s going to get nasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Forgot to check Klub when I was in the area, but one of the other two needs to move - it’s going to get nasty

I’ve only been getting play in and around the city on that freq. haven’t ever gotten a different station

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »

I’ve only been getting play in and around the city on that freq. haven’t ever gotten a different station
    The problem is probably more prominent outside the city, True not being city-based. Play are on much higher power and in the city and can flatten True in most of the city

So, Play want to have 15kW ERP from a City Centre location? They need a site.

So, Play want to have 15kW ERP from a City Centre location? They need a site.
    Well, they say the purpose of the power increase is apparently to block some interference, maybe this is what they’re referring to

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Klub was sounding ok on the car radio last night.

There was one station on 87.8 but it wasn't strong enough for RDS on College Road or the Ballincollig bypass. Either a poor site or there was something interfering

True appear to have left 87.8. Play launch officially today with live shows

Heard Klub FM today for the first time in a while, have to say their audio is really excellent, much improved playlist as well. Well done to them

True came back on last week so we’re back to radio wars once more

Seems like I’ll have to take that one back! Play FM is off air apparently.

Play are back on.

Play were apparently “robbed” yesterday and are on low power for the moment.

• Advertisement

They shared images before of an 2kW ELENOS E2000DR amplifier. Was that what they lost? There can't be too many of those knocking about.

They shared images before of an 2kW ELENOS E2000DR amplifier. Was that what they lost? There can't be too many of those knocking about.
    Well, they being on low power I’d assume that’s what they lost, though I can’t confirm.

Have Caroline been transmitting continuously since 1981?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,983 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Have Caroline been transmitting continuously since 1981?

i don't think so but couldn't confirm that for definite.

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

DHR back on 104.9

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

DHR back on 104.9
    That's the end of Radio 4 from Haverfordwest in the fine weather :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,983 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

DHR back on 104.9

that's good news.

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

Cork tonight
    87.5 - Klub FM
    87.8 - True FM (seem to have upped their power so Play hardly interfere with them anymore and can cover minimal ground)
    104.9 - DHR
    I was too late to catch Cityview or Caroline but assume they were on

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Music Radio Head

Cork tonight
    87.5 - Klub FM
    87.8 - True FM (seem to have upped their power so Play hardly interfere with them anymore and can cover minimal ground)
    104.9 - DHR
    I was too late to catch Cityview or Caroline but assume they were on
    I saw a post on Play FM there moving to 87.9FM, I would say its because True Radio was over powering them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Anglers

It was reported back to PLAY that Comreg have received complains about TRUE. Hence the move off 87.8fm.

Advertisement